PDA

View Full Version : Outreach: The Liberty Rider NEEDS YOUR HELP!

Paulitical Correctness
06-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Less than two weeks left for the ChipIn. The goal is $6,000 by July 4th.

There's a little over a thousand left. Come on guys!

I'll make an offer. It's not as good as Cowlesy's, but hopefully it'll inspire some donations.

I will match up to 15 unique donations in this thread equal to or under $10.00, and will make it no less than $5.

Meaning, each individual that donates between $5-$10 will be matched accordingly. Anything over $10 will get $10, and anything under $5 will still get $5.

If fifteen people give ten dollars, I will give 150. If fifteen people give 3 dollars, I will give 75.

I hate to cap it, but $150's as high as I can go. I doubt 15 of you will step up anyway. ;)

Offer ends in 24 hours (3:12 PM Central Time)

http://libertyrider.com/support/

:)

AdamT
06-23-2009, 02:48 PM
What's going on with the ChipIn meter below? I swear I saw it above $5K earlier today and now it's barely over $4,500.

Paulitical Correctness
06-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Hmm. That's odd... when sluggo bumped the other thread yesterday it said we had $1120.70 left.

torchbearer
06-23-2009, 02:54 PM
it shows 5006.97.

AdamT
06-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Something wacky is definitely going on with the ChipIn total. It goes up/down all the time. Good to see it's back over $5K now though :)

sluggo
06-23-2009, 06:54 PM
bump

LibertyEagle
06-23-2009, 07:01 PM
Ok, I'll start it.

Your Receipt

Your contribution to Ride For Honesty Support has been processed via PayPal:

ChipIn Event Title: Ride For Honesty Support
ChipIn Event Organizer: Ron Paul Riders (Grassroots) (xxxxxx@gmail.com)
Transaction ID: 236aa4b4e9d71c47
Contribution Amount: $10.00
Contribution Date: June 23, 2009 7:58 PM CDT

Should you have any questions regarding this contribution, contact us by going to http://contact.chipin.com.

Thank you for using ChipIn - the easy way to collect money.

Paulitical Correctness
06-23-2009, 07:30 PM
Thanks LE! <3

Read this write up if you're on the fence!

Constitutional philosopher on cross-country ride

Michael Maresco stopped in Sapulpa Friday afternoon as he pedals “from the Statue of Liberty to Alcatraz” in his one-man effort to raise understanding and awareness of the United States Constitution and what it means to a free people.

By Brian Patrick
Herald City Reporter

Published: Saturday, June 20, 2009 12:13 PM CDT

Michael Maresco is a man on a mission. “I’m riding from the Statue of Liberty to Alcatraz because that’s the way I believe this country is going,” he said outside the Creek County Sheriff’s Office Friday afternoon.

The Hawaii resident and New York native stopped in Sapulpa Friday afternoon on a Trans-continental bicycle ride that, when completed, will have taken him from New York City to San Francisco. He is stopping at sheriffs’ offices in every county he crosses during his ride.

Riding a bicycle and pulling a cart behind, Maresco displays five flags on a small flagpole attached to the cart. Each flag has meaning, he said. Beneath the Stars and Stripes, Maresco displays a 1776 Gadsden flag, commonly known as the “Don’t Tread On Me” flag.

The Gadsden flag, he says, was part of his inspiration for embarking on his journey. Maresco was shocked by a Department of Homeland Security report issued last spring labeling anyone flying the Gadsden flag, military veterans, those promoting anti-illegal immigration, anti-abortion or low tax views as potential terrorists.

“The final straw for me was labeling the veterans as potential terrorists,” Maresco said. “The freedom movement is not a domestic enemy. The guys in suits in New York and London are.”

In addition to the Stars and Stripes and Gadsden, Maresco flies the Washington Cruisers flag which the self-described “unorthodox Christian” considers a personally symbolic flag due to its bearing the words “an appeal to heaven,” and the First Continental Regular flag.

Maresco said he has taken one day of rest since beginning his ride on May 24. “It’s me alone pedaling, but there is 160,000 in a grass roots group supporting me,” he said. “I pedal alone, but I’m never more than a phone call away from help if I need it.”

Maresco said he has been joined at times by six other riders, all met during his trip, including one man who rode with him for 40 miles.

“People are fed up with the way this country is going and they’re ready for solutions,” he said. “I’m telling them that there are people that are working on solutions and that they are having success,” he said. “I think I’ve had two people that said ‘no, I’m not interested’”.

Maresco said the biggest challenge he has faced during his ride was climbing Pennsylvania’s Timmons Mountain. “I got a post on my blog asking if I was aware that that is where France sends its cyclists to train for the Tour de France,” he said.

The three-mile-long, 13 percent grade climb proved daunting for Maresco, who does not consider himself a cyclist although the journey marks the 48-year-old’s second time crossing the country by bicycle. Maresco is crossing the country on a $250 bicycle he said he purchased at Walmart.

“I’m a big fan of alternative fuels,” he said. “Environmentalists have abused their trust.”

Maresco said his biggest challenges have been logistics. “I have 100 counties to go through,” he said. “There’s 100,000 supporters we’re trying to rally to get the message out.” Maresco is handing out copies of the Constitution to people he meets on his journey. He said all of his literature, clothing and resources must fit into the cart he pulls.

Maresco spends his nights in motor courts and campgrounds.

Maresco said his ultimate goal during his ride is to get people back in touch with the Constitution. “I like the idea of keeping government local,” he said. “If, say, California wants to have socialized medicine, great. Let them have socialized medicine.”

“We have to learn that every time people have tried to set up a centralized government, absolute power corrupted and millions of people died,” he said. “Human nature doesn’t change.”

“Liberty demands responsibility,” Maresco said, “ and passing along a better world to our kids is part of being civilized.”

I'll be back tomorrow! I hope to return to more matches. Keep this bumped, someone! (sluggo? :D)

LibertyEagle
06-23-2009, 10:40 PM
Who is next? :)

C'mon, 10 bucks and Paulitical Correctness will match it.

JoshLowry
06-23-2009, 10:44 PM
In for ten!

6/23/2009
Receipt ID 240f74c13adbe482
Paid By: RonPaulForums.com Members (josh.manuel@gmail.com)
For: Ride For Honesty Support
Method: PayPal (josh.manuel@gmail.com) Total: $10.00

JoshLowry
06-23-2009, 11:35 PM
Bump for money! Even you can cough up 10 bucks.

Optatron
06-24-2009, 02:41 AM
Kokesh or Rider? ...Decisions decisions...

Cowlesy
06-24-2009, 04:46 AM
good grief you guys ---- cough up $10 and get the match!!!!!

Paulitical Correctness
06-24-2009, 10:34 AM
Thanks Josh!

Only 2/15 slots filled? 20 bucks? C'mon guys. :(

Less than 4 hours left.

Paulitical Correctness
06-24-2009, 03:11 PM
Time's up!

SHAMEFUL!! :mad:

Oh well, matched (and multiplied).

6/24/2009
Receipt ID ad02f49e08586260
Paid By: Paulitical Correctness (*****@yahoo.com)
For: Ride For Honesty Support
Method: PayPal
Total: $100.00

PS - this is the second time my card's been blocked from paypal. :confused::mad:

LibertyEagle
06-24-2009, 03:16 PM
Time's up!

SHAMEFUL!! :mad:

No kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!

disorderlyvision
06-26-2009, 01:38 PM
bump