PDA

View Full Version : Phone call from Fred

surf
09-23-2007, 02:08 PM
know this has been posted before, but i just got a call from Fred. i asked the person introducing the call if she'd heard about Ron (she hadn't), then asked her to look him up before she shipped me off to Fred.

Fred concluded by saying that if i wanted to discuss Fred more, i should stay on the line. i did. i talked to a gal for a long time about Ron and why i didn't think Fred would do more than persist in foreign intervention bankrupting the country. She said "Fred's a federalist. My parents were both school teachers and they believed that local government is best."

"So Fred must be against 'no child left behind,' like your parents would be, correct?" She didn't know. We also discussed my belief that "Fred can't beat Hillary" because the majority of the country is against the war - "that's not true," was her response.

She called him a Ronald Reagan "uniter" bringing in Democrats, Republicans, and independants.

Anyway, we talked for a couple minutes and she offered me a lapel pin, a bumper sticker, and a chance to be in the Fred club for a mere $200. i told her that there already is a bumper sticker on my car, thanked her for her time, asked her again to investigate Ron, and let her go.:)

it was much more enjoyable than i imagined it would be.

bygone
09-23-2007, 02:09 PM
http://black.packbawky.com/pics/ImInUrDryer.jpg

hopeforamerica
09-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Nice work!

stevedasbach
09-23-2007, 02:11 PM
I got a call from Fred today too. Told the caller I was solid for Ron Paul and hung up.

ThePieSwindler
09-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Hey maybe we should start doing this.. except for the getting paid to do it part and asking for 200 dollars part...

FunkBuddha
09-23-2007, 02:27 PM
I keep missing my Fred call... I see it on the caller ID but when I call it back I get a stupid Fred message.

jb4ronpaul
09-23-2007, 02:31 PM
Hey maybe we should start doing this.. except for the getting paid to do it part and asking for 200 dollars part...

good idea, maybe we could start with NH

stevedasbach
09-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Interesting that we all seem to be getting Fred calls. Either some website that we've all provided information to (including phone numbers) has sold him their list (I wonder what their privacy policy says) or Fred's campaign is harvesting info from FEC filings (which is illegal).

RonPaulStreetTeam
09-23-2007, 04:12 PM
hey I want a Fred call!!!
No fair!
I never even got a Ron Paul call =(

stevedasbach
09-23-2007, 04:21 PM
If Fred is using a firm, at least 40% of funds raised is being eaten up in commissions. Since he appears to be propecting, rather than calling proven Fred donors, the cost of funds is likely much higher than 40%. He must be desperate to boost his gross fundraising numbers -- otherwise he wouldn't be resorting to expensive telemarketing.

ItsTime
09-23-2007, 04:56 PM
its real easy to start these calls. Open your personal phone book and start calling your friends, those who agree with you ask them to call there friends and so on.