PDA

View Full Version : Constitutional amendment on parental rights: your thoughts?

disorderlyvision
06-25-2009, 11:27 AM

aravoth
06-25-2009, 11:35 AM
There is no need for a declaration of parental rights. My children do not belong to the United States Government. No piece of paper from the UN or otherwise will ever change that.

Danke
06-25-2009, 11:44 AM
* Article I, Section 10: "No State shall pass any law impairing the obligation of contracts."

* Article VI: "This Constitution, and the laws of the United States... shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every State shall be bound thereby; anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding... All executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by oath or affirmation to support this Constitution."

* Amendment IX: "The enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

* Amendment X: "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

* Amendment XIII, Section 1: "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

Article I, Section 10 effectively guarantees the right to contract and prohibits any State from passing any law that impairs this right. It seems to me that a person who owns his or her body has the right to "contract out" the use of that body for the pleasure of another - provided no rights are violated.

There is also a Common Law principle which states that for there to be a crime, there has to be a victim (corpus delecti). In the absence of a victim there can be no crime.

disorderlyvision
06-25-2009, 11:56 AM
There is no need for a declaration of parental rights. My children do not belong to the United States Government. No piece of paper from the UN or otherwise will ever change that.

Tell that to DFS/CPS

aravoth
06-25-2009, 12:17 PM
Tell that to DFS/CPS

If even half of the parents in the US told CPS what I wrote, what exactly would they do?

pinkmandy
06-25-2009, 12:26 PM
If even half of the parents in the US told CPS what I wrote, what exactly would they do?

I agree.

I also think if this passes there will be parents working locally to spread the word. If CPS actually starts trying to implement this stuff locally they will most likely need bodyguards from the public. I'm not making a threat- I just know parents aren't going to allow this. I know I wouldn't want to be a social worker in my locality trying to take kids from local parents based on a UN mandate. We have one of the highest homeschooling populations in VA, probably one of the highest in the country even. We even have a sports league with hundreds of kids. :D

Sandman33
06-25-2009, 12:41 PM

Yes but when they come marching onto your porch and demanding that you hand your kids over to the state for "government education and skill training" with a legislation backing them what are you going to DO?

When Barry-O signs over the U.N. to govern "Childrens Rights" they can take your kid and throw you in jail for trying to impede thier justice....:mad:

aravoth
06-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Yes but when they come marching onto your porch and demanding that you hand your kids over to the state for "government education and skill training" with a legislation backing them what are you going to DO?

When Barry-O signs over the U.N. to govern "Childrens Rights" they can take your kid and throw you in jail for trying to impede thier justice....:mad:

Honestly, there is not enough jails, not enough manpower to toss even 10% of the parents in the US in jail.

People, regular people, with kids, far outnumber the government and it's military. If they all refused to comply, the government could go ahead and send whoever they wanted to anyone's door. Wouldn't matter. Just tell them to fuck off. If they tried something stupid just coordinate with your neighbors, and everyone physically kick the holy living shit out of them for violating natural law.

I just don't see why parents would feel so neutered by this. You can always choose to change the system, whether it be by a vote, or by forcibly shattering it. But I guess, people are a bit "pusified" nowadays. The other day I saw a group of young teenage boys, and they were wearing womens jeans. What the fuck is that about?

Morale of the story is, don't be a dipshit and stand up for your family. If you think we'll have it bad under this kind of shit, imagine what your childs kids will go through. You either fight it now, deal with the consequences of fighting it now, or your kids are going to grow in the worst kind of government mandated state worship you can imagine.

If people do give a shit about their children, they would tell the UN that they can go fuck themselves. But thats just me. Any parents want to go along with tyrannical bullshit like this go right ahead, they are free to live thier lives in cowardice for all I care. I hope they never get hurt, never get thrown in jail, and I hope they live forever. Their kids might be completely illiterate and unable to form an original thought, completely imprisoned in thier own minds, but at least the parents didn't have to pay a fine, or loose the house they live in.....

Fucking bullshit.

EDIT: Not yelling at you, just had to rant, this shit pisses me off.

Pericles
06-25-2009, 03:45 PM
Honestly, there is not enough jails, not enough manpower to toss even 10% of the parents in the US in jail.

People, regular people, with kids, far outnumber the government and it's military. If they all refused to comply, the government could go ahead and send whoever they wanted to anyone's door. Wouldn't matter. Just tell them to fuck off. If they tried something stupid just coordinate with your neighbors, and everyone physically kick the holy living shit out of them for violating natural law.

I just don't see why parents would feel so neutered by this. You can always choose to change the system, whether it be by a vote, or by forcibly shattering it. But I guess, people are a bit "pusified" nowadays. The other day I saw a group of young teenage boys, and they were wearing womens jeans. What the fuck is that about?

Morale of the story is, don't be a dipshit and stand up for your family. If you think we'll have it bad under this kind of shit, imagine what your childs kids will go through. You either fight it now, deal with the consequences of fighting it now, or your kids are going to grow in the worst kind of government mandated state worship you can imagine.

If people do give a shit about their children, they would tell the UN that they can go fuck themselves. But thats just me. Any parents want to go along with tyrannical bullshit like this go right ahead, they are free to live thier lives in cowardice for all I care. I hope they never get hurt, never get thrown in jail, and I hope they live forever. Their kids might be completely illiterate and unable to form an original thought, completely imprisoned in thier own minds, but at least the parents didn't have to pay a fine, or loose the house they live in.....

Fucking bullshit.

EDIT: Not yelling at you, just had to rant, this shit pisses me off.

Word is that Bushmaster (maker of one of the cheaper ARs) is backordered for 140,000 barrels. This would indicate that some of our fellow citizens are building the capability to enforce their rights vis a vis all comers.

torchbearer
06-25-2009, 03:51 PM
The constitution was written to restrain government, not to tell us what our rights are...
our rights are too numerous to enumerate, the government functions should be few enough to enumerate.
To amend the constitution to grant a right is a dangerously stupid idea the reinforces the ignorance already prevalent in our society today.

disorderlyvision
06-25-2009, 04:45 PM
The constitution was written to restrain government, not to tell us what our rights are...
our rights are too numerous to enumerate, the government functions should be few enough to enumerate.
To amend the constitution to grant a right is a dangerously stupid idea the reinforces the ignorance already prevalent in our society today.

I agree with your assessment that the constitution does not grant us rights. On the flip side, it seems, that if it is not expressly written the government does not seem to think it is "restrained" and regulates it. Of course they already regulate and prohibit our rights, so it probably does not matter either way.

torchbearer
06-25-2009, 04:48 PM
I agree with your assessment that the constitution does not grant us rights. On the flip side, it seems, that if it is not expressly written the government does not seem to think it is "restrained" and regulates it. Of course they already regulate and prohibit our rights, so it probably does not matter either way.

unless their is an amendment that expressly gives any grand jury the power to indict any politician who breaks his oath to uphold the constitution. The penalty- death by hanging.
Burden of proof- voting record for Bills not authorized by the constitution.