PDA

View Full Version : What's Peter Schiff's net worth?

brandon
06-23-2009, 09:40 AM
Is this public information? Anyone have any idea?

I'd imagine it would be somewhere between $5 mil and $50 mil

I'm just trying to get an idea of how much he would be able to self fund his campaign.

TCE
06-23-2009, 10:48 AM
Is this public information? Anyone have any idea?

I'd imagine it would be somewhere between $5 mil and $50 mil

I'm just trying to get an idea of how much he would be able to self fund his campaign.

A bunch of his formerly liquid assets are now in gold. He can't self-fund nearly enough. He can provide MAYBE 10 percent.

ctiger2
06-23-2009, 11:25 AM
I'd bet he'd be willing to put $50-100K on the line up to the primary. After that I'd see a limit of $500K. I just don't see him shelling out tons of money to win a job he doesn't even really want. He's already stated that he'd only serve 1 term.

brandon
06-23-2009, 11:32 AM
It might end up being a good investment for him, even if he doesn't win. All the publicity would most likely bring europac a bunch of new clients.

MRoCkEd
06-23-2009, 11:39 AM
I don't know the exact number but I do know this:
$1,000 fell out of his pocket as he was boarding his private jet set to fly to Dubai. He noticed, but didn't bother picking it up.

brandon
06-23-2009, 11:41 AM
lol, is that a true story? Where did you hear that?

MRoCkEd
06-23-2009, 11:42 AM
It came to me in a dream last night.

brandon
06-23-2009, 11:43 AM
Just did a google search and found that this was discussed before on RPF. No one had an answer though...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=169664&page=2

dannno
06-23-2009, 11:44 AM
$1,000 fell out of his pocket as he was boarding his private jet set to fly to Dubai. He noticed, but didn't bother picking it up.

Youtube or it didn't happen

Chase
06-23-2009, 03:40 PM

By the time the bill made it to the floor of the jet, it had already lost its purchasing power due to inflation.

JasonC
06-23-2009, 04:25 PM
call his show and ask.

tomorrow 8 eastern www.europac.net

LibertyEagle
06-23-2009, 05:13 PM

If that is true, and I doubt it, it would make him a dumbass and someone I would not donate a dime to.

MRoCkEd
06-23-2009, 06:05 PM
If that is true, and I doubt it, it would make him a dumbass and someone I would not donate a dime to.
The other day he didn't feel like waiting for one of his servants to go get some toilet paper, so he just used a stack of 100's.

bander87
06-23-2009, 08:42 PM

Nonsense! Peter doesn't carry cash.

Jeremy
06-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Nonsense! Peter doesn't carry cash.

oh right he used some silver bars

Danke
06-23-2009, 09:30 PM
The other day he didn't feel like waiting for one of his servants to go get some toilet paper, so he just used a stack of 100's.

Stop with all this shit!

Brassmouth
06-23-2009, 09:36 PM
a job he doesn't even really want. He's already stated that he'd only serve 1 term.

:rolleyes:

Oh please. If he didn't want it, he wouldn't even entertain the notion. Altruism is a fantasy.

If he does get in, I'd bet everything I own that he'll try to stay in as long as he possibly can. Power corrupts. So do gigantic pensions, political favors, and false prestige.

MCockerill08
06-24-2009, 09:04 AM
:rolleyes:

Oh please. If he didn't want it, he wouldn't even entertain the notion. Altruism is a fantasy.

If he does get in, I'd bet everything I own that he'll try to stay in as long as he possibly can. Power corrupts. So do gigantic pensions, political favors, and false prestige.

I don't think it's that he doesn't desire power. I think he just would find it boring, because he's smarter than most of these bureaucrats.

And altruism DOES exist. People are primarily motivated by self-interest, but ALL OF US (other than the occasional sociopath, most of whom enter politics anyway) have done selfless acts in our lives!

Mitt Romneys sideburns
06-25-2009, 12:18 AM
He has stated before his personal assets are only 2 million.

Brassmouth
06-25-2009, 12:53 AM
I don't think it's that he doesn't desire power. I think he just would find it boring, because he's smarter than most of these bureaucrats.

Most of the top dogs in politics (Rockefeller, Cheney, etc) are very intelligent. Of course they're intelligent. They've made themselves wildly wealthy exploiting others. Ethical bankruptcy does not imply stupidity, not by any means.

That said, being revered as a politician, gaining special interest favor, and taking advantage of the litany of other government privileges will more than cancel out any "boredom" he may experience.

And altruism DOES exist. People are primarily motivated by self-interest, but ALL OF US (other than the occasional sociopath, most of whom enter politics anyway) have done selfless acts in our lives!

Upon reflection, you'll find that humans engage in your so-called selfless acts primarily for emotional or psychological profit. That is the motivation. There is no such thing as a selfless act.

Regardless, you're dreaming if you think anyone enters the State apparatus for so-called selfless reasons. The system is such that corruption is inherent.

G-Wohl
06-25-2009, 02:18 AM
Regardless, you're dreaming if you think anyone enters the State apparatus for so-called selfless reasons. The system is such that corruption is inherent.

I take great issue with this. Not in the sense that I think people enter the Senate for selfish reasons. In fact, I think ALL people enter politics for selfish reasons. Obviously, one must consider which selfish reasons are moral ones, and which ones are not.

Some men enter politics to use the power to their advantage, cause turmoil, use coercive power, and pillage the rights of the citizens to their dishonest gain.

Men like Schiff, however, are the most selfish, and the most moral, of all those that entertain a political career, because they intend to make the changes that ensure individual rights. And when they ensure individual rights, they do so to further their own interests. However, when they further their own interests in this respect, they in turn give this higher moral political system to everyone else.

The founding fathers fought for their own freedoms - an act of total selfishness. It's merely natural and unavoidable that if they were able to fight to allow themselves their own individual rights, then it would in turn allow all others, who allow that government to exist, their individual rights as well. That's the most selfish act one can engage in - and we must remember, that selfishness is in fact the greatest virtue men can possess.

So why call it corruption? It would be blatant package-dealing to confess such an improper and illogical belief.

Objectivist
06-25-2009, 02:43 AM
Why don't you email him and ask?