PDA

View Full Version : "This is a race we can win, and I mean to win it!" - Rand Paul

evilfunnystuff
06-25-2009, 01:42 PM
he needs to just announce officialy that its a full on campaign and move out of the exploratory committe phase

Rand Paul 2010 | U.S. Senate

Rand Paul Money Blast June 29th

Fellow citizens,

Thank you for supporting my Exploratory Committee for the United States Senate. Your generosity has given me the resources to travel the state speaking with Kentuckians about what is important to them, and spread the message of liberty.

This last weekend Kelley and I and the kids travelled to Northern Kentucky and met with conservative business leaders and got a good write-up in the major daily newspaper. On Sunday, I spoke at an Anti-Tax rally.

We are making inroads every day.

Kentucky has a fairly small primary, and with several potential candidates to split the vote, victory is definitely achievable. We are preparing every means of getting our message out, combining direct mail, TV, radio and billboards.

When we combine this effort with the active grassroots support that characterized my father's campaign, we will be a force to be reckoned with.

My most likely opponent is a career politician, a former Democrat whose family still supports Democrats for office. Several political heavyweights and party leaders have already been fundraising for him, and he is expected to post some impressive fundraising numbers by July in an attempt to overwhelm his opponents.

In order to emerge from this onslaught unscathed and maintain our favorable position with the media, I believe we will need to reach at least $100,000 raised by the end of June.

Grassroots supporters are organizing a money blast for June 29th. Can I count on you to once again donate $1,000, $500, $100 or even $25 to keep us competitive and pave the way for a successful campaign?

Government continues to destabilize our economy and confiscate our wealth. Times are difficult for many of us. But this is precisely why we can't afford to send more of the same to Washington. To begin restoring prosperity and freedom to our country, we need to elect people who will defend the Constitution against any kind of political pressure. It would be my honor to represent you in the United States Senate. This is a victory we can achieve together for the liberty movement.

This is a race we can win, and I mean to win it!

Thank you for your support,

Rand Paul
Rand Paul for US Senate Exploratory Committee

Flash
06-25-2009, 01:47 PM
Terrific. June 29th is the next money bomb :D.

Malachi
06-25-2009, 02:14 PM
he needs to just announce officialy that its a full on campaign and move out of the exploratory committe phase

Surely, he has enough sense to wait for a National TV audience to announce the next step....;);)

evilfunnystuff
06-25-2009, 02:34 PM
Surely, he has enough sense to wait for a National TV audience to announce the next step....;);)

not saying he shouldnt try for that but imo we dont have time to wait for the media we need to get the media coming to us ...

when rand announces (and presumably is endorsed by his father in an email to his donor list) he will get some big money rollin in which will get him more attention

the earlier he gets serious about this the earlier we can raise funds and the more time they have to plan the use of those funds in a measured efficient and thriftily manner and the earlier the grassrooots will stop idling and kick into gear on this race

that being said i will be donating on the 29th

maybey everyone who wants him to just announce already should make a donation of $19.84 or something could also make several contributions of the same amount or the real large donaos could do $1,984 or for the ones who really dont want to donate untill he announces they could do a dollar

pahs1994
06-25-2009, 02:35 PM
I am guessing he will announce in July when the numbers come out and they see he has 100k.

evilfunnystuff
06-25-2009, 02:41 PM
I am guessing he will announce in July when the numbers come out and they see he has 100k.

but if he announced now and got an emailed endorsement email from ron tomorrow early in the morning im betting he could have 500k by july

Njon
06-25-2009, 02:47 PM
If he announces I think Glenn Beck's show is the best place to do it, assuming he can get on there. Announcing the exploratory committee on MSNBC was probably not the best move.

pahs1994
06-26-2009, 10:04 AM
but if he announced now and got an emailed endorsement email from ron tomorrow early in the morning im betting he could have 500k by july

I know, but it seems like he doesn't want to call it yet so its not like he is stepping on Bunning. If he waits til the numbers come out and Bunning has nothing and Rand got a nice bit of cash on hand then he can "justify" running against Bunning. Get what i mean?

Stary Hickory
06-26-2009, 06:40 PM
I will donate at least a 100 or so on the 29th maybe 200. I will do a little more if we haven't gotten 100,000 yet.

Gage
06-26-2009, 06:50 PM
Please make sure there's at least more bandwidth whenever Rand eventually does announce, and Ron sends out another email. Thousands were lost when he sent his first one, simply because the site couldn't handle the amount of traffic that could have been foreseen.

TheTyke
06-26-2009, 10:16 PM
Heck yeah! I'm in for $100 or so... let's rock!

Edit: There's more bandwidth now.

Austin
06-27-2009, 10:50 PM
Heck yeah! I'm in for $100 or so... let's rock!

Edit: There's more bandwidth now.

Where'd you hear that?