PDA

View Full Version : CFL needs to change their phoning practices!

klamath
06-26-2009, 12:25 PM
Being that I am on a cell phone I don't take phone calls I don't know to keep from burning minutes.
I typed the number into Google and came up with the results. CFL phone practices are driving people away from RP. People are making comments like "I should have never donated to him if this is what happens!"

Someone needs to clue them in! The repeated calling has to stop or they are going to turn RP's donnor base off bad!

torchbearer
06-26-2009, 12:30 PM
I wish they wouldn't send me stuff in the mail.
Not because I don't want them, but because they cost money- I read everything I need to know on the website- and I donate when I can. The mailers do not generate money from me. It is a loss.
I wish you could tell them that and they would just skip your name in the database when it comes to direct mail.

Kludge
06-26-2009, 12:33 PM
I wish they would send me stuff in the mail.
Not because I don't want them, but because they cost money- I read everything I need to know on the website- and I donate when I can. The mailers do not generate money from me. It is a loss.
I wish you could tell them that and they would just skip your name in the database when it comes to direct mail.

Same, and this is true of most political organizations. An opt-out opportunity would be very much appreciated.

(Though, I was a bit amused by the lunch bag mailer sent by the LP recently)

JasonC
06-26-2009, 12:39 PM
I wish they would send me stuff in the mail.

I totally agree. In fact, i said the same thing to my girlfriend when I got the last healthcare letter in the mail. I get all of the information I need from their website and others.

They should add some sort of option to ask people if they would like to recieve mail or phone calls when they first sign up. And for those of us already signed up, they could send out emails asking us our communication preferences.

With 140k+ members mail can get VERY expensive. I am gonna take a very conservative guess and say that half of the people do not even require physical mail, just emails.

So lets say the price of a stamp, envelope, and printed letter is .45C each(I'm sure it is more than that.) so .45cents x 70,000 people= $31,500 wasted every time they mail a letter. Unless I made some mistakes that doesn't seem like a good use of that money.

I'm not trying to bash C4L in anyway(I love them), just trying to help them improve......

Lord Xar
06-26-2009, 12:41 PM
Opting out is a HUGE time and money saver.

I also get the mailers and I read them (out of respect) and throw them away. Like others, I frequent the site and get my info there. I am aware of the fundraising thru that site. I do NOT need the mailers. They need the ability to opt-out of the mailers and calls.

JoshLowry
06-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Mailers are reminders to donate money even if you don't need them.

(Applies to all donation run orgs. Not singling the CFL out.)

Brian4Liberty
06-26-2009, 12:49 PM
I wish they wouldn't send me stuff in the mail.
Not because I don't want them, but because they cost money.

Yeah, what a waste of money. Ever join the NRA? They are the worse. For every penny you donate, they will spend 2 trying to get you to donate more...

klamath
06-26-2009, 12:50 PM
I am not trying to bash CFL at all. I am just giving feedback that I hope helps them. What scared me was the number of comments on how pissed people were about the over calling. Don't piss off the donnor base!

Danke
06-26-2009, 12:56 PM
I called GOA to get them to stop sending me so much mail and save some money as I get their emails anyway. The gal said they would stop the snail mail.

I still get a lot of snail mail from them...

disorderlyvision
06-26-2009, 12:57 PM
I know

I got a call from a DC # yesterday. I was like "I am not answering that shit:eek::eek::eek::eek:"

I looked the # up on google and ran across a couple threads, and found out it was C4L. Most of those people were bitching about it too.

I got another call today. I answer. Someone reading a form about cap and trade. I was like my rep is voting against it. she was persistent and gave me the number to call anyway, and I wasn't going to argue with her about it.

Malachi
06-26-2009, 12:59 PM
CFL = bad leadership and bad direction..... :o

ctiger2
06-26-2009, 01:44 PM
An opt out for the snail mail would be nice.

AuH2O
06-26-2009, 02:22 PM
I am not trying to bash CFL at all. I am just giving feedback that I hope helps them. What scared me was the number of comments on how pissed people were about the over calling. Don't piss off the donnor base!

The call today wasn't for fundraising, it was about Cap-and-trade. It was political work, something everyone seems to want them to do more of.

AuH2O
06-26-2009, 02:25 PM
I know

I got a call from a DC # yesterday. I was like "I am not answering that shit:eek::eek::eek::eek:"

I looked the # up on google and ran across a couple threads, and found out it was C4L. Most of those people were bitching about it too.

I got another call today. I answer. Someone reading a form about cap and trade. I was like my rep is voting against it. she was persistent and gave me the number to call anyway, and I wasn't going to argue with her about it.

Your rep isn't voting against it until he does. And if you think environmental groups aren't rallying calls into your rep in favor, you're crazy. EVERY call is important.

disorderlyvision
06-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Your rep isn't voting against it until he does. And if you think environmental groups aren't rallying calls into your rep in favor, you're crazy. EVERY call is important.

I have already talked with Leutkemeyer's office. They said he was voting against it

AuH2O
06-26-2009, 03:04 PM
I have already talked with Leutkemeyer's office. They said he was voting against it

Again, a verbal commitment means exactly nothing.

The only thing that governs politicians (with rare exceptions like RP) is reelection, and if voting for the bill is strategic for him, he will.

Elected officials only respond to pleasure and pain -- and they will vote in whatever way maximizes the former and limits the latter. On these important issues it is critical that we apply this type of pressure.

Bman
06-26-2009, 03:08 PM
CFL = bad leadership and bad direction..... :o

That's a little harsh for such a young organization, however there is merit to the fact that one of the largest flaws in Ron's political career has been some of the people he's surrounded himself with.