PDA

View Full Version : Video: "We Now Have a Total Gangster Government" by Rep. Michele Bachmann

Theocrat
06-26-2009, 02:56 AM
YouTube - We Now Have A Total Gangster Government (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thR-lVuztIY)

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-26-2009, 04:53 AM
disgusting

s35wf
06-26-2009, 07:30 AM
bump. thanks for the vid
thank you ms bachman for being a decent congressman/woman

LibertyEagle
06-26-2009, 08:03 AM
Good for her.

idirtify
06-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Good comments but take them with a grain of salt. I’m not familiar with this particular politician, but most Republicans are now talking fiscal responsibility only because of partisanism. The proof is their 8-year silence previous to this administration. While it’s good to hear, and is probably a partial result of RP’s influence, it’s mostly just partisan politics.

klamath
06-26-2009, 09:02 AM
Good comments but take them with a grain of salt. I’m not familiar with this particular politician, but most Republicans are now talking fiscal responsibility only because of partisanism. The proof is their 8-year silence previous to this administration. While it’s good to hear, and is probably a partial result of RP’s influence, it’s mostly just partisan politics.

Machele Bachmann has a record of voting 80% like RP before the election.

pinkmandy
06-26-2009, 09:21 AM
Machele Bachmann has a record of voting 80% like RP before the election.

That's good to know.

I did read a couple months or so back that she has been regularly attending Dr. Paul's weekly luncheons with guest speakers on economics and such. She's one of a handful. I think she was also given/asked for a decent reading list. I can't remember where I read about all of that, though. I just recall thinking that it sounds like she is really trying to educate herself.

Kraig
06-26-2009, 09:23 AM
All governments are gangster!

Cowlesy
06-26-2009, 09:47 AM
I used to not have a very high opinion of Mrs. Bachmann because I was turned off a bit by bringing fundamentalism into the picture, but Karen De Coster's take on her a couple days ago was spot-on. Going forward I am going to be supportive of her as long as she continues to learn about the freedom and liberty movement, and how it meshes with her conservatism.

There are so few critters who will listen, and if Tom Woods, Ron Paul and KDC are thinking she has promise and is sincere, I think that's great!

Go Michele!

heavenlyboy34
06-26-2009, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the vid, Theo. Remember though, this is also what YOU supported in your continuing support of the State. :(

roho76
06-26-2009, 09:59 AM
Someone should splice this and the Bachmann vid together and post it on digg.

My digg account has been suspended. Has anybody had any problems with NoLibertarians on digg? Can someone tell me why I may have been suspended besides retaliation by the Libs? I don't think I say anything outside the standard Conservative comments. I kinda find it flattering. IHMO.

http://digg.com/users/roho76

*EDIT* I don't think the Obamanuats like being called that.

*EDIT* Shit I just realized I was posting in the Bachmann thread and not the Bernanke thread. Sorry. Please don't ban me here too. I have no where else to go.

South Park Fan
06-26-2009, 10:48 AM
all governments are gangster!

qft

LibertyEagle
06-26-2009, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the vid, Theo. Remember though, this is also what YOU supported in your continuing support of the State. :(

Actually, it is what YOU support by sitting on your ass and not getting involved to change the current state of affairs.

heavenlyboy34
06-26-2009, 11:18 AM
Actually, it is what YOU support by sitting on your ass and not getting involved to change the current state of affairs.

1) I'm not "sitting on my ass"-I contributed my work to freedom projects VOLUNTARILY, and have made it clear that I will help anyone in my immediate area who can use my skills. I also helped push my rep into sponsoring 1207.

2) My non-compliance with the regime IS a method of changing affairs, as was the non-compliant civil rights advocates in previous generations. Get out of the pro-government//pro-State mindset, and the world (as well as my approach) will make much more sense to you. :cool:

Cowlesy
06-26-2009, 11:22 AM
1) I'm not "sitting on my ass"-I contributed my work to freedom projects VOLUNTARILY, and have made it clear that I will help anyone in my immediate area who can use my skills. I also helped push my rep into sponsoring 1207.

2) My non-compliance with the regime IS a method of changing affairs, as was the non-compliant civil rights advocates in previous generations. Get out of the pro-government//pro-State mindset, and the world (as well as my approach) will make much more sense to you. :cool:

Pouting while reading a book outloud or posting a news article about how the state sucks isn't going to stop a tank from steamrolling you, or any state agent for that matter.

But by all means, keep reading and speaking and advocating people to sit outside the sandbox with their arms crossed!

P.S. Oh yeah, keep trying to paint every political activist as a Statist -- that really wins'em over :) :p

Theocrat
06-26-2009, 11:27 AM
Pouting while reading a book outloud or posting a news article about how the state sucks isn't going to stop a tank from steamrolling you, or any state agent for that matter.

But by all means, keep reading and speaking and advocating people to sit outside the sandbox with their arms crossed!

