PDA

View Full Version : Make the U.S. Senate's Lives HELL on the Cap'n TRADE Bill

Cowlesy
06-26-2009, 05:15 PM
So we lost in the house. Freedom, was just shot in the chest like the Patriot Act.

This bill will govern every aspect of your life to make you green, and to change your behavior to be more green.

This bill is an abomination. It MUST be defeated in the Senate.

RonPaulForums.com, Campaign for Liberty, Americans for Tax Reform need to take leadership on this.

From Day 1 when this goes to the Senate, we need to make the Senators, and their Staff's, know that if they vote YAY for this vote, they will need to find a new career because they WILL be voted out of office.

Let's go to the MATS on this.

Paulitical Correctness
06-26-2009, 05:16 PM
:mad:!

sluggo
06-26-2009, 05:18 PM
One Sen. in my state will oppose.

The other one is an asshole.

RohanT
06-26-2009, 05:18 PM
The greatest test of faith is in the face of adversity.

Do not get down on yourselves. This vote was a lot closer than it should have been because of your efforts.

Cowlesy
06-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Fightfight fight.

no fucking surrender.

Cowlesy
06-26-2009, 05:26 PM
Now they are passing some Holocaust era assets thing in the House????

WTF!!!!

Cowlesy
06-26-2009, 05:30 PM
Sheila Jackson Lee on the floor of the House of Representatives now, addressing Congress to express her sadness at the passing of Michael Fucking Jackson.

brandon
06-26-2009, 05:32 PM
FUckin christ.

My senators are Specter and Casey. They will vote yes.

This is Specter's big chance to show he's really a democrat now. No way he will vote no on this.

Paulitical Correctness
06-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Now talking about black music month.

gb13
06-26-2009, 05:40 PM
I wrote my senators already. I will again. I'm sure it will do no good though.
Kerry and Kennedy are arguably the two worst senators in the entire country.
MA is not very fortunate in that regard.

torchbearer
06-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Griffin was right. Petitioning will do no good.
Our best hope is that every shitty bill passes and it crushes the average american to the point of breaking.
Breaking so bad they can't afford their cable channels anymore.

klamath
06-26-2009, 05:45 PM
I wrote my senators already. I will again. I'm sure it will do no good though.
Kerry and Kennedy are arguably the two worst senators in the entire country.
MA is not very fortunate in that regard.

I don't know, I maybe able to tie your senators with mine....Boxer and Finstein...

Cowlesy
After listening to Thaddeus McCotter tonight, I have no doubt he's a SUPER-INTERVENTIONIST.

FaIL.

Scott38
I switched over to the MSM channels to see if they were covering the vote....imagine that they were talking about Michael Jackson. WTF is going on??!!!?? I feel like I'm in some sort of twilight Zone. Heck even the Faux / Republican network wasn't even covering the biggest bill in 100 years.

I hope this is the straw that breaks the back of the American people. I hope some how the information gets out to the people so they know what was just done to them....I guess now it is time for the MSM to go into quiet mode about it so it can get passed in the Senate.

I am just sick to my stomach!!!!

sluggo
06-26-2009, 05:46 PM
I'm putting together a pre-written email/fax letter, along with phone numbers for both Senators in my state to pass out to friends and family.

Going to spend the weekend educating these folks on this evil legislation. They are almost guaranteed to be royally pissed about this. I think I can get between 30 - 40 people to call and email, etc.

I hope everyone else here will do the same.

We've got to melt their phones and make it clear that support of this bill is an assault against the American people.

Scofield
06-26-2009, 05:52 PM
Our best hope is that every shitty bill passes and it crushes the average american to the point of breaking.

Watch what you say.

I brought up this same point, and people acted as if I just joined sides with al Qaeda.

torchbearer
06-26-2009, 05:54 PM
Watch what you say.

I brought up this same point, and people acted as if I just joined sides with al Qaeda.

I don't use caution.
The line has been crossed for me.
If you go around afraid to speak your mind, you aren't free.

gb13
06-26-2009, 05:56 PM
I don't know, I maybe able to tie your senators with mine....Boxer and Finstein...

Haha true. Those two old bags are right up there.

BUT.. I lived in Santa Barbara a couple years back, so I've had the (dis)pleasure of being a subject to Kennedy, Kerry, Boxer, and Feinstein...

Did I say "subject"? Silly me, I meant "constituent". My apologies. :D

sluggo
06-26-2009, 06:00 PM
Well, my Democratic rep flipped on this bill because he was flooded with calls telling him that a YES vote was unacceptable.

Some Reps are complete bastards who don't care, others are spineless bastards who are afraid of losing the next election.

I know where you guys are coming from, but it's still worth putting up a fight.

Bman
06-26-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm in.

torchbearer
Well, my Democratic rep flipped on this bill because he was flooded with calls telling him that a YES vote was unacceptable.

Some Reps are complete bastards who don't care, others are spineless bastards who are afraid of losing the next election.

I know where you guys are coming from, but it's still worth putting up a fight.

we will put up a fight, but it won't be with a stupid fax machine.

rockandrollsouls
unfortunately, my two senators are almost a guaranteed yes (nj...ugh).

I'll call them relentlessly, though. I guess my calls to Adler didn't make a difference, but I'll keep it up....and you guys should too!

sluggo
06-26-2009, 06:03 PM
we will put up a fight, but it won't be with a stupid fax machine.

Oh, ok.

Silly me.

torchbearer
06-26-2009, 06:09 PM
Oh, ok.

Silly me.

YouTube - Scalise questions former VP Al Gore about a "cap and trade" energy tax (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpEcPFSEIwQ)

tpreitzel
06-26-2009, 06:15 PM
Ramming another piece of unwanted and unconstitutional legislation down our throats without even providing or reading the entire bill... "patriot act 2"... We, the people, already have more than enough evidence to provide to our state legislators to form the basis of secession. With the current state of affairs, i.e. no state representation in DC and legislation being passed with dubious tactics, it's either secede, civil war, or some form of coercion. We've been playing a game of retreat while failing to blow openings in the enemy lines, i.e. escape routes to independence via secession. While contacting federal senators, we need to clearly make the case to our state legislators as well that congress isn't responding to the people and the time has come to secede.

awake
06-26-2009, 06:20 PM
This is unprecedented government control of the free market. Best of all, the negative effects will be blamed on the free market... a wonderful vicious cycle that will erode the remainder of the free market.

RSLudlum
06-26-2009, 06:31 PM
I don't think I have to worry about DeMint...Now, Graham is an entirely different matter.

Natalie
06-26-2009, 06:34 PM
When I called my congresswoman, Sheila Jackson Lee, the person who answered the phone didn't take my name or anything. They basically just hung up on me, it was lame :( I will call my senators, and write them emails.

tpreitzel
06-26-2009, 06:36 PM
When I called my congresswoman, Sheila Jackson Lee, the person who answered the phone didn't take my name or anything. They basically just hung up on me, it was lame :( I will call my senators, and write them emails.

so much for "representation" of the people... ;)

JK/SEA
06-26-2009, 06:39 PM
Gee, i wonder if REPUBLICAN Reichert from my state will be at the tea party coming up?

he was one of the 'fail' eight...

ItsTime
06-26-2009, 06:40 PM
They wont listen, they dont care about you, me, my children, your children, my grandchildren, your grandchildren. They are short sighted parasites feasting on our kitchen tables.

With that said, I've been calling like hell and will continue to do so.

torchbearer
06-26-2009, 06:41 PM
Gee, i wonder if REPUBLICAN Reichert from my state will be at the tea party coming up?

he was one of the 'fail' eight...

