PDA

View Full Version : Iran Interior Minister Accuses US, British Intel. of Funding Rioters

Knightskye
06-24-2009, 10:09 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/gc08/idUSTRE55N27920090624

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran's interior minister on Wednesday accused U.S. spy agency the CIA of helping to fund "rioters," stepping up accusations of Western involvement in street unrest following the country's disputed election.

"Britain, America and the Zionist regime (Israel) were behind the recent unrest in Tehran," Interior Minister Sadeq Mahsouli was quoted as saying by the semi-official Fars News Agency.

"Many of the rioters were in contact with America, CIA and the MKO and are being fed by their financial resources," he said. The MKO (Mujahideen Khalq Organization) is an exiled Iranian opposition group.

(Reporting by Zahra Hosseinian and Hossein Jaseb; Writing by Fredrik Dahl; Editing by Louise Ireland)

There's likely truth to that.

slacker921
06-24-2009, 10:34 PM
we (the US) invested $400,000,000 in Iran to destabilize it (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/2218623/George-W-Bush-raised-400-million-for-action-against-Iran.html). If you don't think some of those millions went towards encouraging, informing, training some of the people who are protesting (most likely without them even knowing they were being trained) then you need to wake up.

purplechoe
06-24-2009, 10:38 PM
Still the same old foreign policy we've been promoting for the last 50 years, I'm not surprised. Hopefully some here will finally open their eyes and stop calling all this a "conspiracy theory".

Knightskye
06-27-2009, 09:43 PM
Still the same old foreign policy we've been promoting for the last 50 years, I'm not surprised. Hopefully some here will finally open their eyes and stop calling all this a "conspiracy theory".

//

Flash
06-27-2009, 10:11 PM
It is probably true, but I still want to see those Islamists Mullah pos'es get their heads chopped off by true Iranians.

Knightskye
06-28-2009, 03:07 AM
It is probably true, but I still want to see those Islamists Mullah pos'es get their heads chopped off by true Iranians.

O_o

I guess we're not all libertarians here.