PDA

View Full Version : Polar bear expert barred by global warmists

emazur
06-27-2009, 04:53 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/christopherbooker/5664069/Polar-bear-expert-barred-by-global-warmists.html

More than once since 2006 he has made headlines by insisting that polar bear numbers, far from decreasing, are much higher than they were 30 years ago. Of the 19 different bear populations, almost all are increasing or at optimum levels, only two have for local reasons modestly declined.

Dr Taylor agrees that the Arctic has been warming over the last 30 years. But he ascribes this not to rising levels of CO2 – as is dictated by the computer models of the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and believed by his PBSG colleagues – but to currents bringing warm water into the Arctic from the Pacific and the effect of winds blowing in from the Bering Sea.

Dr Taylor had obtained funding to attend this week's meeting of the PBSG, but this was voted down by its members because of his views on global warming. The chairman, Dr Andy Derocher, a former university pupil of Dr Taylor's, frankly explained in an email (which I was not sent by Dr Taylor) that his rejection had nothing to do with his undoubted expertise on polar bears: "it was the position you've taken on global warming that brought opposition".

heavenlyboy34
06-27-2009, 04:55 PM
lol @ global warming cult! :)

foofighter20x
06-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Isn't the left just so tolerant or diverse viewpoints? :rolleyes:

TGGRV
06-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Global warming is a fraud.

Carson
06-27-2009, 06:27 PM
As long as we allow the government to create fiat money we are going to keep losing our freedom.

Notice how the Globalist are able to have an endless supply of fake money printed up for their causes?

The thing about it is they don't even use their own money to get done what they want. They use the politicians they seem to own to get the countries of the world to spend money they don't have to achieve their goals for them. Then the politicians spend money we don't have, borrow it from the Federal Reserve and we get stiffed with the bill for printing up our own fake money.

Our relationship between our politicians and the federal Reserve is like having your spouse dating the president of the bank that holds your credit card. It may not be so bad that they bought them a house, car and a boat. The thing that may really cheese you is spending your life out raising their children.

The people that back the global warming scheme get unlimited funding at our expense.

Those scientist that want to discuss the issue are left to using their own real hard earned money. Not that spending real hard earned money is a bad thing.

FindLiberty
06-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Maybe extreme activist PBSG "global warmist*" members just need to lock arms and go form a circle within the Arctic Circle in order to become an extra food source for all those extra bears that they say don't even exist...

* Need a name change to match the new climate change theme that replaced the phrase global warming; the new name should simply be, "(tyranical) global alarmist".

Reason
06-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Global warming is a fraud.

thx for letting us know! :rolleyes:

There is nothing fraudulent about climate change.

The fraud is in the statement that we "know" for certain what is causing it.

jsu718
06-27-2009, 06:36 PM
Same old story... if you don't openly support global warming you get nothing. It's the same thing as what happens with the scientists that aren't outspoken in support of evolution.

silverhawks
06-27-2009, 10:28 PM
Notice how the Globalist are able to have an endless supply of fake money printed up for their causes?

The thing about it is they don't even use their own money to get done what they want.

I think they do - they just don't want to "save the environment". That's the scam here. They SAY they want to save the planet - but its actually that they want to spread global legislation to create their one world government.

Dr.3D
06-27-2009, 10:41 PM
As long as we allow the government to create fiat money we are going to keep losing our freedom.

The thing about it is they don't even use their own money to get done what they want. They use the politicians they seem to own to get the countries of the world to spend money they don't have to achieve their goals for them. Then the politicians spend money we don't have, borrow it from the Federal Reserve and we get stiffed with the bill for printing up our own fake money.

Our relationship between our politicians and the federal Reserve is like having your spouse dating the president of the bank that holds your credit card. It may not be so bad that they bought them a house, car and a boat. The thing that may really cheese you is spending your life out raising their children.

The people that back the global warming scheme get unlimited funding at our expense.

Those scientist that want to discuss the issue are left to using their own real hard earned money. Not that spending real hard earned money is a bad thing.

You forgot to mention, we are paying interest to a private entity that made up the money they lend from thin air.

Talk about a scam... WOW, how many people would borrow money and then pay interest to somebody who printed it in their basement?

NerveShocker
06-28-2009, 03:00 AM
yup I've known this for awhile. Every time i see those commercials with 2 polar bears seemingly stranded on a small piece of ice it makes me wanna puke.. only because I know if they zoomed out a bit more you would see the same stranded bears are about 300meters from land and in no danger at all. All this crap about drowning polar bears (which they based on a couple of polar bears who drowned in a serious storm) is just b.s built upon more b.s the same as everything else nowadays.

Immortal Technique
06-28-2009, 03:21 AM
Global warming is real it has been happening throughout earths life.
Its a natural process though, mind you i do want clean air and less waste but not at the expense of the poor like this ridiculous climate change bill.
This is what i have named Eco Fascism we are experiencing, and i feel it will only get worst.

TGGRV
06-28-2009, 07:58 AM
thx for letting us know! :rolleyes:

There is nothing fraudulent about climate change.

The fraud is in the statement that we "know" for certain what is causing it.
The world is cooling down actually. And it's proven that it's linked to solar activity, not SUVs. It's just that the government can't tax the sun.

ClayTrainor
06-28-2009, 08:02 AM
The world is cooling down actually. And it's proven that it's linked to solar activity, not SUVs. It's just that the government can't tax the sun.

Mostly true, but i don't think it's been proven 100% that the sun, alone is responsible for our weather cycles either. There are many variants, and ultimately, we've just been in a constant warming period since the last ice age.

ItsTime
06-28-2009, 08:10 AM
Mostly true, but i don't think it's been proven 100% that the sun, alone is responsible for our weather cycles either. There are many variants, and ultimately, we've just been in a constant warming period since the last ice age.

And IF the earth is warming that does not mean its BAD. Warmer weather is much better for humans than cooler weather.

ClayTrainor
06-28-2009, 08:17 AM
And IF the earth is warming that does not mean its BAD. Warmer weather is much better for humans than cooler weather.

Even just a few hundred years ago, the Vikings used to live in parts of Greenland without snow, and vineyards flourished in the North of London! There is nothing apocalyptic about warmer temperatures, and our earth has had much warmer periods in it's history than we are currently experiencing.

jsu718
06-28-2009, 10:21 AM

HAHA, move to Texas and say that. We are in the 100+ day every day time of year.
That said, in general I agree with you. Mild winters are better for almost everyone... and putting up with the month or two in the summer that are barely tolerable are worth it, especially from the standpoint of crop growers that don't lose everything they have in the winter.

Sandman33
06-28-2009, 12:20 PM
It's just that the government can't tax the sun.

Bullshit. I'd bet they can and will. They already tax the air you breathe and the water you drink.