PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Ron Paul Forums

raystone
06-25-2009, 10:05 PM
Thank you Ron Paul Forums for being available every day, with your New Posts tab
Thank you Ron Paul Forums for teaching me about the free market
Thank you Ron Paul Forums for turning me onto Lew Rockwell.com
Thank you Ron Paul Forums for turning me onto the Judge
Thank you Ron Paul Forums for helping to teach me what liberty really means
Thank you Ron Paul Forums for being a great, and interesting, source of current events analysis
Thank you Ron Paul Forums for dissecting the possible liberty candidates, at many levels
Thank you Ron Paul Forums for your wide range of players, from the nihilists, to the self righteous
Thank you Ron Paul Forums for teaching me more about self sufficiency
Thank you Ron Paul Forums for turning me onto Von Mises, Rothbard, and Bastiat
Thank you Ron Paul Forums for teaching me a little about campaigning
Thank you Ron Paul Forums for enlightening me on what World Government would mean for our liberty, and why we must fight for national sovereignty and state sovereignty.
Thank you Ron Paul Forums for providing the inside scoop on the greatest presidential candidate in the last 200 years.
Thank you for Ron Paul Forums for turning me onto Bardnarik and a better understanding of the Constitution
Thank you Ron Paul Forums for turning me onto mises.org and Austrian Economics
Thank you Ron Paul Forums for teaching me tolerance; I agree on most things with true patriots, even with patriot truthers and patriot chemtrailers.
Thank you for Ron Paul Forums for turning me onto Schiff
Thank you Ron Paul Forums for turning me onto real money
Thank you Ron Paul Forums for the must read books and must see video lists
Thank you Ron Paul Forums for explaining the true importance of 2A
But most of all, Thank you Ron Paul Forums for letting me know much of an idiot ____ ____ is

Natalie
06-25-2009, 10:06 PM
I love you all <3

ladyjade3
06-25-2009, 10:15 PM
I second a bunch of that. Ya'll are great!

Andrew-Austin
06-25-2009, 10:17 PM
There is really a lot I could thank this forum for, lately I've been wondering though how much left I can learn from reading threads that are just re-hashes of already discussed subjects. After browsing the forum and other libertarian sites since the summer of 2007, I'm not seeing much more I can learn from this forum as compared to what I could learn from diving in to book after book. What I'm saying is, unlike in the past where I knew nothing about libertarianism, the value of the forum now primarily rests in just receiving the news in one spot. Forums such as this one can be better places to read the news, just because you get a number of different perspectives on any headline instead of just one. As far as learning new things about economics and philosophy though, lately I have been wanting cut down on the amount of time I spend surfing the internet, and spend more time working my way through books.

LiQuIdFoRcE
06-25-2009, 10:18 PM
That sounds like the story of myself!!! Thank you Ron Paul Forums! You guys have evolved me from a O'reilly watcher a bush supporter into a Judge watcher and Paul supporter :)

LittleLightShining
06-25-2009, 11:22 PM
There is really a lot I could thank this forum for, lately I've been wondering though how much left I can learn from reading threads that are just re-hashes of already discussed subjects. After browsing the forum and other libertarian sites since the summer of 2007, I'm not seeing much more I can learn from this forum as compared to what I could learn from diving in to book after book. What I'm saying is, unlike in the past where I knew nothing about libertarianism, the value of the forum now primarily rests in just receiving the news in one spot. Forums such as this one can be better places to read the news, just because you get a number of different perspectives on any headline instead of just one. As far as learning new things about economics and philosophy though, lately I have been wanting cut down on the amount of time I spend surfing the internet, and spend more time working my way through books.

To a certain extent this is true but there are new people coming here all the time. It's important for the veterans to stay on board and educate them.

Kotin
06-25-2009, 11:28 PM
ditto.

AdamT
06-25-2009, 11:48 PM
+1000 to the OP :)

RSLudlum
06-26-2009, 12:02 AM
Thanks RPF for the 'free' education on economics, liberty, and oh yeah, Fiji water. ;)

UnReconstructed
06-26-2009, 12:08 AM
word

jake
06-26-2009, 08:37 AM
to me, the ron paul revolution wouldn't exist without this forum. period. (me personally, i'm sure others feel the same. the revolution would continue for others but not for myself, this forum IS the revolution!)

ronpaulhawaii
06-26-2009, 08:58 AM
Thank You RPFs, for driving the bulk of fundraising for the ride and keeping me hydrated in the desert. You all are the best and I have much aloha for this online "home"

MAHALO!!!

IPSecure
06-26-2009, 09:39 AM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:E0A0o8GXb36ICM:http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2166/2110296893_a1d42e99b6.jpg

Knightskye
06-26-2009, 09:42 AM
Thanks RPF for the 'free' education on economics, liberty, and oh yeah, Fiji water. ;)

Fiji water FTW. :D

Cowlesy
06-26-2009, 09:42 AM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:E0A0o8GXb36ICM:http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2166/2110296893_a1d42e99b6.jpg

that pic never gets old

Bryan
06-26-2009, 10:34 AM
:)

Thanks to everyone here who has made the community what is it- that is really what it is all about. :)

On a practical note, I agree with LLS. What I personally do is a balance of learning here, keeping up with current happenings, trying to help bring others up to speed here on matters and going out into the wild to make a difference there-- and then coming back here. Just sitting around here trying to perfect something doesn't seem the way to go.

Andrew-Austin and others- it would be great if you did some write-ups on the books you read to share what you think is important from them.

heavenlyboy34
06-26-2009, 10:50 AM
:)

Thanks to everyone here who has made the community what is it- that is really what it is all about. :)

you're welcome! ~hugs~ :):cool:

JoshLowry
06-26-2009, 11:09 AM
Thank you guys! Like Bryan said, it's the members that make the place.

Ron Paul started it all. One heck of a butterfly effect.

Thanks Ron Paul. :)

Magicman
06-26-2009, 11:11 AM
This board is full of proud people and liberty minded folks thanks for acheiving so much from such a simple interactive beacon.

reduen
06-26-2009, 11:15 AM
Thx folks...:)

Jeremy
06-26-2009, 11:17 AM
w00t

Nirvikalpa
06-26-2009, 11:17 AM
Thank you muchly, RPF, and the great people (though few) who have befriended me, and special thanks to all who made my stay worthwhile. Throughout all the arguments, disagreements, fights, and harsh words, I really do love majority of you, and wish you nothing but the best in life and a lifetime of happiness.

It has been fun :)

heavenlyboy34
06-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Thank you muchly,

Muchly? What dialect does this come from? It's amusing! :D:)