Bring a huge sign that reads:

Reichert voted for Cap and Tax.

tonyr1988
06-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Don't forget to take a moment and thank/yell at your Representative based on how they voted:

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2009/roll477.xml

Cowlesy
06-26-2009, 09:01 PM
YouTube - Scalise questions former VP Al Gore about a "cap and trade" energy tax (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpEcPFSEIwQ)

Al Gore is full of more shit than a septic tank at WalMart.

armstrong
06-26-2009, 09:01 PM
question ? does not this bill take affect after the 2012 election? just thought I heard something about that..... hmmmmm

armstrong
06-26-2009, 09:02 PM
not that it matters ,this is a terrible bill

Scofield
06-26-2009, 09:22 PM
Can I get a brief overview of what this legislation does?

RSLudlum
06-26-2009, 09:30 PM

No, you need to show up at one of the district offices and tell some of your friends to do the same either seperately or at the same time. Which ever you think would have more of an effect.

sevin
06-26-2009, 10:14 PM

Watch what you say.

People like you say, "Give up and let the collapse happen," and the powers that be say, "Thank you for your support." I know you think that if there is an economic collapse a more libertarian form of government will rise from the ashes, but why do you think that would happen? It won't. In America, people will keep turning to the government for solutions. If not this party, then that party, that one failed, let's try this one again, etc., etc., and all that will rise is a dictatorship.

There are hundreds of countries throughout history that collapsed economically because of loose fiscal policy, but many of them remained a dictatorship or in severe economic pain because they kept to turning to the government for help.

You think giving up is the solution, but giving up only helps the bad guys.

Scofield
06-26-2009, 10:20 PM
People like you say, "Give up and let the collapse happen," and the powers that be say, "Thank you for your support." I know you think that if there is an economic collapse a more libertarian form of government will rise from the ashes, but why do you think that would happen? It won't. In America, people will keep turning to the government for solutions. If not this party, then that party, that one failed, let's try this one again, etc., etc., and all that will rise is a dictatorship.

There are hundreds of countries throughout history that collapsed economically because of loose fiscal policy, but many of them remained a dictatorship or in severe economic pain because they kept to turning to the government for help.

The bad guys are going to get what they want, regardless.

I also never said we should give up. I said we should stop calling in and asking "pretty please, don't vote for this;" instead we should do the following:

A) Vote the guys out who vote for such fascist legislation
B) Protest, demonstrate, strike, etc..
C) Call your friends, family, neighbors. Educate them, rather than begging and pleading with your masters in DC.

Calling and asking for our Representatives to not vote for something is like begging your master for a piece of bread. If he wants you to have the bread, he'll give it to you...your begging isn't going to do shit but give him fodder to laugh at in his quarters.

You take the game to them, you don't ask them to "please stop."

Lovecraftian4Paul
06-26-2009, 10:23 PM
The bad guys are going to get what they want, regardless.

I also never said we should give up. I said we should stop calling in and asking "pretty please, don't vote for this;" instead we should do the following:

A) Vote the guys out who vote for such fascist legislation
B) Protest, demonstrate, strike, etc..
C) Call your friends, family, neighbors. Educate them, rather than begging and pleading with your masters in DC.

Calling and asking for our Representatives to not vote for something is like begging your master for a piece of bread. If he wants you to have the bread, he'll give it to you...your begging isn't going to do shit but give him fodder to laugh at in his quarters.

Amen. We have got to come up with something better than call/write your Congressman. They don't give a damn about us. They don't give a damn how many calls they get either, they'll just shut off their phones if it's annoying their interns too much. They will vote for what they want, unless they are in mortal fear for their political careers.

tpreitzel
06-26-2009, 10:28 PM

purdy, please ... ;) Maybe, it's time for a significant number of patriots to leave the US, coordinate activities outside the country, and apply pressure via internal contacts ... maybe ... *

* Just the thought of patriots outside the country is reason enough to close the borders ... ;)

Imperial
06-26-2009, 11:04 PM
Could start picketing the offices of reps who vote against legislation we want.

Pepsi
06-27-2009, 01:17 AM
They wont listen, they dont care about you, me, my children, your children, my grandchildren, your grandchildren. They are short sighted parasites feasting on our kitchen tables.

With that said, I've been calling like hell and will continue to do so.

When they talk about "Are children" they mean thiers, not yours.

nayjevin
06-27-2009, 08:22 PM

Not entirely true. Definitely true for someone completely bought and paid for, like Feinstein, Rockefeller, Pelosi, Liebermann, but not true for first-term or non-seasoned reps. Many are in constant fear of their careers.

Apply pressure in a different way, perhaps -- use leverage such as campaign contribution. 'Hi I'm a 20 year donor to the RNC, I've been loyal to my Republican representatives and have donated much over the years. However, today I pledge that I WILL NOT donate or vote for anyone who votes yes on this bill. Neither will my family, for whom I bundle donations each election. Neither will my local RNC, if I have anything to say about it -- and from what I am hearing, I won't have to do much convincing.'

Cowlesy
06-27-2009, 10:40 PM
Well, Minority Leader Boehner didn't call this bill a "Crap Sandwich" like he did the stimulus bill, but he did call it a "pile of shit" today.

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/boehner-climate-bill-a-pile-of-s--t-2009-06-27.html

slacker921
06-27-2009, 11:30 PM
Amen. We have got to come up with something better than call/write your Congressman. They don't give a damn about us. They don't give a damn how many calls they get either, they'll just shut off their phones if it's annoying their interns too much. They will vote for what they want, unless they are in mortal fear for their political careers.

how about.. find about 10 people in your town/city who are against it. Meet with them and get their cell phone number, e-mail address, etc. Tell each of them:
- make a professional looking sign that can be hidden quickly and have it ready.
- go find at least 5 other people and do the same as I have done and tell them to do the same with 5 other people.
- give them some form of contact for you (a web URL, an e-mail address, phone number, etc) and have everyone who is onboard contact you. A web page where they can put in some really basic info and have it e-mail to you would be ideal.
- let them know that when the time is right.... you'll let them know where to be with their sign.

If all goes well you'll have a "flash mob (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_mob)" (actually a "smart mob") ready.

When your senator is in town.. speaking at some school or something.. send the word out to everyone in the mob to assemble peacefully with their hidden sign. Have them confirm their participation and update them with the number of participants to build the excitement.

The event should happen suddenly.. signs come out from nowhere.. it's suddenly a large protest... then just as suddenly there's no sign of it. But it lasts long enough to get good photos - which are then sent all around.

This is nothing new.. and it's very effective until the mob is infiltrated so it's critical that only you have all of the contact info - each of the individuals only have contact info for 4 others.. they can't gather the mob.

tpreitzel
06-27-2009, 11:47 PM
how about.. find about 10 people in your town/city who are against it. Meet with them and get their cell phone number, e-mail address, etc. Tell each of them:
- make a professional looking sign that can be hidden quickly and have it ready.
- go find at least 5 other people and do the same as I have done and tell them to do the same with 5 other people.
- give them some form of contact for you (a web URL, an e-mail address, phone number, etc) and have everyone who is onboard contact you. A web page where they can put in some really basic info and have it e-mail to you would be ideal.
- let them know that when the time is right.... you'll let them know where to be with their sign.

If all goes well you'll have a "flash mob (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_mob)" (actually a "smart mob") ready.

When your senator is in town.. speaking at some school or something.. send the word out to everyone in the mob to assemble peacefully with their hidden sign. Have them confirm their participation and update them with the number of participants to build the excitement.

The event should happen suddenly.. signs come out from nowhere.. it's suddenly a large protest... then just as suddenly there's no sign of it. But it lasts long enough to get good photos - which are then sent all around.

This is nothing new.. and it's very effective until the mob is infiltrated so it's critical that only you have all of the contact info - each of the individuals only have contact info for 4 others.. they can't gather the mob.

shrewd ... probably as effective in practice as possible.

