PDA

View Full Version : "I did not have sexual relations with that woman!"

Brian4Liberty
06-24-2009, 01:21 PM
I have watched just a little coverage of the Sanford issue so far, and I am already sick and tired of the phony moral outrage and indignation from the media. Most of the media are a bunch of sex addicts. Most politicians are too. Heck, most of the country is.

The damn celebrity magazines and entertainment shows are filled with marriage-children-divorce (in that order, and it usually only takes 3 years from start to finish). Am I supposed to listen to moral outrage from these people?!

Bill Clinton had multiple affairs and at least one child out of wedlock while his was Governor. Everyone knew about it. And we all know what he did while in office.

Look at the GOP field last year. McCain and Thompson with their younger trophy wives. Giuliani was on what number wife (he probably lost count)?

This country has NO problem with adulterers, unless you are bucking the elite (like Elliot Spitzer or Mark Sanford)...

As far as I know Sanford was a fiscal conservative, and not a right-wing-religious conservative. If that is true, at least he wasn't a hypocrite, like the phony preachers (religious and non-religious) who always end up caught in some crazy situation.

Obviously the media knew about this before they made an issue out of his disappearance. And I can't take this moral outrage from those people, who set him up and knocked him down.

Brian4Liberty
06-24-2009, 02:06 PM
Sheppard Smith on Fox News was interviewing a Democrat from SC and asked her if she had already known about Sanford's affair. She said "no", and Sheppard had a big grin and said "come on, you must have known, the newspapers in SC have know for months". She denied it again.

The media all knew exactly what was going on...

Brian4Liberty
06-24-2009, 03:26 PM
A blast from the past... :D

YouTube - Clinton, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiIP_KDQmXs)

satchelmcqueen
06-24-2009, 05:03 PM
same for me. i dont think cheating on your spouse is good at all, but most of the media and everyone else has done it, so they need to stfu.

nate895
06-24-2009, 05:12 PM
I obviously have a problem with Sanford's affair, but there is no need for a witch hunt and coverage of unsubstantiated allegations from those who are sinners themselves. Let him and his family discuss this matter in the peace and privacy of their own home and church, and pray that he repents and comes to the Lord and turns from his sinful ways.

klamath
06-24-2009, 05:33 PM
Sanford is done as far as presidential material is concerned for me. Integrity is one of the reasons I like RP so much. I have lost trust for the man and I would never feel safe to have him carry the banner of freedom for me. I did that with Bush and never again.

That being said I think the media are purely loving this to destroy fiscal conservatives when in fact they don't really give a damn who he cheated on or what.

thasre
06-24-2009, 05:38 PM
I have to confess a little moral outrage at the fact that Sanford has been on this big "Hey, look at me, I'm proud to be a libertarian" kick and now everyone is going to associate mainstream libertarianism with people who cheat on their wives.

That being said, I think he probably handled the confession etc. better than basically any other politician who gets caught.

Sean
06-24-2009, 05:49 PM
The big thing with me is when they cheat on the Constitution. With Clinton the big thing was lying in court during a sexual harassment case. Remember the liberals were the ones that pushed sexual harassment lawsuits.

James Madison
06-24-2009, 09:43 PM
Sanford is done as far as presidential material is concerned for me. Integrity is one of the reasons I like RP so much. I have lost trust for the man and I would never feel safe to have him carry the banner of freedom for me. I did that with Bush and never again.

That being said I think the media are purely loving this to destroy fiscal conservatives when in fact they don't really give a damn who he cheated on or what.

I disagree with you. Thomas Jefferson didn't exactly have a stellar moral track-record, but I still regard him as one of the most influential people in human history. Everyone makes mistakes; it's how we choose to make amends for those mistakes that defines a man.

tpreitzel
06-24-2009, 09:54 PM
And some people keep saying hollowly, "I don't care what people do in the bedroom", in reference to politicians, but here's another example (Sanford) of why that statement is patently idiotic. Unfortunately, morals DO translate to politics regardless of the intensity of the naysayer's howl. If a politician's wife can't trust the man, why should the public trust the man with political power? "Oh, those things can be separated..." oh, no, those things can NOT be separated no matter how loudly those hollow words are shrieked. Time has proven it again and again and again and again .... that morals DO reflect in ALL aspects of a person's life. With that said, even people with stronger morals have problems and need to watched just as closely. The spirit is willing. The flesh is weak.

speciallyblend
06-24-2009, 10:06 PM
well if sanford was smart. he should of just brought the lady into his bedroom with his wife for some fun. don't hide ,just share and enjoy the love together;) or is it ok for republicans to have affairs as long as they do not include their wife for a threesome???