P.S. Oh yeah, keep trying to paint every political activist as a Statist -- that really wins'em over :) :p

My friend HB34 fails to realize that our "gangster government" is behaving in the exact way one would expect of a mob in a pure anarchical society. Where there is no rule of law and the universal enforcement thereof, tyranny reigns by the strongest, even if others in the society try to live voluntarily.

heavenlyboy34
06-26-2009, 11:29 AM
My friend HB34 fails to realize that our "gangster government" is behaving in the exact way one would expect of a mob in a pure anarchical society. Where there is no rule of law and the universal enforcement thereof, tyranny reigns by the strongest, even if others in the society try to live voluntarily.

But you wouldn't know, as you know nothing about pure anarchism except a few talking points that have been refuted thoroughly. What my friend Theocrat fails to realize is that he is SO ignorant of this subject that his opinion is irrelevant. ;)

Theocrat
06-26-2009, 11:33 AM
But you wouldn't know, as you know nothing about pure anarchism except a few talking points that have been refuted thoroughly. What my friend Theocrat fails to realize is that he is SO ignorant of this subject that his opinion is irrelevant. ;)

Oh, that's right. You forgot to tell me how those who refuse to voluntarily follow the NAP in an anarchical society are enforced to keep it, gangster. ;)

enjerth
06-26-2009, 12:09 PM
"We need to call this for what it is, my colleague."

Was there just 1 other person there or something?

LibertyEagle
06-26-2009, 12:11 PM
Those who are not part of the solution, are part of the problem.

Cowlesy
06-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Anarchy would be cool, but it'll never be practical when applied to humans. Utopia doesn't exist.

Instead of trashing those of us who want less government, why don't you celebrate it as a push toward your utopian society. The only anarchic society you'll have is with yourself, or those who voluntarily choose to free-wheel with you.

All the best!

Reason
07-28-2009, 01:47 PM
bump

Deborah K
07-28-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm liking this gal more and more. She is right on about this issue.

mediahasyou
07-28-2009, 03:21 PM
//

mediahasyou
07-28-2009, 03:22 PM

Same shit. Different Clothes.

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,6506830,00.jpg

http://www.emercedesbenz.com/Images/Mar06/17PoliceOfficerHoldingMachineGun.jpg

haaaylee
07-28-2009, 04:25 PM
YouTube - Congresswoman Bachmann: A Horrific Notion To All Americans! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3r4aYZK3RU)

speciallyblend
07-28-2009, 04:33 PM

i hear you, to be honest i view them as having 0 crediblity! hard to believe folks that were saying and doing something else just a few yrs ago! i take everything a republican says with a grain of salt! they have along way to go to prove themselves!

they are not even above water yet in my book!

ghengis86
07-28-2009, 04:43 PM

Right on! die Endlosung der Freiheitfragen!

ghengis86
07-28-2009, 09:00 PM

not enough krauts...maybe this will be more clear

"You're either with us or against us!" - Newkular Shrub

South Park Fan
07-28-2009, 09:18 PM
Anarchy would be cool, but it'll never be practical when applied to humans. Utopia doesn't exist.

Instead of trashing those of us who want less government, why don't you celebrate it as a push toward your utopian society. The only anarchic society you'll have is with yourself, or those who voluntarily choose to free-wheel with you.

All the best!

Would you use force to compel me to pay taxes and receive "protection" from your government?

Vessol
07-28-2009, 09:20 PM
Don't you mean 'evil-godless heathen government', Theo?

CCTelander
07-28-2009, 09:25 PM

Exactly!

Vessol
07-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Exactly!

ya dewd!

down with big brother!

BudhaStalin
07-28-2009, 09:51 PM
darn goverments...

heavenlyboy34
07-28-2009, 10:53 PM

All the best!

Too many fallacies there to take this seriously, but thanks for the well wishes! ~hugs~ :cool:

andrewh817
07-29-2009, 03:56 PM
This country is turning into a modern day feudal system.......... I have a feeling the "Dark Ages" are just around the corner!!

Danke
07-29-2009, 04:10 PM
She is a good singer, first 30 seconds:

YouTube - Auto-Tune the News #6: Michael Jackson. drugs. Palin. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Psfn6iOfS8)

Bucjason
07-29-2009, 04:29 PM
Too many fallacies there to take this seriously, but thanks for the well wishes! ~hugs~ :cool:

SO Utopia DOES exist?? care to give me directions??

Matt Collins
07-29-2010, 07:47 PM
Tea Party Caucus?

Michele Bachmann…

Voted YES on $192B additional anti-recession stimulus spending. (Jul 2009)
Voted YES on overriding veto on expansion of Medicare. (Jul 2008)
Voted NO on investigating Bush impeachment for lying about Iraq. (Jun 2008)
Voted NO on redeploying US troops out of Iraq starting in 90 days. (May 2007)
Voted YES to EXTEND THE PATRIOT ACT "Spy-On-Citizens" Provisions
Voted YES on HR 5140 Economic Stimulus Plan (Feb 2008)
Voted YES on HR 6331 override a veto on a bill that expands Medicare (July 2007)
Voted YES on HR 3548 Providing Homebuyer Tax Credits (Nov 2009)

You really don’t have a clue if you think she represenst the Tea Party