PDA

View Full Version : Banana Peel Tyranny Sting Operation?

IPSecure
06-25-2009, 04:09 AM
What would it take to setup a Tyranny Sting Operation?

A few thoughts...

Since government has outlawed and regulated just about everything to their benefit.

If propaganda hysteria were manufactured that stated people were in mass, smoking banana peels...

- How long would it take to outlaw and regulate the trade of, and fines charged for possession of banana's?

- Which government agencies would assume control?

- At what cost?

- If you are a banana fan, could we replace with asparagus?

We can document each step the government takes, and figure out who is a tyrant, although I believe it is everyone in Washington DC except Dr. Paul... (Reference: Latest vote on sticking tongues out at Iran.)

mczerone
06-25-2009, 10:06 AM
If propaganda hysteria were manufactured that stated people were in mass, smoking banana peels...

?

I don't see any pol taking this seriously, and I don't see why you think they would.

The historical record of prohibiting substances shows a large lobby effort by competitors to those products which were banned. Prohibiting Cannabis took a gargantuan effort from the well trusted and respected Henry Anslinger (a liar who deserved no respect).

If you really wanted to see if you could arbitrarily outlaw some harmless substance, you need to find a competing industry to lobby for you and some emotional ploy to win over the masses. Like the soft drink industry regulating bottled water 'to protect the environment'. Or the tobacco industry regulating niche cigarettes 'to protect the children'.

Arbitrarily selecting 'banana peels' is useless, will not gain traction, and will confirm to observers that you are a fool (I'm not saying you are, I'm speculating on the average person's reaction). I suggest instead you point out the hypocrisy of those things that are already banned, and where you can point to actual detrimental effects of those prohibitions.