View Full Version : Barry Cooper For Texas Attorney General

FrankRep
06-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Barry Cooper For Texas Attorney General

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=92436195823

Libertarian Barry Cooper to run for Attorney General of Texas
January 16th, 2009

http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2009/01/libertarian-barry-cooper-to-run-for-attorney-general-of-texas/

"Within 30 days of being sworn in as Attorney General of Texas, I will order every Police Chief and Sheriff in the state to travel to Austin and attend my three-day conference outlining how the Texas Criminal “Injustice System” is going to change.

Just as police must be tazed to carry a tazer, all police will have to spend a night in jail... (away from the population for safety) as part of their yearly sensitivity training. This certainly would have helped me be a more compassionate officer if I had had to smell the smells, hear the sounds, feel the lonliness and eat the food in our Texas prisons.

Since all citizen lawsuits against police will go to my office, I will have a "Zero-Tolerance" policy regarding any officer who performs an illegal search and/or violates a citizen's civil rights. I will pay the citizens a settlement and the officer will be fired immediately.

I will begin approving lawsuits from prisoners living in overcrowded and inhumane conditions. This will force the private and state prisons to release the non-violent citizens of Texas, because the prisons will not be able to afford the high cost of paying prisoners for legitimate civil rights violations.

I will invite the ATF out of Texas, allowing voters to decide what gun laws are to be enforced. Full protection of the Second Amendment is a key component of my campaign platform.

I will make the enforcement of any marijuana-related crimes the absolute lowest priority for Texas law enforcement. I will also be quick to consider any searches or arrests for marijuana "unreasonable." This will not only discourage marijuana arrests in Texas but will also get cops to start going after the real criminals.

I may not be able to make the laws as your Attorney General, but I can approve any lawsuits from citizens who were arrested for using a harmless plant.

In closing, I'm not soft on crime -- I'm just hard on unjust and unfair laws.

And thanks in advance for your vote!"

-Barry Cooper

Kotin
06-23-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm in..

god knows michael mccaul would be awful..

Greg Abbot hasn't been that bad.. but still.

james1906
07-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Barry Cooper For Texas Attorney General

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=92436195823

Libertarian Barry Cooper to run for Attorney General of Texas
January 16th, 2009

http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2009/01/libertarian-barry-cooper-to-run-for-attorney-general-of-texas/

"Within 30 days of being sworn in as Attorney General of Texas, I will order every Police Chief and Sheriff in the state to travel to Austin and attend my three-day conference outlining how the Texas Criminal “Injustice System” is going to change.

Just as police must be tazed to carry a tazer, all police will have to spend a night in jail... (away from the population for safety) as part of their yearly sensitivity training. This certainly would have helped me be a more compassionate officer if I had had to smell the smells, hear the sounds, feel the lonliness and eat the food in our Texas prisons.

Since all citizen lawsuits against police will go to my office, I will have a "Zero-Tolerance" policy regarding any officer who performs an illegal search and/or violates a citizen's civil rights. I will pay the citizens a settlement and the officer will be fired immediately.

I will begin approving lawsuits from prisoners living in overcrowded and inhumane conditions. This will force the private and state prisons to release the non-violent citizens of Texas, because the prisons will not be able to afford the high cost of paying prisoners for legitimate civil rights violations.

I will invite the ATF out of Texas, allowing voters to decide what gun laws are to be enforced. Full protection of the Second Amendment is a key component of my campaign platform.

I will make the enforcement of any marijuana-related crimes the absolute lowest priority for Texas law enforcement. I will also be quick to consider any searches or arrests for marijuana "unreasonable." This will not only discourage marijuana arrests in Texas but will also get cops to start going after the real criminals.

I may not be able to make the laws as your Attorney General, but I can approve any lawsuits from citizens who were arrested for using a harmless plant.

In closing, I'm not soft on crime -- I'm just hard on unjust and unfair laws.

And thanks in advance for your vote!"

-Barry Cooper

He also needs to make it a point to keep out suspicionless checkpoints and do away with red light cameras.