View Full Version : Obama To Hand Parental Rights Over To Global Council

Magicman
06-24-2009, 06:22 PM
Taken from sources:

Obama To Hand Parental Rights Over To Global Council

To: 0
Date: Jun 24, 2009 7:13 PM
Subject: Obama To Hand Parental Rights Over To Global Council

Here is a matter that requires your immediate response. The Headline in the examiner.com says it all, "Obama Administration seeks to hand parental rights over to global council..."

Earlier this week, it was reported that US administration officials are seriously considering ratifying the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC). This would allow an INTERNATIONAL GOVERNING BODY to have final authority over parental rights in the US. In essence, US parents would have to abide by the decisions made by this global body, which would also take precedence over our US Constitution.

DON'T LET OBAMA CONTINUE TO DIMINISH THE POWER OF THE US CONSTITUTION!

Ten things you need to know about the substance of the CRC:
Parents would no longer be able to administer reasonable spankings to their children.
A murderer aged 17 years and 11 months and 29 days at the time of his crime could no longer be sentenced to life in prison.
Children would have the ability to choose their own religion while parents would only have the authority to give their children advice about religion.
The best interest of the child principle would give the government the ability to override every decision made by every parent if a government worker disagreed with the parent's decision.
A child's "right to be heard" would allow him (or her) to seek governmental review of every parental decision with which the child disagreed.
According to existing interpretation, it would be illegal for a nation to spend more on national defense than it does on children's welfare.
Children would acquire a legally enforceable right to leisure.
Christian schools that refuse to teach "alternative worldviews" and teach that Christianity is the only true religion "fly in the face of article 29" of the treaty.
Allowing parents to opt their children out of sex education has been held to be out of compliance with the CRC.
Children would have the right to reproductive health information and services, including abortions, without parental knowledge or consent.

Get all the details about this effort here. Then, you should call and let your voice be heard.Then, you should call and let your voice be heard.

Call the White House comments line at 202-456-1111.

Call UN Ambassador Susan Rice at the United Nations at 212-415-4000, and dial 6 to leave your message.
OR dial the Public Diplomacy Office at 1-212-415-4050 and leave a message.
OR dial her office directly at 1-212-415-4404. Again, you will need to leave a message.

This is not a message they want to hear, so do not expect a cordial reception. The important thing is to get the message through. It is important that you make this call today. A decision by the President is imminent.

Magicman
06-24-2009, 06:26 PM
I found this on the internet and am trying to verify this claim.

Does anyone see a proper source for this? It says the Examiner but I cannot find the story.

risk_reward
06-25-2009, 08:08 AM
I found this on the internet and am trying to verify this claim.

Does anyone see a proper source for this? It says the Examiner but I cannot find the story.

Yes, it is true and has been mentioned here many times over the last several months.

The fact is that liberty people don't care about parental rights. Liberty people think it is fine if the government wants to raise children as long as we have a gold standard.

acptulsa
06-25-2009, 08:42 AM
The fact is that liberty people don't care about parental rights. Liberty people think it is fine if the government wants to raise children as long as we have a gold standard.

Well, sorry, but this is an unwarranted fallacy. Maybe one gets more attention than the other. But sometimes a story is just so sad all one can do is shake one's head.

An international body. Nothing like having a Swede, a native of India and a Brazilian deciding if someone in Dogshit, Nebraska is living up to local standards of child rearing. Talk about a long, long way from the source! All this and destruction of the Constitution and sovereignty too...

And when we refuse to recognize its spurious authority? Will we be innundated with baby blue helmets trying to overrun our own Constitutionally-elected sheriffs? Why are they trying to deliberately bring such confrontations to pass?! :confused:

torchbearer
06-25-2009, 08:45 AM
Yes, it is true and has been mentioned here many times over the last several months.

:rolleyes:

Danke
06-25-2009, 08:59 AM
"liberty people"?

What's that?

risk_reward
06-25-2009, 09:02 AM
Well, sorry, but this is an unwarranted fallacy. Maybe one gets more attention than the other. But sometimes a story is just so sad all one can do is shake one's head.

An international body. Nothing like having a Swede, a native of India and a Brazilian deciding if someone in Dogshit, Nebraska is living up to local standards of child rearing. Talk about a long, long way from the source! All this and destruction of the Constitution and sovereignty too...

And when we refuse to recognize its spurious authority? Will we be innundated with baby blue helmets trying to overrun our own Constitutionally-elected sheriffs? Why are they trying to deliberately bring such confrontations to pass?! :confused:

The sad part of the whole thing is that for a change it is all being done constitutionally. Ron Paul nor any over the other supposed liberty people don't care about preserving liberty as long as you take away people's liberty using constitutionally approved methods.

This movement isn't about liberty, it is a constitution worship collective.

torchbearer
06-25-2009, 09:07 AM
it is a constitution worship collective.

the constitution was written to restrain the central government so that we could have liberty. it oulines cleary what the government can do- all else is forbidden.
The government gets its authority from the constitution. If it isn't following the constitution- where does it get its authority?
From its militarized class of people who now protect it and not the people's rights.

acptulsa
This movement isn't about liberty, it is a constitution worship collective.

Nonsense. We are a group saying, hey, this is our law, freaking obey it!!

Both the ninth and tenth amendments prohibit the abuses detailed in this thread. By signing on to this, Obama is using the Constitution as toilet paper. The solution is as simple as obeying the Constitution--the law of the land.

This crap is illegal. Nothing Constitutional about it at all. And I hope that when it gets there, we have a nice, big crowd picketing the Supreme Court and keeping their robed asses honest.

CJLauderdale4
As a father of five living in the South, I can honestly tell you that the Feds can take some of our money, and Feds can control parts of the economy, and the Feds can even try to regulate our firearms.

But if the Feds think they can tell us what to do with our children, they have no idea what swarm of wrath will descend on them.

Look at the uproar over how the LDS church in Texas was treated, or countless other State chidlren/families departement lawsuits....

We already fight the Feds and States on immunizations, homeschooling, etc. Now some unelected bureaucrat from Europe to East Asia is going to tell me how many children I can have, what drugs they need, what disciplinary measures I can take!!

If Obama doesn't want to see a new rise of the South (led by the evangelical churches themselves), he'd better think again. Just my opinion and perspective of the Southern culture.

SimpleName
06-25-2009, 11:26 AM
I can't wait until children are suing their parents for taking away their allowance. UGH! The UN will surely use this to force excessive vaccines and Ritalin on children with "ADHD." Nothing better than global elites deciding how your child's body functions.

aravoth
06-25-2009, 11:45 AM
If any parent allows the UN or the US Government to supersede their decisions, then they are as worthless as the US congress. I really don't give a shit what the UN says. If every parent in the US didn't give a shit either, none of this would mean anything. What would the government do? Place every child in America under it's "protection"? Yeah..... good luck with that.

Pepsi
06-25-2009, 11:48 AM
Demand that they Support Ron Paul's H.R. 1146, to get the United States out of the United Nations

http://www.votervoice.net/Groups/JBS/?Screen=alert&IssueId=17531&SessionID=%24AID%3d972%3aSITEID%3d-1%3aVV_CULTURE%3den-us%3aTARGETID%3d-1%3aAPP%3dGAC%24

pinkmandy
06-25-2009, 11:49 AM
If any parent allows the UN or the US Government to supersede their decisions, then they are as worthless as the US congress. I really don't give a shit what the UN says. If every parent in the US didn't give a shit either, none of this would mean anything. What would the government do? Place every child in America under it's "protection"? Yeah..... good luck with that.

+ 1