PDA

View Full Version : Boehner is my hero!!!

sevin
06-26-2009, 03:52 PM
Waxman is being a little bitch saying Boehner is going on for too long because Boehner is tearing apart this potential legislation piece by piece, but he was told, "The custom of the house is to hear the leader's remarks" to which the republicans broke into applause.

For some drama, go to C-span now.

sluggo
06-26-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm not a fan of Boehner but he's tearing it up right now.

Dan Chisholm
06-26-2009, 03:56 PM
This is great! Boy I hope some more Dems listen to Boehner this time because they didn't when he said:

YouTube - GOP Leader Boehner Floor Speech Opposing Democrats' Trillion-Dollar Spending Bill (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvnwOjDjnH4)

Kotin
06-26-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm not a fan of Boehner but he's tearing it up right now.

indeed..

he is tearing waxman a new one..

sevin
06-26-2009, 03:58 PM
This vote is not final. Keep calling, for god's sake!

Republican List (Unlisted are solid no)

Solid Yes
Bono, Mary California
Ehlers, Vernon Michigan

Lean Yes
Castle, Michael Delaware
Lance, Leonard New Jersey
Lobiondo, Frank New Jersey
McHugh, John New York
Reichert, Dave Washington
Smith, Chris New Jersey

Undecided
Deal, Nathan Georgia
Kirk, Mark Illinois
Petri, Thomas Wisconsin

Lean No
Frelinghuysen, Rod New Jersey
Gerlach, Jim Pennsylvania
Democratic List (Unlisted are solid yes)

Lean No
Boswell, Leonard Iowa
Etheridge, Bob North Carolina
Foster, Bill Illinois
Halvorson, Debbie Illinois
Hinojosa, Ruben Texas
Kaptur, Marcy Ohio
Marshall, Jim Georgia
Salazar, John Colorado
Thompson, Bennie Mississippi

Undecided
Arcuri, Michael New York
Boccieri, John Ohio
Brown, Corrine Florida
Carney, Chris Pennsylvania
Dicks, Norm Washington
Donnelly, Joe Indiana
Green, Al Texas
Kind, Ronald Wisconsin
Kirkpatrick, Ann Arizona
Ortiz, Solomon Texas
Space, Zach Ohio (voted yes in committee)
Teague, Harry New Mexico
Tonko, Paul New York

Lean Yes
Abercrombie, Neil Hawaii
Adler, John New Jersey
Baca, Joe California
Bean, Melissa Illinois
Bishop, Sanford Georgia
Cardoza, Dennis California
Clay, William Missouri
Costa, Jim California
Driehaus, Steve Ohio
Fudge, Marcia Ohio
Grayson, Alan Florida
Himes, Jim Connecticut
Kagan, Steve Wisconsin
Kildee, Dale Michigan
Kosmas, Suzanne Florida
Kratovil, Frank Maryland
Maffei, Dan New York
Mary Jo Kilroy Ohio
McMahon, Michael New York
Meek, Kendrick Florida
Meeks, Gregory New York
Mitchell, Harry Arizona
Murphy, Scott New York
Nye, Glenn Virginia
Peters, Gary Michigan
Rodriguez, Ciro Texas
Shuler, Heath North Carolina
Skelton, Ike Missouri

Solid No - Call to confirm/thank/support!
Altmire, Jason Pennsylvania
Barrow, John Georgia
Berry, Marion Arkansas
Boren, Dan Oklahoma
Bright, Bobby Alabama
Childers, Travis Mississippi
Costello, Jerry Illinois
Cuellar, Henry Texas
Dahlkemper, Kathy Pennsylvania
Davis, Artur Alabama
Davis, Lincoln Tennessee
Defazio, Peter Oregon
Edwards, Chat Texas (No "in current form")
Ellsworth, Brad Indiana
Griffith, Parker Alabama
Herseth, Stephanie South Dakota
Holden, Tim Pennsylvania
Kissell, Larry North Carolina
Kucinich, Dennis Ohio
Matheson, Jim Utah
McIntyre, Mike North Carolina
Melancon, Charlie Louisiana
Minnick, Walt Idaho
Mollohan, Alan West Virginia
Pomeroy, Earl North Dakota
Rahall, Nick West Virginia
Ross, Mike Arkansas
Scott, David Georgia
Tanner, John Tennessee
Taylor, Gene Mississippi
Wilson, Charlie Ohio

Go to congress.org, enter your zip code on the right, click on the name of your representative and then click on the Contact tab for the number to his office. This is very easy. Tell them if they pass this--the biggest tax in history--you'll do everything you can to vote them out of office next year.

brandon
06-26-2009, 03:59 PM
Just turned it on

How long has he been speaking for?

malkusm
06-26-2009, 04:00 PM
This is amazing. This is amazing. This is amazing.

malkusm
Just turned it on

How long has he been speaking for?

About 40 minutes now, and he's on page 70 out of 300 of the amendment.

RSLudlum
Man you guys are sooooo lame watching CSPAN when you could be getting the up n up on MJ's death.

:p

Boehner is tearing it up

Objectivist
06-26-2009, 04:01 PM
"Three O' Nine this morning."

malkusm
06-26-2009, 04:02 PM
"I hate to do this to y'all. I really do! But somebody's gotta work on this 300 pages if we're gonna print it out at 3:09 in the morning, and I worked on it!"

HOLLYWOOD
06-26-2009, 04:04 PM
I'm waiting for the Boehner's 309 page amendment Finale...

"Crap Sandwich, part Deux!"

Always remember, John Boehner is NO FRIEND or Ally to Ron Paul

moostraks
06-26-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm waiting for the Boehner's 309 page amendment Finale...

"Crap Sandwich, part Deux!"

:D Go Boehner!