Knightskye
06-28-2009, 03:08 AM
YouTube - Network- I'm Mad as Hell (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dib2-HBsF08)

Right on, Cowlesy. :)

Cowlesy
06-28-2009, 05:20 AM
YouTube - Network- I'm Mad as Hell (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dib2-HBsF08)

Right on, Cowlesy. :)

YouTube - We Must Take America Back - Steve Vaus - The OFFICIAL music video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0eoE9mi9iw)

Pepsi
06-28-2009, 06:13 AM
Also use these news reports.

Global warming alarmists out in cold

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25401759-25717,00.html

CARBONGATE – Global Warming Study Censored by EPA

The Competitive Enterprise Institute is making public an internal study on climate science which was suppressed by the Environmental Protection Agency. Internal EPA email messages, released by CEI earlier in the week, indicate that the report was kept under wraps and its author silenced because of pressure to support the Administration’s agenda of regulating carbon dioxide.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/06/25/online-global-warming-study-censored-by-ep a/

Polar bear expert barred by global warmists. Mitchell Taylor, who has studied the animals for 30 years, was told his views 'are extremely unhelpful’

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/christopherbooker/5664069/Polar-bear-expert-barred-by-global-warmists.html

And this.

In 1969, Rockefeller Official Said US Would Be De-industrialized

http://www.savethemales.ca/confirmedrockefeller_plan_to_g.html

terryhamel
06-28-2009, 03:25 PM
There is a chance the Cap and Trade house votes can be changed! Eight (8) Republicans voted for this bill and two (2) abtained, but they can change their votes if they do it before July 2. Even though none of them are likely your Representative, contact them anyway! Only seven (7) need to switch!

There is a FREE Fax service that converts a specific email address to a fax, then sent as a fax to the specific Congressman.

http://www.congressfax.com/

You cannot "group" the email address and send out one message - the email addresses must be sent individually. All the Congressperson's district office email addresses are listed here (24 in all). You only need to send it to their DC (202 area code) office, but if you have the time, do them all!

1. Write something in Word, Notepad, etc
2. Copy and paste the email addresses into a new/forwarded email.
3. Send away!

We shut down phone systems, let's put their fax machines into overdrive!

Hall Of Shame:

Republicans who voted yes for Cap & Trade
1. Mary Bono Mack
ph: (202) 225-5330
ph: (760) 320-1076
ph: (951) 658-2312
fax: (202) 225-2961
fax: (760) 320-0596
fax: (951) 652-2562
remote-printer.Representative_Mary_Bono@12022252961.iddd. tpc.int
remote-printer.Representative_Mary_Bono@17603200596.iddd. tpc.int
remote-printer.Representative_Mary_Bono@19516522562.iddd. tpc.int

2. Mike Castle (DE)
ph: (202) 225-4165
ph: (302) 428-1902
ph: (302) 736-1666
ph: (302) 856-3334
fax: (202) 225-2291
fax: (302) 428-1950
fax: (302) 736-6580
remote-printer.Representative_Michael_Castle@12022252719. iddd.tpc.int
remote-printer.Representative_Michael_Castle@13024281950. iddd.tpc.int
remote-printer.Representative_Michael_Castle@13027366580. iddd.tpc.int

3. Mark Kirk (IL)
ph: (202) 225-4835
ph: (847) 940-0202
fax: (202) 225-0837
fax: (847) 940-7143
remote-printer.Representative_Mark_Kirk@12022250837.iddd. tpc.int
remote-printer.Representative_Mark_Kirk@18475592940.iddd. tpc.int

4. Leonard Lance (NJ)
ph: (202) 225-5361
ph: (908) 518-7733
ph: (908) 788-6900
fax: (202) 225-9460
fax: (908) 518-7751
fax: (908) 788-2869
remote-printer.Representative_Leonard_Lance@12022259460.i ddd.tpc.int
remote-printer.Representative_Leonard_Lance@19085187751.i ddd.tpc.int
remote-printer.Representative_Leonard_Lance@19087882869.i ddd.tpc.int

5. Frank LoBiondo (NJ 2nd)
ph: (202) 225-6572
ph: (800) 471-4450
ph: (609) 625-5008
fax: (202) 225-3318
fax: (609) 625-5071
remote-printer.Representative_Frank_LoBiondo@12022253318. iddd.tpc.int
remote-printer.Representative_Frank_LoBiondo@16096255071. iddd.tpc.int

6. John McHugh (NY)
ph: (202) 225-4611
ph: (315) 782-3150
fax: (202) 226-0621
fax: (315) 782-1291
remote-printer.Representative_John_McHugh@12022260621.idd d.tpc.int
remote-printer.Representative_John_McHugh@13157821291.idd d.tpc.int

7. Dave Reichert (WA)
ph: (202) 225-7761
ph: (206) 275-3438
ph: (877) 920-9208
fax: (202) 225-4282
fax: (206) 275-3437
remote-printer.Representative_Dave_Reichert@12022254282.i ddd.tpc.int
remote-printer.Representative_Dave_Reichert@12062753437.i ddd.tpc.int

8. Chris Smith (NJ)
ph: (202) 225-3765
ph: (609) 585-7878
ph: (732) 350-2300
fax: (202) 225-7768
fax: (609) 585-9155
fax: (732) 350-6260
remote-printer.Representative_Christopher_Smith@120222577 68.iddd.tpc.int
remote-printer.Representative_Christopher_Smith@160958591 55.iddd.tpc.int
remote-printer.Representative_Christopher_Smith@173235062 60.iddd.tpc.int

Republicans who didn’t vote
Jeff Flake (AZ)
ph: (202) 225-2635
ph: (480) 833-0092
fax: (202) 226-4386
fax: (480) 833-6314
remote-printer.Representative_Jeff_Flake@12022264386.iddd .tpc.int
remote-printer.Representative_Jeff_Flake@14808336314.iddd .tpc.int

John Sullivan(OK)
ph: (202) 225-2211
ph: (918) 749-0014
fax: (202) 225-9187
fax: (918) 749-0781
remote-printer.Representative_John_Sullivan@12022259187.i ddd.tpc.int
remote-printer.Representative_John_Sullivan@19187490781.i ddd.tpc.int

heavenlyboy34
06-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Flake didn't vote? WTF? His office assured me that he opposes C/T.

american.swan
06-28-2009, 05:16 PM
C&T will most likely pass the senate UNLESS there is some coordinated effort to throw molitave cocktails on the homes of house members who voted for it.

I don't endorse violence. Just giving the facts as I see it.

dgr
06-28-2009, 06:43 PM
I started e-mailing people at 8pm fri. Then I e-mailed articles to the local paper, especially the Hertiage Foundation report from Townhall, that tell the impact on each congressional district, job loss, cost, etc. I'm getting as much stuff as I can to take to a (9-12 coalition meeting Monday. The Senate will not be back untill July 6th( That's right they all left town to celebrate the FOURTH OF JULY , the Senate left on Thursday and we paid for each of them and their staff and whoever else they wanted to take on the plane!!!)

The Charlotte NC goverment is trying to stall the Tea Party permitts so the planned rally CAN NOT TAKE PLACE check on parties in your area, to see if simular efforts are under way!!

Watch the C-span rebroadcast or the video especially Bohoner's page by page listing of what is in the bill, everything from retraining home and rental appraisers to the kinds of landscaping.
New agencies to administer all the new regulations, un real power to the EPA.

Glenn Beck reported all the democrats who stand to make a fortune off their investement in green firms!!!

first this , then amnesty, then health care. It's the last fourth of July we will have in the former UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!

sluggo
06-29-2009, 09:42 AM
Called both Senators this morning.

Richard Burr (R-NC) has already pledged to vote NO.

Kay Hagan (D-NC) says she needs time to read the bill. :p

So if you're in NC, or know people who are, it's time to start putting pressure on Hagan until she commits to opposing this legislation.

