PDA

View Full Version : This Town in Minn Doesn't Own Any Property!

polomertz
06-26-2009, 10:31 AM
http://www.cityofnorth-oaks.com/

Approximately 4500 residents call North Oaks home. Because residents' properties extend to halfway across the road, all residential roads in the City are private and for the use of North Oaks residents and their invited guests only.

The City owns no property. With residents owning the roads, the North Oaks Home Owners' Association owns the park and recreation areas and trails throughout the City.

How awesome is that!

Elwar
06-26-2009, 11:15 AM
but...but...without taxes, how would we have roads!!!

aravoth
06-26-2009, 11:20 AM
This is ridiculous, everyone knows that if the Government doesn't take care of the roads and parks, potholes will emerge, the entire forest will burn to the ground, Squirrels will die, Spotted Owls will get the shits, and old ladies will fall off the sidewalks into a snow bank and die a prolonged, agonizing, and horrible death.

I hope you god damn anarchists are happy......

If that town does not immediately seize control of all private property within the city limits, the entire infrastructure will crumble, and most of the population will starve to death.

Sandman33
06-26-2009, 11:37 AM
This is ridiculous, everyone knows that if the Government doesn't take care of the roads and parks, potholes will emerge, the entire forest will burn to the ground, Squirrels will die, Spotted Owls will get the shits, and old ladies will fall off the sidewalks into a snow bank and die a prolonged, agonizing, and horrible death.

I hope you god damn anarchists are happy......

If that town does not immediately seize control of all private property within the city limits, the entire infrastructure will crumble, and most of the population will starve to death.

I think I might move there.

RideTheDirt
06-26-2009, 11:51 AM
I would love to live there.

Because residents' properties extend to halfway across the road, all residential roads in the City are private and for the use of North Oaks residents and their invited guests only.
Would the fed's be trespassing if they entered w/o a warrant?

TonySutton
06-26-2009, 12:17 PM
I am not sure how/if they have their own governing body but I visited Century Village in FL several years ago. It is a huge gated retirement community that is pretty much self contained.

RevolutionSD
06-26-2009, 12:26 PM
http://www.cityofnorth-oaks.com/

how awesome is that!

what about the roads????????????

RideTheDirt
06-26-2009, 12:36 PM
what about the roads????????????

Because residents' properties extend to halfway across the road, all residential roads in the City are private and for the use of North Oaks residents and their invited guests only.
If you weren't joking.;)

polomertz
06-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Because you don't hear much about towns like this from the msm, that means they must be doing pretty well :)

If their roads were falling apart I'm SURE we'd be hearing about it.

Lovecraftian4Paul
06-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Awesome, and interesting. I live in Minnesota and even I didn't know this.

LibForestPaul
06-26-2009, 04:59 PM
I am going to drive their, hit a pot hole, swerve into a tree, my car will check fire, burn down the forest, then I will sue the entire HOA, they will go bankrupt, all their homes will be foreclosed, and I can retire in Antigua.

thx for the info!

Carole
06-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Architectural Supervisory Committee
According to the covenants in your deed, any alterations you plan to make to the exterior of your property must be approved by the Architectural Supervisory Committee prior to commencing the construction.
Archetectural committee (North Oaks) Homeowners Association

"The Committee meets on the first and third Monday of each month, 6:30 p.m., at the NOHOA Office at 1 Pleasant Lake Road. Plans must be submitted by Noon on the Monday one week prior to the meeting. "

Homeowners Associations - Never again would I willingly live under one of these tyrannical groups.