Brassmouth
06-26-2009, 04:13 PM
...are you guys serious?

It just so happens that the special interests that own him happen to oppose this bill.

This guy doesn't care about freedom. He hasn't even made a decent argument against this bill.

Cowlesy
06-26-2009, 04:13 PM
I don't agree with John Boehner most of the time, but for once, he is doing his job.

I hope he talks all damn night.

StayTrue
06-26-2009, 04:14 PM
keep goin boehner

Cowlesy
06-26-2009, 04:15 PM
...are you guys serious?

It just so happens that the special interests that own him happen to oppose this bill.

This guy doesn't care about freedom. He hasn't even made a decent argument against this bill.

This bill is a gigantic thrashing of our freedoms. I am glad to see a critter fighting it, even if I don't like the critter.

sevin
06-26-2009, 04:17 PM
[LEFT]Always remember, John Boehner is NO FRIEND or Ally to Ron Paul.

...are you guys serious?

I know and I know, but I'm with him in opposing this bill. Isn't it possible to unite with the opposition on the issues you agree on? Even Ron Paul will unite with people like Barney Frank on certain issues.

Some of the people here are so f-ing cynical I don't know why I bother.

Dan Chisholm
06-26-2009, 04:17 PM
If anyone has Twitter, we gotta get more of the American people to watch this. We should start tweeting and doing whatever else we can to get the word out quickly that people should be watching this on CSPAN. If enough people watch this and end up calling their congressperson, we might be able to stop this thing!

brandon
06-26-2009, 04:18 PM
Are there more speakers after boner, or does it come up for a vote then?

reduen
06-26-2009, 04:18 PM
They are tearing this cap and trade energy bill apart piece by piece!! I know that it is just for show but you guys got to watch this and get energized to contact your representatives again!!

klamath
06-26-2009, 04:29 PM
I know and I know, but I'm with him in opposing this bill. Isn't it possible to unite with the opposition on the issues you agree on? Even Ron Paul will unite with people like Barney Frank on certain issues.

Some of the people here are so f-ing cynical I don't know why I bother.

I agree. if republicans are fighting this bill for what ever reasons I don't care I am glad. I am getting a little tired of the massive roller waves of shit the democrats are rolling over us with no checks at all!

HOLLYWOOD
06-26-2009, 04:33 PM
Boehner has sure changed his tune from the previous 8 years.

He's a Political Puppet just like the rest!

What a Bunch of Banana Republic Children...

devil21
06-26-2009, 04:34 PM
I dont trust Boehner as far as I can throw him but he really did expose the nonsense of this bill.

HOLLYWOOD
06-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Damn no CRAP SANDWICH remarks

Cowlesy
06-26-2009, 04:40 PM
You will not be able to sell your house unless you have it energy-level approved.

There is so much fucking bullshit in this bill I can't imagine it could ever be enforced.

LBennett76
06-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Though Ron Paul didn't speak... I think even he would be proud of what Boehner did. At least one other Rep read the thing and had the balls (and the authority) to take up all that time to go through it bit by bit. I may not like the reasons Boehner did it, but dang it he was on my side today.

Carole
06-26-2009, 04:51 PM
Which bill number is it? There are s bunch of them.

Is it HR 2846?

reduen
06-26-2009, 04:52 PM
which bill number is it? There are s bunch of them.

Is it hr 2846?

h.r. 2454

Cowlesy
06-26-2009, 04:54 PM
If you live in a 'burg, with no full-time officials, you still need a fulltime paid code enforcement officer.

devil21
06-26-2009, 05:03 PM
Looks like it's going to pass. The House just doesn't have enough Republicans to beat any Democrat legislation. This is what we have to look forward to for the next however-many-years.

And whoever the Republican (EDIT: 8 of them!) that voted YES is should be removed from the seat next election.

RSLudlum
06-26-2009, 05:05 PM
If anyone has Twitter, we gotta get more of the American people to watch this. We should start tweeting and doing whatever else we can to get the word out quickly that people should be watching this on CSPAN. If enough people watch this and end up calling their congressperson, we might be able to stop this thing!

Already did... ;)

reduen
06-26-2009, 05:17 PM
It is all over with now folks, the bill passed...... :(

Objectivist
06-26-2009, 06:06 PM
...are you guys serious?

The fact that massive job losses are coming is compelling enough to me. Did you miss the remarks about California's system being the model? Well we just hit record state unemployment (11.4%)and businesses are fleeing in droves.

klamath
06-26-2009, 06:36 PM
The fact that massive job losses are coming is compelling enough to me. Did you miss the remarks about California's system being the model? Well we just hit record state unemployment (11.4%)and businesses are fleeing in droves.
Yeaw, we're a wonderful model:rolleyes: Our state is 24 billion in debt and we have had the greenest politicians for years. Hell, with all the financial troubles our assemble is still pushing a bill to ban all gold dredging on California rivers. No, we must create our wealth by ever inflating realestate prices...that worked great:rolleyes:

Objectivist
06-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Yeaw, we're a wonderful model:rolleyes: Our state is 24 billion in debt and we have had the greenest politicians for years. Hell, with all the financial troubles our assemble is still pushing a bill to ban all gold dredging on California rivers. No, we must create our wealth by ever inflating realestate prices...that worked great:rolleyes:

A San Diego Newspaper did a story on the "Ph.D." over at the California Air Resources Board who had lied about having a Ph.D, he's the same guy that wrote the report mandating the new Diesel emissions standards that reduce fuel milage on every diesel truck in the state. Transportation cost will climb but Pedro can drive his Mexican truck over the Border and deliver goods to any place in the state.

Objectivist
06-26-2009, 07:58 PM
Here's the truth about California.
YouTube - Rep George Radanovich R-CA HR 2454 Cap & Trade (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeYVCkqYbeU)