PDA

View Full Version : Dropping Out Part 2

kathy88
06-24-2009, 05:23 PM
I just read Nate's post about rededicating his efforts elsewhere and just realized that I have done the same thing, in a different direction. My husband and I are both recovering alcoholics and he had a bad slip recently which put him in rehab for a while. Hopefully he will get the help he needs. When I first quit drinking, I was very active in helping other alcoholics and due to my obsession with politics I stopped. My husband's recent experience has led me back to my old habits of getting involved with my fellow alcoholics in recovery. I realized just this week how much I missed it, missed my friends and how unhealthy I had become. So although I will continue to help the cause financially whenever I can, I probably won't be posting much, but I'll stop in from time to time. If there are any worthwhile causes, send me a pm and I'll try to help. I haven't felt this good in years. I love all you guys (even Kludge :) and look forward to an RP run in 2010.

Thanks for all the discussions and laughs!

Kathy

JK/SEA
06-24-2009, 05:26 PM
You can leave, but never walk away......

Carole
06-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Wow! Best wishes to you and good for you helping other recovering Alcoholics. :)

Sandman33
06-24-2009, 05:39 PM
Wow! Best wishes to you and good for you helping other recovering Alcoholics. :)

YEAH! Get me a beer!:D

Kidding, but there's no reason that you can't do both.

clowns789
06-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Kidding, but there's no reason that you can't do both.

Yeah, but I think everyone can agree that helping alcoholics is more important.

Sandman33
06-24-2009, 06:00 PM
Yeah, but I think everyone can agree that helping alcoholics is more important.

I'd rather be a free alcoholic than an alcoholic slave.:D