i mean if your gonna have a fling at least keep them both happy by introducing them. then it might get more interesting;) i mean there are log cabin republicans. why not tricycle republicans;)

speciallyblend
06-24-2009, 10:09 PM
And some people keep saying hollowly, "I don't care what people do in the bedroom", in reference to politicians, but here's another example (Sanford) of why that statement is patently idiotic. Unfortunately, morals DO translate to politics regardless of the intensity of the naysayer's howl. If a politician's wife can't trust the man, why should the public trust the man with political power? "Oh, those things can be separated..." oh, no, those things can NOT be separated no matter how loudly those hollow words are shrieked. Time has proven it again and again and again and again .... that morals DO reflect in ALL aspects of a person's life. With that said, even people with stronger morals have problems and need to watched just as closely. The spirit is willing. The flesh is weak.

yeah but she had curvy hips and tan lines and the way she held her girls in the moonlit, dam sanford should work for playboy forums:)

it wasn't sanford's fault . hips don't lie;) snickers it's the bootys fault not his.jj

Bman
06-24-2009, 10:10 PM
well if sanford was smart. he should of just brought the lady into his bedroom with his wife for some fun. don't hide ,just share and enjoy the love together;) or is it ok for republicans to have affairs as long as they do not include their wife for a threesome???

i mean if your gonna have a fling at least keep them both happy by introducing them. then it might get more interesting;) i mean there are log cabin republicans. why not tricycle republicans;)

Threesomes = ok
Behind your wifes back = not ok

tpreitzel
06-24-2009, 10:16 PM
yeah but she had curvy hips and tan lines and the way she held her girls in the moonlit, dam sanford should work for playboy forums:)

it wasn't sanford's fault . hips don't lie;) snickers it's the bootys fault not his.jj

Whadd'ya expect us out of control, hormonally driven nutcases to say? ;)

P.S. Mark, unless your wife wasn't giving you any, learn to be thankful and satisfied with what you got! ;)

Brian4Liberty
06-24-2009, 11:17 PM
The big thing with me is when they cheat on the Constitution. With Clinton the big thing was lying in court during a sexual harassment case. Remember the liberals were the ones that pushed sexual harassment lawsuits.

I had the same thought. All of our government swears to defend the Constitution, yet the vast majority of them violate that contract.

Brian4Liberty
06-24-2009, 11:18 PM
I obviously have a problem with Sanford's affair, but there is no need for a witch hunt and coverage of unsubstantiated allegations from those who are sinners themselves. Let him and his family discuss this matter in the peace and privacy of their own home and church, and pray that he repents and comes to the Lord and turns from his sinful ways.

And let those who are without sin cast the first stone...

Pod
06-24-2009, 11:38 PM
It goes to show the man has no honor. But we already knew that. You don`t go and spit in the face of a woman who birthed you four sons unless you are a giant douche.

Brian4Liberty
06-24-2009, 11:39 PM
It goes to show the man has no honor. But we already knew that. You don`t go and spit in the face of a woman who birthed you four sons unless you are a giant douche.

Or one daughter like Clinton?

Pod
06-24-2009, 11:40 PM
Or one daughter like Clinton?

Or one daughter.

yaz
06-25-2009, 03:15 AM
I disagree with you. Thomas Jefferson didn't exactly have a stellar moral track-record, but I still regard him as one of the most influential people in human history. Everyone makes mistakes; it's how we choose to make amends for those mistakes that defines a man.

you took that directly from judge napolitano

gb13
06-25-2009, 03:18 AM

I don't know about you guys.. but I'm going to take James Madison's word on this one.

James Madison
06-25-2009, 07:18 AM
you took that directly from judge napolitano

I did? When and where did he say that?:confused:

The_Orlonater
06-25-2009, 09:00 AM

It's not about that, his presidential race is done.

klamath
06-25-2009, 09:33 AM

I agree that all people make mistakes and it is how they learn from those mistake that matter. However when you make certain mistakes it will cost you the rest of your life. Cheating on his spouse cost Sanford my vote for president. Fidelity is one requirement I have on the job application form for the most powerful office in the world.

It doesn't detract from the good things Sanford has done in office. Just as Jefferson's good deeds are still good deeds despite his many failings. We look back on Jefferson as a whole in history and his good deeds out weigh his bad. Maybe Sanford would do more good than bad but I have been burned by supporting a candidate I had mistrust in before voting.
I Supported Bush to carry the banner of nonintervention, free markets and fiscal conservatism and he has utterly destroyed that banner. I now do not have the trust in Sanford to hand him the banner to represent my beliefs.

A leader carring your banner that falters, will do your cause far more harm than all the attacks in the world from the opposition.

James Madison
06-25-2009, 10:43 AM
I agree that all people make mistakes and it is how they learn from those mistake that matter. However when you make certain mistakes it will cost you the rest of your life. Cheating on his spouse cost Sanford my vote for president. Fidelity is one requirement I have on the job application form for the most powerful office in the world.

It doesn't detract from the good things Sanford has done in office. Just as Jefferson's good deeds are still good deeds despite his many failings. We look back on Jefferson as a whole in history and his good deeds out weigh his bad. Maybe Sanford would do more good than bad but I have been burned by supporting a candidate I had mistrust in before voting.
I Supported Bush to carry the banner of nonintervention, free markets and fiscal conservatism and he has utterly destroyed that banner. I now do not have the trust in Sanford to hand him the banner to represent my beliefs.

