PDA

View Full Version : "beautiful thing"

Bradley in DC
09-23-2007, 04:02 PM
So, here's my anectodal update that we're doing well. First, yesterday, I pick up some stuff from a guy on Craigslist, we get to chatting, and I chat him up about Ron Paul; he said he'd take a look.

Now, just this afternoon, I'm out front on the sidewalk (with the dogs), "gardening" (when you guys see my house you'll realize how funny that is) after I put the yard sign up on the security bars on the front window (as I promised). So, long story short, a group of 20-somethings visiting one of my neighbors passes on the other side of the street (it's a very small alley street), and one guy yells to me, "A Ron Paul yard sign, that's a beautiful thing." I asked if he were registered in DC, and he said, "No, in Pennsylvania where my vote matters." Kudos to you PA supporters!

Zydeco
09-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Nice!

Here's my anecdote:

I was in a redneck (I use that term with affection, Jeff Foxworthy-style) bar on the Eastern Shore of Maryland last weekend. I was talking to this 25ish girl and politics came up. I asked who she was voting for and she says:

"Ron Paul, and ALL my friends are, too"

If I hadn't been three sheets to the wind I would have been shocked! :D

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-23-2007, 04:12 PM
I've been getting some of these little beauties too. Honks while I'm out and about in town wearing a RP shirt, kids throwing the frisbee by the lake proclaim themselves the Ron Paul Fan Club, honks and waves while I'm out driving with my RP magnetic stickers.

Advertise Ron Paul -- shirts, signs, bumper stickers. Sometimes Ron Paul supporters just need to know there are others to get them fired up.

Stealth4
09-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Lucky.

This weekend drove 250 miles in a car with RP bumper stickers...no honks.

Today wore a Ron Paul 2008 T-shirt, many looks, only one comment. It was from someone who had heard of him but had not researched him yet. I got a good response though after telling her a little about him.

In general I havent had the responses I've heard about from others. Mostly just looks.

chiefsmurph
09-23-2007, 04:22 PM
I'm sure all those looks were just "I can't wait to vote for Ron Paul" looks.

jblosser
09-23-2007, 04:26 PM
If you hear this stuff from people make sure they are registered to vote in the primaries. We will win but only if these enthusiastic people get out and vote, and a lot won't realize they need to do things ahead of time.

cujothekitten
09-23-2007, 04:28 PM
I was waiting to cross the street after leaving the rally yesterday and there was a guy standing there with a sign directing people to the hotel. 7 people that were just walking by commented on it.

Couple: "Ron Paul! Alright"
Guy holding sign: "he's talking right around the corner, it's free to go see him if you have time"
Couple: "Honey do you want to go see him? It's not like there's anything better to do right now" her answer was yes

30 seconds later

Guy: "Ron Paul yeah!"

10 seconds later

Group of young guys: "Yeah! Austin for Ron Paul"
Guy holding sign: "he's speaking right around the corner"
Group of young guys: "Are you fucking kidding me?!"
Guy holding sign: "Go to the hotel... it's free"
Group of young guys: "hell yes! Come on"

honkywill
09-23-2007, 04:28 PM
while i was at work today a trucker, while pointing to a couple liberty cards i had laid down on the counter, said the following...

trucker: did you hear what this guy said?

i register the tone of voice and body language quickly to decide how i will answer.

me: no.
trucker: you wouldn't have these up here if you did.
me: what did he say?
trucker: he was saying 9/11 was our fault and apologizing to iran.

instead of putting him in his place/ putting my job in jeopardy i shut my mouth and let him go.

2nd time ever i've gotten a negative response. oh well.

Ozwest
09-23-2007, 04:29 PM
Scribbler, You deserve honks...Regardless.

Mr. White
09-23-2007, 04:31 PM
while i was at work today a trucker, while pointing to a couple liberty cards i had laid down on the counter, said the following...

i register the tone of voice and body language quickly to decide how i will answer.

instead of putting him in his place/ putting my job in jeopardy i shut my mouth and let him go.

Doesn't it give ya the warm fuzzies to know his vote means as much as yours?

richard1984
09-23-2007, 04:35 PM

That's too bad. You should have at least said, "No he didn't; he said that 9/11 happened largely because we've been attacking them," or something like that.
If, after some sort of similar response, the guy still acted like he worked for Faux News, then you should have dropped it and let him go on his ignorant way.

bygone
09-23-2007, 04:41 PM
http://cookingforbrevitt.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/wtf.jpg

honkywill
09-23-2007, 04:44 PM
That's too bad. You should have at least said, "No he didn't; he said that 9/11 happened largely because we've been attacking them," or something like that.
If, after some sort of similar response, the guy still acted like he worked for Faux News, then you should have dropped it and let him go on his ignorant way.

He would have acted like he worked for Faux News and I wouldn't have dropped it and he's kind of a regular.

I think I'm going to wait until new years rolls around, gobble up my two weeks vacation and find a different brainless job that involves less interaction with people.

honkywill
09-23-2007, 04:46 PM
Thats actually pretty important. Truckers are very vocal amongst themselves.

I've met four pro paul truckers and two anti.

They are very vocal, and the more the more they are vocal the more they are stubborn.

bygone
09-23-2007, 05:00 PM
http://hometown.aol.com/lifeofbrian35/images/SuckAtInternet.jpg

specsaregood
09-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Today, while at the grocery store, wearing my RP shirt.

I was in the middle of pouring coffee beans into a bag, when a guy working at the store says from behind me, "I hate to interrupt you, but I just heard of that guy."
I turned around, "You mean Ron Paul?"
Him: "Yeah, a married couple was in here last week telling me about him."

Long story short, we talked, he was jazzed, I gave him a liberty card, told him to read the resources on the card and told him to join the meetup group if he wanted to hang out with freedom-minded individuals and promote ron paul.

Keep spreading the word. The truth is a virus.

inibo
09-23-2007, 07:15 PM
On my way to a meetup yesterday a guy drives by in a big white SUV and honks (I have three signs in my windows and a bumper sticker on the front and back bumpers). I waved. We are side by side at the next light. He rolls down his window, gives me a thumbs up and says "Get the word out!" I had notice that he had no bumper stickers.

"I got bumper stickers if you want one," I said. He told me to pull over to the side of the road and I gave him a sticker.

When I got home from the meetup, as I was getting out of my car a granola eater walks up to me and says "Ron Paul, huh?"

"Yep," I said.

He tells me he heard about him at the Anti-War march in DC and he liked what he's heard. He told me he lives about a block away from me.

"You want a sign to put in your yard?" I asked. (I've got a bunch in my back seat with stands.)

"Sure."

What a day!

bbachtung
09-23-2007, 08:46 PM
On my way to a meetup yesterday a guy drives by in a big white SUV and honks (I have three signs in my windows and a bumper sticker on the front and back bumpers). I waved. We are side by side at the next light. He rolls down his window, gives me a thumbs up and says "Get the word out!" I had notice that he had no bumper stickers.

"I got bumper stickers if you want one," I said. He told me to pull over to the side of the road and I gave him a sticker.

When I got home from the meetup, as I was getting out of my car a granola eater walks up to me and says "Ron Paul, huh?"

"Yep," I said.

He tells me he heard about him at the Anti-War march in DC and he liked what he's heard. He told me he lives about a block away from me.

"You want a sign to put in your yard?" I asked. (I've got a bunch in my back seat with stands.)

"Sure."

What a day!

Ron Paulitics makes strange bedfellows.

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-23-2007, 08:50 PM
Ron Paulitics makes strange bedfellows.

I don't think he was implying they exchanged anything more than signs. ;)