Pepsi
06-29-2009, 09:47 AM
so does the congressfax thing works?

torchbearer
06-29-2009, 02:00 PM

I can call with one hand and hold my rifle with the other.
I haven't given up shit, but I've obviously being doing this shit hard-core for a lot longer than most of the noobs in this movement.
I've logged in 12 years as one of the top activist for the LALP.

I've been awake to what has been going on for some time, and though Ron Paul has woken many minds in the last couple of years, it wouldn't matter if 80% of the population was with us.... the people in power are out of control.
They don't care about you or your family, and they are going to continue to fuck you until their is a rifle barrel rammed down their throat.

For the few decent people in washington, a sincere phone call may sway them, for the rest.... they don't care.

heavenlyboy34
06-29-2009, 02:40 PM
though Ron Paul has woken many minds in the last couple of years, it wouldn't matter if 80% of the population was with us.... the people in power are out of control.
They don't care about you or your family, and they are going to continue to fuck you until their is a rifle barrel rammed down their throat.

For the few decent people in washington, a sincere phone call may sway them, for the rest.... they don't care.

QFT!!! :cool:

Pepsi
06-30-2009, 07:54 AM
i guest this could be use as a message.

I urge you to oppose the Waxman-Markey cap-and-trade bill that was pass by Congress and instead focus on ways of protecting American families that are being crushed under the current tax and spend policies of President Obama's administration.

The passage of the “Climate Bill” by the House and its likely approval by the Senate represents the entrée for the complete and total subjugation of any freedoms we had left and the beginning of nightmare regulation and suffocating control over every aspect of our personal lives by millions of green stasi tasked with enforcing impossible to attain goals of 80% carbon dioxide reduction - all based on the manufactured threat of global warming.

Climate cops in Scotland have been handed new powers to fine “wasteful” homeowners and businesses who use too much energy or too many plastic bags under new legislation that represents the first wave of invasive tyranny under the pretext of fighting the manufactured threat of global warming.

Energy police will have free reign to impose penalties on householders and companies who do not comply with “energy efficiency” demands following home inspections. This is the template for similar measures set to be imposed in the U.S. should Democrats manage to force through this and other climate legislation.

This bill will also sink the economy and create a new great depression, effectively obliterating America’s first world status. It represents a transfer of power and wealth from both the U.S. government and the American taxpayer over to the system of global regulation now being erected by means of the climate change hysteria.

This is far worse than just a “new tax” as Republicans are complaining - this is the total takeover of the American economy by private banking interests through the carbon trading system that Al Gore stands to gain from.

Oppose the American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009!

Pepsi
06-30-2009, 11:17 AM
May be from Fox News, but it is still good to throw it in thier faces.

In 2000 and 2001, while Barack Obama served as a board member for a Chicago-based charitable foundation, he helped to fund a pioneering carbon trading exchange that is likely to fill a critical role in the controversial cap-and-trade carbon reduction scheme that President Obama is now trying to push rapidly through Congress.

During those two years, the Joyce Foundation gave nearly $1.1 million in two separate grants that were instrumental in developing and launching the privately-owned Chicago Climate Exchange, which now calls itself "North America's only cap and trade system for all six greenhouse gases, with global affiliates and projects worldwide."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/03/25/obama-helped-fund-carbon-scheme/

“Obama Years Ago Helped Fund Carbon Program He Is Now Pushing Through Congress” is a FOXNews story by Ed Barnes. In short, “While on the board of a Chicago-based charity, Barack Obama helped fund a carbon trading exchange that will likely play a critical role in the cap-and-trade carbon reduction program he is now trying to push through Congress as president.”

http://warofillusions.wordpress.com/2009/03/30/obama-maurice-strong-al-gore-key-players-cashing-in-on-chicago-climate-exchange/

Pepsi
07-01-2009, 09:07 AM
H.R. 2454: American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009 will result in a totalitarian centralization of the American economy in the administrative agencies of the federal government, especially the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). This 1,300 page horror is a prime example of congressional modus operandi — no one in Congress actually had the opportunity to read the bill which was, incidentally, being amended as it was debated on the floor. As H.R. 2454 shows, this axiom still holds true: the more benign the title of a congressional bill, the more draconian its contents. After all, who could be against clean energy or security? The real goal of H.R. 2454 has nothing to do with either of these; it is a power grab, pure and simple.

While we have all heard much about the tax implications of H.R. 2454 and that every American family could see a $3,000 a year increase in their energy costs, H.R. 2454 does much more than that. H.R. 2454 is a fascistic fait accompli, giving the government expansive powers to regulate, subsidize, and tax more sectors of the economy. The bill authorizes more federal government control over the electrical grid, state and local building codes, lighting and appliances, industry, the financial markets, and, perhaps most ominously of all, the health care system. In addition, it includes wealth redistribution measures and would allow increases in foreign aid.

Part of the rhetoric surrounding H.R. 2454 is that it will help break America’s dependency on foreign oil by encouraging development of renewable energy sources. Most likely, the opposite will happen as oil companies “cope with U.S. carbon legislation by closing fuel plants, cutting capital spending and increasing imports.”

Ironically, cap and trade — the cornerstone of H.R. 2454 — does not protect the environment! Even Greenpeace opposed H.R. 2454, recognizing that it “chooses politics over science.” While I would argue that the science to which Greenpeace refers is dubious at best, there is no question that H.R. 2454 has put politics above all else.

In a cap and trade system, the government deems a certain level of pollution acceptable as long as the polluter pays a tax. That’s like saying that it’s acceptable for someone to throw trash on your lawn so long as he has bought a government permit. Even worse, he can throw even more trash on your lawn if he buys additional permits from someone who refrains from throwing trash on your lawn. In effect, cap and trade legalizes pollution.

Advocates of cap and trade have used tortured logic to portray it as a market based system. James Boyce, an economist at the University of Massachusetts, claims that “this is the biggest creation and allocation of property rights since the Homestead Act.” This statement is false on its face and falls into the realm of fantasy.

Unlike the Homestead Act which dealt with property that actually existed in the real world, the property rights to which Boyce refers have been created exclusively through government edit. There is no such thing as a “carbon credit” except on a bureaucrat’s spreadsheet. Boyce’s statement turns the concept of property rights — the basis of a free society — on its head. The “right” to pollute is not a form of property, it is a government granted privilege.

No one has a “right” to have clean air and water provided for them at someone else’s expense. But no one should have the “right” to pollute air or water that he does not own. Far from creating a new form of property rights, cap and trade undermines the property rights that we own in our own bodies by granting polluters the legal privilege of polluting resources that they do not own and that we put into our bodies, i.e. air and water.

Litigation (in the cases where harm has come to individuals) and a strict respect for property rights offer much more effective ways of dealing with pollution than regulation does.

True environmentalists — those of us who are concerned about things such as clean air and water — should oppose schemes like H.R. 2454. H.R. 2454 is not designed to clean up the environment. It is designed to generate more revenue for the government and to give the government more power over the economy, our lives, and our freedom. And it does so at the expense of the environment.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/article.php?view=126

Pepsi
07-03-2009, 05:12 AM
bump

Pepsi
07-09-2009, 01:34 AM
ANTARCTIC ice shelves are showing no sign of climate change, six years of unique research have shown.

Scientists from Western Australia’s Curtin University of Technology are using acoustic sensors developed to support the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty to listen for the sound of icebergs breaking away from the giant ice sheets of the south pole.

“More than six years of observation has not revealed any significant climatic trends,” CUT associate professor Alexander Gavrilov said yesterday.

Professor Gavrilov and PhD student Binghui Li are investigating whether it is possible to detect and monitor significant changes in the disintegration rate of the Antarctic ice shelf by monitoring the noise of ice breaking.

The pair are using two acoustic stations, one 150km off Cape Leeuwin, the southwest tip of WA, and another off the gigantic US military base on Diego Garcia in the Chagos Archipelago, in the Indian Ocean.

