PDA

View Full Version : Pondering writing a series of tracts..

GreenCardSeeker
06-24-2009, 01:45 PM
mainly one in support of freedom of speech, like John Milton's old Areopagitica, but for a modern audience that's not necessarily religious. I just wonder how much an essay like that would matter today with all the media buzz. I feel strongly for freedom of speech and would love to argue for it on TV or similar, but I won't get the opportunity, so maybe writing a tract would be a good idea.

I'm also pondering making one about why you can't trust government to run things, focusing on the problem of them being paid more, the more problems society has, hence they have no real incentive to actually solve these problems. As a Swedish saying goes: "Their solutions - our problems". No matter how much you pay government to solve something, the problem will still remain and always has to be taken care of by the people themselves.

My documentary that I released earlier this month wasn't a dramatic success, but looks like there's been around a thousand completed downloads across all the torrent sites I put it on. I'm still hoping it'll break through.

I wonder if there would be a large audience for these tracts - would having essays that make good arguments for these liberties have an impact?

I'm also pondering putting up a large content site with essays like these, various philosophical reflections, instructions on how to make videos with Amazon ads that make it worthwhile etc. So far I've never tried blogging for a profit myself, is it still worth it?