PDA

View Full Version : Post-vote call to my "representative"

bc2208
06-26-2009, 08:28 PM
30 minutes after the vote

me: How did the congressman vote?
Intern: on what?
Me: whAt do you think???
Intern: there were several votes today...
Me: cap & trade.
Intern: he voted in favor.
Me: i'm not even gonna argue. Just tell him he's done, okay?? Tell him he's DONE.

I don't advocate hostility, but this is how I reacted.

FrankRep
06-26-2009, 08:29 PM
Tell him: "He's fired!!"

KCIndy
06-27-2009, 01:04 AM
LOL!!

I understand the sentiment, but that "he's done!" comment may buy you a visit from the FBI or other law enforcement agency....

Might be better to rephrase the comment... like, "I'm going to work relentlessly to help your opponent in the next election! :p

Paulitical Correctness
06-27-2009, 01:39 AM
LOL, awaiting follow up thread.

Mini-Me
06-27-2009, 01:51 AM
LOL, awaiting follow up thread.

Yeah, me too...I think I'll consider bc2208 extremely lucky if he doesn't get harrassed over this. :eek:
I definitely understand the frustration though. It may be therapeutic for me to call up Driehaus's office, ask how he voted (as if I didn't know he voted in favor), and let out a deafening Nazgūl shriek after they answer.

bc2208
06-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Haha I thought of that as well. I made my friend who was standing next to me swear that he'd testify that I was referring to the congressman's chances of getting reelected.

Vessol
06-28-2009, 03:15 PM
Why are people surprised that some Republicans voted in favor?

They aren't the perfect party of small government and fiscal responsibility...most know jack shit about economics and just rally around their social conservatism to appease the evangelicals.

tangent4ronpaul
06-28-2009, 06:43 PM
Why are people surprised that some Republicans voted in favor?

They aren't the perfect party of small government and fiscal responsibility...most know jack shit about economics and just rally around their social conservatism to appease the evangelicals.

Also look at what states they represent - all the usual suspects...

-t