Republican Voters are Looking for a New Ronald Reagan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhAUWYvVRls

FYI: Ron Paul is the new Ronald Reagan!

ctb619
09-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Reagan had some great rhetoric, but he was a sell-out.....nice video though

itsnobody
09-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Ron Paul IS the new Ronald Reagan, only a lot better...he's the only one who represents traditional conservativism...which is all about smaller government, less regulation, lower taxes, less spending, building a strong national defense...

JosephTheLibertarian
09-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Republican Voters are Looking for a New Ronald Reagan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhAUWYvVRls

FYI: Ron Paul is the new Ronald Reagan!

That's not what I'm looking for... I'm looking for Ron Paul. Reagan is SO overrated WOW. If Reagan were running again, I'd vote against him ;)

FrankRep
09-23-2007, 05:48 PM
That's not what I'm looking for... I'm looking for Ron Paul. Reagan is SO overrated WOW

You're not a Republican anyway silly.

Spike
09-23-2007, 05:49 PM
I think the less we mention Reagan, the better. Ron Paul is not the new Reagan. Dr. Paul is in a league of his own, who has become popular in a different age, at a different time.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-23-2007, 05:50 PM
You're not a Republican anyway silly.

I want a new BARRY GOLDWATER! The hell with Ronald Reagan lol Do you know when the neo cons first got in the whitehouse? With Ronald Reagan

speciallyblend
09-23-2007, 06:04 PM
Ron Paul is running for President,the less we have to mention the ugly word republican or reagan the better off we are in the general election.. RON PAULS MESSAGE IS AN EASY SELL,the hard part is actually mentioning he is a republican.

0zzy
09-23-2007, 06:07 PM
LETS NOT MENTION THE ONLY MAN WHO WANTS TO PULL OUT OF THE UN!
Nooo! Ron Paul, who?
Ron Paul Taboo!

michaelwise
09-23-2007, 06:08 PM
Ronald Who?

Santana28
09-23-2007, 06:15 PM
yeah... i'm really tired of hearing "we want the next Ronald Reagan!"

WHY? What was so great about Reagan? Yeah, the cold war ended under his watch. It had been going on long before he became President and it had to end SOME time... but other than that? The War on Drugs? the AIDS crisis? Iran Contra? I'm 26 years old and my memories of reagan are few and far between. I remember watching clips of the assassination attempt in Jr. High. Oh yeah, don't forget Challenger.

But taking a long hard look at things... i really don't see what was so great about Reagan, other than he seemed to be a genuinely nice guy. And he wasn't Jimmy Carter or Gerald Ford. And he used to be an actor.

Of all the Presidents to "wish" we had another of, Ronald Reagan just makes no sense to me.

michaelwise
09-23-2007, 06:17 PM
yeah... i'm really tired of hearing "we want the next Ronald Reagan!"

WHY? What was so great about Reagan? Yeah, the cold war ended under his watch. It had been going on long before he became President and it had to end SOME time... but other than that? The War on Drugs? the AIDS crisis? Iran Contra? I'm 26 years old and my memories of reagan are few and far between. I remember watching clips of the assassination attempt in Jr. High. Oh yeah, don't forget Challenger.

But taking a long hard look at things... i really don't see what was so great about Reagan, other than he seemed to be a genuinely nice guy. And he wasn't Jimmy Carter or Gerald Ford. And he used to be an actor.

Of all the Presidents to "wish" we had another of, Ronald Reagan just makes no sense to me.My answer to that is, well you've got another Ronald righe here, His Name is Ronald Paul.

LastoftheMohicans
09-23-2007, 06:18 PM
Reagan was the pioneer big government conservative. Do some research on his record as Governor of California? Do some research on what he actually proposed and what he actually signed as President? Ignore the libertarian rhetoric. Ignore all of the establishment libertarians who try to claim Reagan was a small government guy. Ron Paul actually voted against Reagan's budgets and tax increases. He walked the walk. I get tired of so-called free-market types hailing Reagan but ignoring the one person who actually supports the free-market and the Constitution.

michaelwise
09-23-2007, 06:21 PM
I'm not against piggybacking on Ronald's name recogination.