“They are part of a network of underwater acoustic receivers, or hydrophones,” Dr Gavrilov told The Australian yesterday.

The stations have been used to locate nuclear explosions detonated by India.

http://www.skepticsglobalwarming.com/global-warming-myth/disputing-global-warming/antarctic-ice-shelves-show-sign-climate-change/

Henry
07-09-2009, 06:34 AM
The History Channel, PBS, and Discovery(among others) are ramming it down the throats of the public with their programming of "Climate Change".:mad::mad:

Pepsi
07-09-2009, 04:25 PM
HR 2454, the "Cap-and-Trade" bill scheduled to come before you for a vote very soon, is nothing more than a thinly disguised energy tax that will hit every single American.

Energy companies will pass the costs of their new regulations through to consumers in the form of huge price increases, meaning higher electric bills, gas prices, and increased costs across the board.

Barack Obama has estimated the costs of this legislation to American taxpayers to be over 650 BILLION dollars over the next eight years, and that figure is no doubt just a fraction of the real cost.

But even that "modest" estimate amounts to hundreds of dollars a year in increased living expenses for every family -- and will more likely cost thousands a year.

Higher costs of doing business also means companies will be forced to lay off more workers. This current economic crisis is no time for the Senate to consider both raising prices on hard-working Americans AND costing them their jobs.

As your constituent, I strongly urge you to stand up for the American people by opposing HR 2454.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/campaigns/hr2454action.php

I am appalled that the so-called American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009 (a.k.a the “Cap-and-Trade Tax Bill”) recently was rammed through the House of Representatives. This legislation will drive millions of American jobs overseas, and hurt hard-working Americans at a time when we can least afford it.

The Wall Street Journal calls this ridiculous legislation “the biggest tax in American history.” According to the Heritage Foundation, the massive “national energy tax” will cost the average family "nearly $3,000 per household per year." Even President Barrack Obama admitted that under “Cap-and-Trade” legislation, "electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket."

Little did hard-working Americans know that Barack Obama was deadly serious when he said; "We can’t drive our SUVs, and eat whatever we want, and keep our homes at 72 all the time, whether we live in the desert or the tundra, and keep consuming 25% of the world’s resources with just 4% of the world’s population... That’s not going to happen." Apparently, President Obama and liberals in Congress are about to make that sickening pronouncement a reality.

Let's be perfectly clear. So-called Cap-and-Trade legislation has little to do with helping the environment. Instead Cap-and-Trade is a means to deprive hard-working American of income, control people's behavior, repress our liberties and grant pay-offs and favors to special interests. And despite President Obama’s promise that he will not raise taxes on 95% of the American people, Cap-and-Trade legislation will cost every household in the United States an extra $3,000 or more annually.

Americans see the Cap-and-Trade scam for what it is. Americans do not want higher utility bills, higher prices at the pump, higher prices in the grocery store, diminished freedoms and a lower standard of living to help petty politicians achieve greater political power. Defeat Cap-and-Trade, which will destroy our economy and send much-needed jobs overseas, while doing nothing to reduce global carbon emissions

http://www.cfiflistmanager.org/capandtradeiihe.html

I am appalled that the so-called American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009 (a.k.a the “Cap-and-Trade Tax Bill”) recently was rammed through the House of Representatives. This legislation will drive millions of American jobs overseas, and hurt hard-working Americans at a time when we can least afford it.

The Wall Street Journal calls this ridiculous legislation “the biggest tax in American history.” According to the Heritage Foundation, the massive “national energy tax” will cost the average family "nearly $3,000 per household per year." Even President Barrack Obama admitted that under “Cap-and-Trade” legislation, "electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket."

Little did hard-working Americans know that Barack Obama was deadly serious when he said; "We can’t drive our SUVs, and eat whatever we want, and keep our homes at 72 all the time, whether we live in the desert or the tundra, and keep consuming 25% of the world’s resources with just 4% of the world’s population... That’s not going to happen." Apparently, President Obama and liberals in Congress are about to make that sickening pronouncement a reality.

CO2 is necessary for plants to survive. Plants feed us, as well as animals that feed us. Take away CO2, you take away plants, animals and food as we know it.

Am I correct? If I can figure this out than why can't the President of the United States?

Or is that just the plan?

Cap and trade won't reduce greenhouse emissions, it will just tax them.

By regulating one the the most basic compounds in the life cycle of every living thing on the planet, the control will be ultimate, nothing, and I mean not one damn thing you do will be outside this new regulation and tax structure.

Every breath you take, every meal you eat, every kilowatt of electricity, every gallon of gas, every ounce of plastic, every child you have...nothing, without government permission, regulation, taxation or rationing.

Let's be perfectly clear. So-called Cap-and-Trade legislation has little to do with helping the environment. Instead Cap-and-Trade is a means to deprive hard-working American of income, control people's behavior, repress our liberties and grant pay-offs and favors to special interests. And despite President Obama’s promise that he will not raise taxes on 95% of the American people, Cap-and-Trade legislation will cost every household in the United States an extra $3,000 or more annually.

Here is something that President Obama as not talk about. Obama Intimately Tied To Carbon Trading Scam President helped fund profiteers of carbon tax program he is now seeking to implement.

Obama, Maurice Strong, Al Gore key players cashing in on Chicago Climate Exchange.

“Obama Years Ago Helped Fund Carbon Program He Is Now Pushing Through Congress” is a FOXNews story by Ed Barnes. In short, “While on the board of a Chicago-based charity, Barack Obama helped fund a carbon trading exchange that will likely play a critical role in the cap-and-trade carbon reduction program he is now trying to push through Congress as president.”

The charity was the Joyce Foundation on whose board of directors Obama served and which gave nearly $1.1 million in two separate grants that were “instrumental in developing and launching the privately-owned Chicago Climate Exchange, which now calls itself “North America’s only cap and trade system for all six greenhouse gases, with global affiliates and projects worldwide.”

The “privately-owned” Chicago Climate Exchange is heavily influenced by Obama cohorts Al Gore and Maurice Strong.For years now Strong and Gore have been cashing in on that lucrative cottage industry known as man-made global warming.

Strong is on the board of directors of the Chicago Climate Exchange, Wikipedia-described as “the world’s first and North America’s only legally binding greenhouse gas emission registry reduction system for emission sources and offset projects in North America and Brazil.”

Gore, self-proclaimed Patron Saint of the Environment, buys his carbon off-sets from himself–the Generation Investment Management LLP, “an independent, private, owner-managed partnership established in 2004 with offices in London and Washington, D.C., of which he is both chairman and founding partner. The Generation Investment Management business has considerable influence over the major carbon credit trading firms that currently exist, including the Chicago Climate Exchange.

Strong, the silent partner, is a man whose name often draws a blank on the Washington cocktail circuit. Even though a former Secretary General of the 1992 United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (the much hyped Rio Earth Summit) and Under-Secretary General of the United Nations in the days of an Oil-for-Food beleaguered Kofi Annan, the Canadian born Strong is little known in the United States. That’s because he spends most of his time in China where he he has been working to make the communist country the world’s next superpower. The nondescript Strong, nonetheless is the big cheese in the underworld of climate change and is one of the main architects of the failing Kyoto Protocol.

Full credit for the expose on the business partnership of Strong and Gore in the cap-and-trade reduction scheme should go to the investigative acumen of the Executive Intelligence Review (EIR).

The tawdry tale of the top two global warming gurus in the business world goes all the way back to Earth Day, April 17, 1995 when the future author of “An Inconvenient Truth” travelled to Fall River, Massachusetts, to deliver a green sermon at the headquarters of Molten Metal Technology Inc. (MMTI). MMTI was a firm that proclaimed to have invented a process for recycling metals from waste. Gore praised the Molten Metal firm as a pioneer in the kind of innovative technology that can save the environment, and make money for investors at the same time.

