PDA

View Full Version : Help Us Reach 400,000 Potential Ron Paul Voters!

Adam Smith
09-23-2007, 04:46 PM
The Macon Georgia Ron Paul MeetUp will have a booth at the Georgia National Fair (http://www.georgianationalfair.com/index.htm)for ten days in Perry, Georgia, October 4-14th, 2007. The event, which is a combination Fair, Livestock Exhibition, and Concert Venue, averages 400,000 visitors per year. With bands like Daughtry, Los Lonely Boys, and Dierks Bentley performing, and with the livestock show being one of the largest in the Southeast, we expect to reach a wide audience of potential voters.

Our booth will be informational and will feature a wide screen flat-panel television playing various Ron Paul-related videos, as well as displaying an assortment of signs and literature covering Ron Paul’s political positions.

In conjunction with the booth, we also plan to hold a straw-poll asking visitors who they would choose for president as well as a “rate your issue” poll asking visitors to list their opinions and priorities on issues such as the IRS, foreign aid, illegal immigration, the environment, etc. We plan to issue press releases in the upcoming weeks notifying state and local media of our straw poll.

All in all, it should be a great way to promote Ron Paul to voters in the South who still typically say, “Never heard of him!” when we are out campaigning.

HERE’S WHAT WE NEED:

SUPPLIES
Because we are a small group, and the sponsoring the booth itself was costly, we are looking for donations of any kind. We would be happy to receive ANY extra campaign materials you have on hand. We need approximately 5,000 pieces of literature, buttons, flyers, etc. Any great DVDs you have that outline RP’s positions are wanted, too.

A/V EQUIPMENT
We are looking for someone to lend us use of a flat-panel television or monitor greater than 30” to catch the eyes of those walking by our display, as well as a DVD player to play our RP movies. (We are hoping an Audio-Visual specialty company might lend equipment in exchange for prominent advertising space.)

MONEY $$$
We expect our expenses for this event to exceed $1,500-3,000. Money donations in any amount to help us cover these expenses would be appreciated.

YOU!
The Georgia National Fair will take place from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. over ten days. Despite most of our members volunteering to work the booth multiple shifts on multiple days we are sorely shorthanded. We would love to have volunteers outside of Middle Georgia come help us out, particularly during the weekdays, but anytime you’re available would be great.

I am so proud to be associated with so many patriotic Americans through this would-be President, Ron Paul. If any of you can donate anything, your time - or even your good wishes - toward this effort, please pm me, or you can contact me at ronpaul.meetup.com/250. (http://www.ronpaul.meetup.com/250)

Valerie Meyers
Asst. Organizer
Ron Paul MeetUp
Macon, Georgia

honkywill
09-23-2007, 04:50 PM
be sure to give me some pointers after this is over!

my group is showing up for the peanut festival in the early part of november. an event that this board helped us manage to get into!

Adam Smith
09-23-2007, 05:05 PM
Will, we are learning on the fly, but I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

Now how about giving us some pointers on how to get the press coverage you seem to keep getting for Ron Paul down there in Dothan, Alabama?

honkywill
09-23-2007, 05:11 PM
Sorry, I have no instructions on how to summon serendipity.

Just stay active and maybe someone will pick up on it. And letters to the editor can't hurt.

honkywill
09-23-2007, 10:26 PM
friendly neighborhood bump.

Lord Xar
09-23-2007, 10:29 PM
I can donate 500 glossy mosaic 2-sided flyers.. they look really really nice. they are 5.5 x 8.5. I can also kick in $50.

Rivington Essex
09-24-2007, 09:55 AM
good luck

markpa
09-24-2007, 10:04 AM
FYI: we just did a fair here in York, PA. We contacted the campaign ahead of time and told them what we were up to and they sent us 10,000 push cards. We had about half left over but we are using them this month for a gun show and as handouts in a parade. I would suggest contacting them if there is time or making the drive to D.C. to pick them up.

Also, we had balloons made and that was a great idea. Children love getting balloons and it's a free advertisment floating around the fair all day. Also, we had a Great dvd playing with 3 1/2 hours of Ron paul on it all the time at our booth. If you are going to set up a dvd player/tv let me know and I can mail you a copy of the dvd.

Good Luck!:D

constituent
09-24-2007, 10:21 AM
i was just in georgia and found the folks i encountered to be highly receptive to his message, and as a suprise to me i found that people of "african-american" ancestry were much less judgemental over the fact that he was a "republican" than their white counterparts (i know, i know, collectivism but i think if there's a group of people who've learned not to trust the 'establishment'... well, it's not the southern belles).

everyone was very very friendly there, were i not so attached to God's country i could probably make a home there as well as anywhere.

PrimarilyPaul
09-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Contact your secretary of state and see if you can get some voter registration forms or print some off on your own ( http://sos.georgia.gov/elections/voter_registration/GA%20VOTER%20REGISTRATION%20%20APP(Fill_2007).pdf ). Georgia is an open primary state so no need to register as a Republican. Remind people they need to vote on Feb 5 for Ron Paul in the primary.

Please note the special requirements for people registering the first time.

http://sos.georgia.gov/elections/voting_information.htm

Adam Smith
09-25-2007, 01:04 PM
Lord XAR and everyone, I am working on getting a PayPal account set up for donations. Lord Xar, I will PM you for your flyers.

Thank you all for all the great suggestions and offers to help!!! I know we are all donating a lot of money for our own projects and to the campaign, but I really think we can gain significant momentum here in the South with our presence at this event.

Keep sending in your suggestions!

Avalon
10-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Hello, I've been handling the scheduling for this and worked Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. We've already had three people come from Atlanta to help out and others from there, Athens, and Columbus are scheduled. We really appreciate all the support! I also must say that the vast majority of fair-goers are not familiar with Ron Paul at all, but most seem very receptive. We're also getting a lot of response from Warner Robins and Macon for the Ron Pauling they received a week ago, overwhelmingly positive. One guy said the downside was that he's already getting weary about campaign signs, much less presidential ones, but he understood when I told him we weren't getting adequate coverage in the media.

With all that said, if anyone (still) wants to help fund this, (I think) you can send money to my newly reactivated paypal account. Just add x86 onto my screenname @yahoo.com

You can also contact me there or over PM here for further details regarding the fair.

Thanks!

MsDoodahs
10-07-2007, 07:39 PM
Thank you for this update!

:)

LibertyEagle
10-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Wow! I never saw this before today. I guess it's kind of late to send any supplies.

Man, we need some way to keep threads like this from getting lost. :(