Santana28
09-23-2007, 06:21 PM
Reagan was the pioneer big government conservative. Do some research on his record as Governor of California? Do some research on what he actually proposed and what he actually signed as President? Ignore the libertarian rhetoric. Ignore all of the establishment libertarians who try to claim Reagan was a small government guy. Ron Paul actually voted against Reagan's budgets and tax increases. He walked the walk. I get tired of so-called free-market types hailing Reagan but ignoring the one person who actually supports the free-market and the Constitution.

thats what i was thinking. Reagan kind of epitomized "big government" to me growing up...

wgadget
09-23-2007, 06:22 PM
I think the reason most older people love Ronald Reagan so much was because of his cheerful, optimistic outlook on the future of America. He made people feel good to be Americans. He was also relatively conservative, especially compared to what we have in office now...

FrankRep
09-23-2007, 06:24 PM
Let us not forget that we need to win over the Republican voters too.

richard1984
09-23-2007, 06:25 PM
Those damn sentimental, bleeding-heart Republicans....

If Ron Paul is the new Ronald Reagan, then it's like comparing a computer from the '80s to a computer today...there is no comparison!!!

Ron Paul rules...everyone else drools....

FrankRep
09-23-2007, 06:31 PM
Those damn sentimental, bleeding-heart Republicans....

If Ron Paul is the new Ronald Reagan, then it's like comparing a computer from the '80s to a computer today...there is no comparison!!!

Ron Paul rules...everyone else drools....

Right, but Ron Paul supports the things the Reagan supporters want.

richard1984
09-23-2007, 06:57 PM

I know. That's what I'm saying--Ron Paul is better than Reagan and will do more of the things that "Reagan supporters" (i.e., conservative Republicans) want.

LibertyEagle
09-23-2007, 07:02 PM
I want a new BARRY GOLDWATER! The hell with Ronald Reagan lol Do you know when the neo cons first got in the whitehouse? With Ronald Reagan

LOL! I liked a lot of what Reagan SAID, unfortunately, he did very little of it. But, you know what, I agree with you. I'd much rather have a new Barry Goldwater, than a new Ronald Reagan and I think Ron Paul is the closest thing to that since Barry ran for President.

LibertyEagle
09-23-2007, 07:07 PM

Yes, this is true. Problem is many don't see that Reagan talked much better than he walked. I compare what Reagan SAID to Ron Paul's actions, quite often. Ron Paul is the only candidate who should have the nerve to even mention his name.

If you haven't already, read "A Time for Choosing". Goldwater's speech, that Reagan delivered. It's amazing.

http://www.reaganfoundation.org/reagan/speeches/rendezvous.asp

JosephTheLibertarian
09-23-2007, 07:58 PM
LOL! I liked a lot of what Reagan SAID, unfortunately, he did very little of it. But, you know what, I agree with you. I'd much rather have a new Barry Goldwater, than a new Ronald Reagan and I think Ron Paul is the closest thing to that since Barry ran for President.

yup.. and Barry was pro choice, my kind of guy!

RP4ME
09-23-2007, 08:01 PM

I thought he chased them out.......silly regean

JosephTheLibertarian
09-23-2007, 08:03 PM
I thought he chased them out.......silly regean

no. Who do you think was Reagan's VP? A skull & bones member, a neo con by the name of George Bush Sr. look it up

FrankRep
09-23-2007, 08:51 PM
I know. That's what I'm saying--Ron Paul is better than Reagan and will do more of the things that "Reagan supporters" (i.e., conservative Republicans) want.

I agree.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-23-2007, 08:53 PM
hmm I think the neo cons pulled an "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" on real conservatives