“Gore left a few facts out of his speech that day,” wrote EIR. “First, the firm was run by Strong and a group of Gore intimates, including Peter Knight, the firm’s registered lobbyist, and Gore’s former top Senate aide.”

“Second, the company had received more than $25 million in U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) research and development grants, but had failed to prove that the technology worked on a commercial scale. The company would go on to receive another $8 million in federal taxpayers’ cash, at that point, its only source of revenue.

“With Al Gore’s Earth Day as a Wall Street calling card, Molten Metal’s stock value soared to $35 a share, a range it maintained through October 1996. But along the way, DOE scientists had balked at further funding. When in March 1996, corporate officers concluded that the federal cash cow was about to run dry, they took action: Between that date and October 1996, seven corporate officers–including Maurice strong–sold off $15.3 million in personal shares in the company, at top market value. On Oct. 20, 1996–a Sunday–the company issued a press release, announcing for the first time, that DOE funding would be vastly scaled back, and reported the bad news on a conference call with stockbrokers.

“On Monday, the stock plunged by 49%, soon landing at $5 a share. By early 1997, furious stockholders had filed a class action suit against the company and its directors. Ironically, one of the class action lawyers had tangled with Maurice strong in another insider trading case, involving a Swiss company called AZL Resources, chaired by Strong, who was also a lead shareholder. The AZL case closely mirrored Molten Metal, and in the end, Strong and the other AZL partners agreed to pay $5 million to dodge a jury verdict, when eyewitness evidence surfaced of Strong’s role in scamming the value of the company stock up into the stratosphere, before selling it off.

In 1997, Strong went on to accept from Tongsun Park, who was found guilty of illegally acting as an Iraqi agent, $1 million from Saddam Hussein, which was invested in Cordex Petroleum Inc., a company he owned with his son, Fred.

These are the leaders in the Man-made Global Warming Movement, who three years later were to be funded by the man who was to become President of the United States of America.

If we follow the time line on where Obama was during the funding of the Chicago Climate Exchange, he was still a professor at the University of Chicago Law School teaching constitutional law, with his law license becoming inactive a year later in 2002.

It may be interesting to note that the Chicago Climate Exchange in spite of its hype, is a veritable rat’s nest of cronyism. The largest shareholder in the Exchange is Goldman Sachs. Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley is its honorary chairman, The Joyce Foundation, which funded the Exchange also funded money for John Ayers’ Chicago School Initiatives. John is the brother of William Ayers.

What a flap when it was discovered that the senator from Chicago had nursed on Saul Alinsky’s milk, had his political career launched at a coffee party held by domestic terrorist Bill Ayers, and sat for 20 years, uncomplaining in front of the “God-dam-America pulpit of resentment-challenged Jeremiah Wright.The same Chicago Climate Exchange promoting public rip-off was funded by Obama before he was POTUS.

Even as man-made global warming is being exposed as a money-generating hoax, Obama is working feverishly to push the controversial cap-and-trade carbon reduction scheme through Congress.

Obama was never the character he created for himself in the fairy-tale version in “Dreams of My Father”. He’s the agent of Change and Hope for cohorts making money down at the Chicago Climate Exchange.

The Barbarians are pushing at the gate of the Global Warming fraud, and to borrow a line from children playing Hide and Seek, Here they come, ready or not!

Americans see the Cap-and-Trade scam for what it is. Americans do not want higher utility bills, higher prices at the pump, higher prices in the grocery store, diminished freedoms and a lower standard of living to help petty politicians achieve greater political power. Defeat Cap-and-Trade, which will destroy our economy and send much-needed jobs overseas, while doing nothing to reduce global carbon emissions

Oppose the American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009!

Pepsi
07-11-2009, 08:09 AM
bump

Boomerkel
07-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Waxman-Markey Cap and Trade Bill - Massive Securities Fraud

Interesting Adjunct To The Waxman-Markey Cap and Trade Bill Involving Massive Securities Fraud

The Waxman-Markey Cap and Trade Bill and Proposed National Health Care Legislation Opens Door for Massive Stock Fraud by Al Gore “Climate Change Ambassador Program” Associate Maurice Stone, newly elected chair of the New Energy Committee for the National Black Chamber of Commerce (NBCC)…. Click on the Link to read the open letter.

http://www.resistnet.com/group/lonestarpatriots/forum/topics/waxmanmarkey-cap-and-trade

Pepsi
07-18-2009, 07:55 AM
bump

Pepsi
07-24-2009, 04:35 AM
Climate bill spells less freedom.

http://www.newswithviews.com/NWV-News/news154.htm

RP4EVER
07-24-2009, 09:47 PM
The news from Virginia is looking up

Jim Webb replied to a message of mine stating that he is not in favor of the Cap and Trade Act....wether that means as it is now....or not at all is a different question

Mark Warner has not yet replied.

Brassmouth
07-24-2009, 10:24 PM
I hate to be the Negative Nancy here, but I doubt filling up inboxes and annoying their secretaries with phone calls is going to make their "lives hell." Even it did, I doubt that would outweigh the kickbacks, privileges, bribes, and other benefits they've been given to support the legislation.

Democracy doesn't work. Cry about it.

Pepsi
07-28-2009, 03:43 AM
Yes but at less we did something to try to stop it instead of sitting on ones butt and ranting about when you can't pay the power bill to watch Monday Night football, and can't enjoy a cold beer.

Pepsi
07-30-2009, 03:30 AM
Climate Science: follow the money

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/07/23/climate-science-follow-the-money/

Pepsi
08-07-2009, 07:15 AM
Obama's Cap and Trade Carbon Emissions Bill - A Stealth Scheme to License Pollution and Fraud

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=14297

Pepsi
08-18-2009, 06:00 PM
The world's source for global temperature record admits it's lost or destroyed all the original data that would allow a third party to construct a global temperature record. The destruction (or loss) of the data comes at a convenient time for the Climatic Research Unit (CRU) in East Anglia - permitting it to snub FoIA requests to see the data.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2009/08/worlds-source-for-global-temperature.html

Pepsi
10-03-2009, 07:08 AM
Thus the key ingredient in most of the studies that have been invoked to support the Hockey Stick, namely the Briffa Yamal series, depends on the influence of a woefully thin subsample of trees and the exclusion of readily-available data for the same area. Whatever is going on here, it is not science.

I have been probing the arguments for global warming for well over a decade. In collaboration with a lot of excellent coauthors I have consistently found that when the layers get peeled back, what lies at the core is either flawed, misleading or simply non-existent. The surface temperature data is a contaminated mess with a significant warm bias, and as I have detailed elsewhere the IPCC fabricated evidence in its 2007 report to cover up the problem. Climate models are in gross disagreement with observations, and the discrepancy is growing with each passing year. The often-hyped claim that the modern climate has departed from natural variability depended on flawed statistical methods and low-quality data. The IPCC review process, of which I was a member last time, is nothing at all like what the public has been told: Conflicts of interest are endemic, critical evidence is systematically ignored and there are no effective checks and balances against bias or distortion.

I get exasperated with fellow academics, and others who ought to know better, who pile on to the supposed global warming consensus without bothering to investigate any of the glaring scientific discrepancies and procedural flaws. Over the coming few years, as the costs of global warming policies mount and the evidence of a crisis continues to collapse, perhaps it will become socially permissible for people to start thinking for themselves again. In the meantime I am grateful for those few independent thinkers, like Steve McIntyre, who continue to ask the right questions and insist on scientific standards of openness and transparency. - Ross McKitrick is a professor of environmental economics at the University of Guelph, and coauthor of Taken By Storm: The Troubled Science, Policy and Politics of Global Warming.

http://www.financialpost.com/opinion/story.html?id=2056988&p=3

cheapseats
10-03-2009, 08:48 AM
I hate to be the Negative Nancy here, but I doubt filling up inboxes and annoying their secretaries with phone calls is going to make their "lives hell." Even it did, I doubt that would outweigh the kickbacks, privileges, bribes, and other benefits they've been given to support the legislation.