A leader carring your banner that falters, will do your cause far more harm than all the attacks in the world from the opposition.

I agree with everything you're saying. If a man is willing to break the most sacred and holy oath to his wife (wedding vows) then imagine what other oaths he's willing to break.

SimpleName
06-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Are we to expect much more from the media? They make stories, they don't tell you them. Mainstream media is in the business of fabricating news, not presenting the news to you. Mark Sanford was at least honest with the whole situation. Giuliani and Clinton covered up their dealings. Clinton even had a big press conference insisting he didn't get involved. Politicians are power hungry by nature (not to mention dishonest) and this kind of activity is to be expected from them, nevermind the fact the studies show around 60% of the GENERAL population have cheated on a "significant other." For politicians, the number is probably upwards of 80%. It is just a fact of life.

I also have loved the talk about how this will affect the GOP as a whole. What reject makes their view of a whole political party and ideology based on two dopes cheating on their wives? I'm sure it will have an effect because there are a lot of those "rejects", but people have to be real. We should all assume by now that politicians are cheating on their wives and deal with it, no matter the party. I wouldn't want them representing me, but it will never be a surprise. People do stupid things.

Brian4Liberty
06-25-2009, 01:23 PM
I agree with everything you're saying. If a man is willing to break the most sacred and holy oath to his wife (wedding vows) then imagine what other oaths he's willing to break.

There are plenty of politicians who remain married to one women, and at the same time they lie, cheat, steal, kill and use the Constitution like toilet paper (which they take an oath to protect and defend). I fail to see any connection to marriage. Humans are humans. No one is perfect.

Reason
06-25-2009, 01:33 PM
This country has NO problem with adulterers, unless you are bucking the elite

So you think Clinton was "bucking the elite" then? lol

Brian4Liberty
06-25-2009, 01:35 PM
So you think Clinton was "bucking the elite" then? lol

He survived didn't he? They put on the proper dog and pony show. And of course many Republicans did want to get rid of him. And there were other issues he should have been impeached on. His infidelity was a distraction.

klamath
06-25-2009, 01:56 PM
There are plenty of politicians who remain married to one women, and at the same time they lie, cheat, steal, kill and use the Constitution like toilet paper (which they take an oath to protect and defend). I fail to see any connection to marriage. Humans are humans. No one is perfect.

I won't vote for neither constitution oath breakers or marriage oath breakers.
Sandford was carring the banner for millions of antibailout people, now he has done more harm to the movement than Arnold the terminator. He has demorallized and enbittered many that were backing his good fight. As more people drop out in disgust at politics it rests on his shoulders.

swed
06-25-2009, 02:02 PM
Yes no one is perfect indeed, but sanford has proven he cannot be trusted. I give him brownie points for being antibailout though.

literatim
06-25-2009, 03:43 PM
Yes no one is perfect indeed, but sanford has proven he cannot be trusted. I give him brownie points for being antibailout though.

That would depend on what you mean by being trusted. He is an asshole cheater and deserves being criticized as such. On the basis of intelligence, he acted like an idiot by having an affair while being in the spotlight. He should have been more moral and wiser.

On the other hand, stuff such as a marital affair is usually held over the person to keep him in line, forcing them to play along with the elite. Sanford clearly did not want to be blackmailed into submission.

TGGRV
06-25-2009, 04:04 PM
By the way, let's put it this way. Nobody who breached a contract, default a loan etc can't be trusted.

Bman
06-25-2009, 08:00 PM
By the way, let's put it this way. Nobody who breached a contract, default a loan etc can't be trusted.

This isn't about contracts, it's about honesty.

Example of acceptable vs unacceptable.

Premise: Man is having an affair.

Acceptable: Hey honey I'm going over to the neighbors to have sex, I'll see you later tonight.

Unacceptable: Hey Honey I'm going to be home late tonight, I really have a lot of work to catchup on.

Sure, we all tell lies no one is perfect. But as far as lying goes this lie shows me you are capable of some pretty sick shit.

TGGRV
06-25-2009, 08:24 PM
This isn't about contracts, it's about honesty.

Example of acceptable vs unacceptable.

Premise: Man is having an affair.

Acceptable: Hey honey I'm going over to the neighbors to have sex, I'll see you later tonight.

Unacceptable: Hey Honey I'm going to be home late tonight, I really have a lot of work to catchup on.

Sure, we all tell lies no one is perfect. But as far as lying goes this lie shows me you are capable of some pretty sick shit.
Not fulfilling a contract means you're dishonest.

Bman
06-25-2009, 08:39 PM
Not fulfilling a contract means you're dishonest.

It certainly does, but how far will you go is the question. I'd think someone who cheats in the example I gave will go pretty far.

If I were to put this on scale I would say this rates pretty high. The reason is that this action can lead to blowback with a penalty of death at a much higher rate than many other actions.