PDA

View Full Version : Do people who voted for the adulterer McCain have credibility attacking Gov. Sanford?

qh4dotcom
06-27-2009, 02:36 PM
I find it laughable that Republicans who voted for the certified adulterer McCain are attacking Governor Sanford or asking him to resign. If someone thinks an adulterer should become president, then there should be no problems with letting an adulterer governor finish his term.

In case you didn't know about the affair McCain had

http://www.snopes.com/politics/mccain/carol.asp

At least Governor Sanford didn't dump his wife and marry his mistress like McCain did.

Sean
06-27-2009, 02:41 PM
Same people will probably support Rudy and Newt also.

Brassmouth
06-27-2009, 03:26 PM
I find it interesting that many of you people are more appalled by the fact that McCain and Sanford entered into "illegitimate" (by your standards) relationships, than by the fact that they are aggressive tax-parasites that steal money and freedom from you and your families.

Good to see you people have your priorities straight.

LibertyEagle
06-27-2009, 03:33 PM
I find it interesting that many of you people are more appalled by the fact that McCain and Sanford entered into "illegitimate" (by your standards) relationships, than by the fact that they are aggressive tax-parasites that steal money and freedom from you and your families.

Good to see you people have your priorities straight.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you define anyone in government as an "aggressive tax-parasite"?

Brassmouth
06-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you define anyone in government as an "aggressive tax-parasite"?

Yes, of course. I am more sympathetic to those unfortunate enough to have had their entire profession socialized (most teachers, garbage workers, etc) but not to those whose job wouldn't exist on a free market.

None of that has any bearing on my original point, though.

silverhandorder
06-27-2009, 04:45 PM
I made a mistake on the poll. Does anyone really cares what McCain supporters think? However Sanford fucked up there is no way out now.

nayjevin
06-27-2009, 04:52 PM
It's a matter of perception. Far too many people get only as upset about things as the news does.

Kludge
06-27-2009, 05:11 PM
Only if they're at least 6 feet tall.

qh4dotcom
06-27-2009, 05:27 PM
I made a mistake on the poll. Does anyone really cares what McCain supporters think? However Sanford fucked up there is no way out now.

50+ million folks voted for him so they can decide an election.

Reason
06-27-2009, 06:55 PM
I think that it's hilarious that people care what other people do with their sexual genitalia.

0zzy
06-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Yes, of course. I am more sympathetic to those unfortunate enough to have had their entire profession socialized (most teachers, garbage workers, etc) but not to those whose job wouldn't exist on a free market.

None of that has any bearing on my original point, though.

You have a lot of anger within you. How about military men and women?

Also, Mark Sanford took away money and freedom? How so?

cindy25
06-27-2009, 09:33 PM
I think the problem with Sanford, And Ensign, is that they preached their family values. Clinton never did, and got away with it.

Vessol
06-27-2009, 09:43 PM
Because John McCain's past adultery was just that, in the past.

It's easy for them to wave their hand and go "Hell, it's common. Everyone does it. At least he was honest about it."

When it's recent and in your face, that's when people start howling and throwing poop.

angelatc
06-27-2009, 10:14 PM
I
At least Governor Sanford didn't dump his wife and marry his mistress like McCain did.

It's not settled yet. I wouldn't be surprised if he married her.

HOLLYWOOD
06-27-2009, 11:30 PM
That pandering puppet John McMelanoma needs to scurry off to the retirement home with his kippah, showing senility, his sellout of losing.

Why are we even giving that POS the net traffic? McTeenSouthCarolina destroyed political donations with his McCain-Feingold Act,and filtering covert campaign donations and limiting the truth by elections.

McCain is another Communist Party/Wealth SELLOUT!

F#$K the Pig!

Brassmouth
06-28-2009, 12:18 AM
You have a lot of anger within you.

Thanks for the insight, Yoda. I will admit that my tendency to only respond to things I disagree with probably leads others to assume I'm "angry," but that isn't really the case.

How about military men and women?

I do not regard military operatives or government police as legitimate, because although their du jure purpose is to "Serve and protect" (I had to hold back some laughter while typing that last bit), it is clear that their sole, de facto function is to protect the State, oppress and exploit the masses, and expropriate funds (ie steal) from the populace.

A free market would supply actual protection, which would suit the needs of each individual as he sees fit.

What we have today is nothing of the sort. Therefore, cops and soldiers are as illegitimate as bureaucrats and politicians.

Also, Mark Sanford took away money and freedom? How so?

That's a weird question. Ostensibly, the same way John McCain does: by being a politician. Don't his paychecks consist of tax monies that have been forcibly expropriated at gunpoint from the population? Of course they do.

Does he not actively engage in lawmaking, and thus increase the total coercion being inflicted on his subjects? Of course he does.

I find those crimes to be infinitely more despicable than him voluntarily choosing to fraternize with a woman in Argentina.