Maybe you hate to be the Negative Nancy on account of shooting the messenger has become a blood sport.

I am in complete agreement that letters and phone calls are an IRONIC waste of resources.

Democracy doesn't work. Cry about it.

Pansy-assed democracy doesn't work. Happily, we have a Democratic Republic AND a fierce minority . . . who will hopefully soon quit playing Traps & Forts in the woods.

sluggo
10-19-2009, 09:16 AM
Bumping this.

LibertyEagle
10-19-2009, 10:07 AM
bump

Pepsi
11-19-2009, 12:43 PM
Cap and Trade: A License Required for your Home.

We encourage you to read the provisions of the Cap and Trade Bill that has passed the House of Representatives and being considered by the Senate. We are ready to join the next march on Washington!

This Congress and whoever on their staffs that write this junk are truly out to destroy the middle class of the USA….

A License Required for your house

Thinking about selling your house – A look at H.R. 2454 (Cap and trade bill) This is unbelievable!

Only the beginning from this administration! Home owners take note & tell your friends and relatives who are home owners!

Beginning 1 year after enactment of the Cap and Trade Act, you won’t be able to sell your home unless you retrofit it to comply with the energy and water efficiency standards of this Act. H.R. 2454, the “Cap & Trade” bill passed by the House of Representatives, if also passed by the Senate, will be the largest tax increase any of us has ever experienced.

The Congressional Budget Office (supposedly non-partisan) estimates that in just a few years the average cost to every family of four will be $6,800 per year.
No one is excluded.

However, once the lower classes feel the pinch in their wallets, you can be sure these voters get a tax refund (even if they pay no taxes at all) to offset this new cost. Thus, you Mr. and Mrs. Middle Class America will have to pay even more since additional tax dollars will be needed to bail out everyone else.

But wait. This awful bill (that no one in Congress has actually read) has many more surprises in it. Probably the worst one is this:

A year from now you won’t be able to sell your house. Yes, you read that right.
The caveat is (there always is a caveat) that if you have enough money to make required major upgrades to your home, then you can sell it. But, if not, then forget it. Even pre-fabricated homes (”mobile homes”) are included.

In effect, this bill prevents you from selling your home without the permission of the EPA administrator.

To get this permission, you will have to have the energy efficiency of your home measured.
Then the government will tell you what your new energy efficiency requirement is and you will be forced to make modifications to your home under the retrofit provisions of this Act to comply with the new energy and water efficiency requirements.

Then you will have to get your home measured again and get a license (called a “label” in the Act) that must be posted on your property to show what your efficiency rating is; sort of like the Energy Star efficiency rating label on your refrigerator or air conditioner.
If you don’t get a high enough rating, you can’t sell. And, the EPA administrator is authorized to raise the standards every year, even above the automatic energy efficiency increases built into the Act.

The EPA administrator, appointed by the President, will run the Cap & Trade program (AKA the “American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009″) and is authorized to make any future changes to the regulations and standards he alone determines to be in the government’s best interest. Requirements are set low initial y so the bill will pass Congress; then the Administrator can set much tougher new standards every year.

The Act itself contains annual required increases in energy efficiency for private and commercial residences and buildings.

However, the EPA administrator can set higher standards at any time.

Building Retrofit Program mandates a national retrofit program to increase the energy efficiency of all existing homes across America .

Beginning 1 year after enactment of the Act, you won’t be able to sell your home unless you retrofit it to comply with the energy and water efficiency standards of this Act.

You had better sell soon, because the standards will be raised each year and will be really hard (i.e., ex$pen$ive) to meet in a few years. Oh, goody! The Act allows the government to give you a grant of several thousand dollars to comply with the retrofit program requirements if you meet certain energy efficiency levels. But, wait, the State can set additional requirements on who qualifies to receive the grants.

You should expect requirements such as “can’t have an income of more than $50K per year”, “home selling price can’t be more than $125K”, or anything else to target the upper middle class (and that’s YOU) and prevent them from qualifying for the grants.
Most of us won’t get a dime and will have to pay the entire cost of the retrofit out of our own pockets. More transfer of wealth, more “change you can believe in.”

Sect. 204:
Building Energy Performance Labeling Program establishes a labeling program that for each individual residence will identify the achieved energy efficiency performance for “at least 90 percent of the residential market within 5 years after the date of the enactment of this Act.”

This means that within 5 years 90% of all residential homes in the U.S. must be measured and labeled. The EPA administrator will get $50M each year to enforce the labeling program. The Secretary of the Department of Energy will get an additional $20M each year to help enforce the labeling program. Some of this money will, of course, be spent on coming up with tougher standards each year.

Oh, the label will be like a license for your car. You will be required to post the label in a conspicuous location in your home and will not be allowed to sell your home without having this label.

And, just like your car license, you will probably be required to get a new label every so often – maybe every year.

But, the government estimates the cost of measuring the energy efficiency of your home should only cost about $200 each time.

Remember what they said about the auto smog inspections when they first started: that in California it would only cost $15. That was when the program started. Now the cost is about $50 for the inspection and certificate; a 333% increase. Expect the same from the home labeling program.

Sect. 304:
Greater Energy Efficiency in Building Codes establishes new energy efficiency guidelines for the National Building Code and mandates at 304(d), Application of National Code to State and Local Jurisdictions, that 1 year after enactment of this Act, all state and local jurisdictions must adopt the National Building Code energy efficiency provisions or must obtain a certification from the federal government that their state and/or local codes have been brought into full compliance with the National Building Code energy efficiency standards.

http://www.nachi.org/forum/f14/cap-a...ur-home-44750/

Pepsi
12-21-2009, 07:13 PM
Copenhagen Accord: Questions and Answers

http://mytechnologyworld9.blogspot.com/2009/12/copenhagen-accord-questions-and-answers.html

The World Bank and Climate Change: Sustainability or Exploitation?

http://alethonews.wordpress.com/2009/12/19/the-world-bank%E2%80%99s-carbon-trade-fiasco/

Climate Change in the Climategate Era

http://netnewsledger.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1159:climate-change-in-the-climategate-era&catid=36:technology-now&Itemid=85

The Climategate code

http://www.examiner.com/x-9111-SF-Environmental-Policy-Examiner~y2009m12d18-The-Climategate-code

Copenhagen Accord Establishes Global Government Framework

http://www.prisonplanet.com/copenhagen-accord-establishes-global-government-framework.html

Turning Tricks, Cashing In on Fear

http://www.counterpunch.com/cockburn12182009.html

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/piersakerman/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/message_on_climate_emotive_but_a_fraud/

UN Chief: We Will Impose Global Governance

http://www.prisonplanet.com/un-chief-we-will-impose-global-governance.html

Copenhagen climate change summit:What you have not been told about global warming - the five missing facts

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1235126/What-told-Global-Warming--missing-facts.html

Pepsi
12-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Is man caused Global Warming a Scientific fact?

http://xtronics.com/reference/globalwarming.htm

Climate: We Can ALL Agree On Two Things

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2009/11/climate-we-can-all-agree-on-two-things.html

The Copenhagen Treaty Explained

http://www.thepostemail.com/2009/11/11/the-copenhagen-treaty-explained-%e2%80%94-part-ii/

A break-down of large data file for manipulating global temperature trends from 2006-2009

http://69.84.25.250/blogger/post/ClimateGate-Data-Series-Part-I-A-break-down-of-large-data-file-for-manipulating-global-temperature-trends-from-2006-2009.aspx

http://69.84.25.250/blogger/post/ClimateGate-Data-Series-Part-2-A-break-down-of-large-data-file-for-manipulating-global-temperature-trends-from-2006-2009.aspx

Climategate Computer Codes Are the Real Story

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/climategate-computer-codes-are-the-real-story/

Vincent Gray on Climategate: ‘There Was Proof of Fraud All Along’ (PJM Exclusive)

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/vincent-gray-on-climategate-there-was-proof-of-fraud-all-along-pjm-exclusive/

Pepsi
12-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Global Warming: "Fixing the Climate Data around the Policy"

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=16339

Pepsi
01-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Climategate: A conspiracy in the making

http://pennyforyourthoughts2.blogspot.com/2010/01/climategate-conspiracy-in-making.html

Global Warming Fraud Collapses Amidst Deception And Scandal

http://www.prisonplanet.com/global-warming-fraud-collapses-amidst-deception-and-scandal.html

The billion-dollar hoax

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/the-billion-dollar-hoax/story-e6frfhqf-1225823736564

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/climategate-gives-lord-of-the-sceptics-plenty-of-ammunition-20100127-mywc.html?autostart=1

Scientists in stolen e-mail scandal hid climate data

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article7004936.ece

http://pajamasmedia.com/rogerlsimon/2010/01/28/climategate-obama-backs-cap-and-trade-as-uk-cites-climate-criminals/

Meteorologists Reject U.N.’s Global Warming Claims

http://www.heartland.org/publications/environment%20climate/article/26794/Meteorologists_Reject_UNs_Global_Warming_Claims.ht ml

Pepsi
02-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Climategate: Obama backs cap-and-trade as UK cites climate criminals

http://pajamasmedia.com/rogerlsimon/2010/01/28/climategate-obama-backs-cap-and-trade-as-uk-/

EPA Suppresses Internal Global Warming Study

http://www.globalwarming.org/2009/06/24/epa-suppresses-internal-global-warming-study/

Major new analysis by Aussies show IPCC manipulated data

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/the-billion-dollar-hoax/story-e6frfhqf-1225823736564

Obama's EPA Makes a Mockery of Due Process

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/06/obamas_epa_makes_a_mockery_of.html

The IPCC: More Sins of Omission – Telling the Truth but Not the Whole Truth

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/01/25/the-ipcc-more-sins-of-omission-%e2%80%93-telling-the-truth-but-not-the-whole-truth/

Pepsi
02-28-2010, 12:22 AM
Primary United States Climate Center Now Caught in Data Manipulation

http://minnesotansforglobalwarming.com/m4gw/2010/01/new-revelations-headlined-on-tv-climate-special.html

Climategate: A conspiracy in the making

http://pennyforyourthoughts2.blogspot.com/2010/01/climategate-conspiracy-in-making.html

New errors in IPCC climate change report

The United Nations panel on climate change is facing fresh criticism today as The Sunday Telegraph reveals new factual errors and poor sources of evidence in its influential report to government leaders.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/climatechange/7177230/New-errors-in-IPCC-climate-change-report.html

Climategate 2.0 — The NASA Files: U.S. Climate Science as Corrupt as CRU (PJM Exclusive — Part One)

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/climategate-2-0-%E2%80%94-the-nasa-files-u-s-climate-science-as-corrupt-as-cru-pjm-exclusive-%E2%80%94-part-one/

Pepsi
04-18-2010, 05:21 PM
Protect us, not polar bears: Inuit officials

http://www.trooth.info/troomla/component/content/article/58-climatechange/1453-protect-us-not-polar-bears-inuit-officials

AGW Severe Weather Prediction Wrong: China Hail Storm Frequency Declines During Global Warming

http://www.c3headlines.com/2010/03/agw-severe-weather-prediction-wrong-china-hail-storm-frequency-declines-during-global-warming.html

Global warming alarmists were wrong about Gulf Stream, too

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Global-warming-alarmists-were-wrong-about-Gulf-Stream-too-89444992.html#ixzz0lUqvscJV

CRU Data Too Inaccurate To Detect AGW

http://strata-sphere.com/blog/index.php/archives/13134

CLIMATE CHANGE IS NATURAL: 100 REASONS WHY

http://globalwarminghoax.wordpress.com/2009/12/15/climate-change-is-natural-100-reasons-why/

How the global warming hoax evolved from population control and eugenics

http://usactionnews.com/2010/04/how-the-global-warming-hoax-evolved-from-population-control-and-eugenics/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Climategate: a scandal that won’t go away

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=171324

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/christopherbooker/7601929/Climategate-a-scandal-that-wont-go-away.html

Pepsi
04-18-2010, 05:34 PM
CLIMATEGATE TEAM FAILED TO GET WORK CHECKED BY EXPERTS

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/169301/Climategate-team-failed-to-get-work-checked-by-experts

Climategate: CRU whiter than – er – whitewash, as world laughs at AGW scam apologists

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/geraldwarner/100034453/climategate-cru-whiter-than-er-whitewash-as-world-laughs-at-agw-scam-apologists/

ClimateGate Whitewash

There is now a desperate effort afoot by assorted climate alarmists to explain away the revelations of the incriminating e-mails leaked last year from the University of East Anglia (UEA). A concerted whitewash campaign is in full swing to save the IPCC and its questionable conclusion that the warming of the last thirty years is anthropogenic. But ongoing investigations so far have avoided the real issue, namely whether the reported warming is genuine or a manufactured result by scientists in England and the United States who manipulated temperature data.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/04/climategate_whitewash.html

http://url4.eu/2g1QI

Brian Sussman, Climategate,“global warming” fear-mongering Brilliantly Exposing Climategate

http://ow.ly/1xZUK

http://www.eastangliaemails.com/index.php

The Climategate files were made public just a month ago, and the email messages that were revealed have already had real impact. The emails show us scientists being petty and political, even corrupt. Suppressing dissenting science and perhaps even violating the law to prevent data from being shared with the rest of the world. They show us people with failings, egos against egos. But the emails themselves aren’t enough to call the overall science of CO2-driven, human-caused climate change into question

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/climategate-faster-and-faster-the-dominos-fall/?singlepage=true

Pepsi
05-02-2010, 08:32 AM
Confirmed: global warming zealots hate people

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/janetdaley/100008966/confirmed-global-warming-zealouts-hate-people/

Monsanto’s dream bill, HR 875

http://butnerblogspot.wordpress.com/2009/03/13/monsantos-dream-bill-hr-875/

Swedish expert says CO2 is not the main cause of global warming

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90777/90853/6959757.html

Senator Dodd’s Regulation Plan: 14 Fatal Flaws

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2010/04/senator%20dodds%20regulation%20plan%2014%20fatal%2 0flaws

Angela Merkel gives up binding carbon treaties

http://motls.blogspot.com/2010/04/angela-merkel-gives-up-binding-carbon.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LuboMotlsReferenceFrame+%28Lu bos+Motl%27s+reference+frame%29

More Global Warming Profiteering by Obama Energy Official

Ex-Gore associate and current Obama energy official Cathy Zoi is exploiting global warming for her own mega-gain.

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/more-global-warming-profiteering-by-obama-energy-official/

The world may not be doomed after all, according to top American dirt scientists. Soil-dwelling microbes, expected in climate models to go into CO2-spewing "overdrive" as the world warms, refused to do so in experiments.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/27/soil_microbe_peril_no/

Fannie Mae owns patent on residential 'cap and trade' exchange

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columns/Fannie-Mae-owns-patent-on-residential-_cap-and-trade_-exchange-91532109.html?source=patrick.net

tpreitzel
08-26-2010, 11:29 AM
I just received an e-mail from C4L that stated HR 2454 will likely be brought to the floor as early as September. The Democrats realize they're going to lose massively in November so they won't stop destroying this republic unless we, the people, make a concerted, coordinated effort to stop them. We have to try.