PDA

View Full Version : Radio ad

BillyDkid
09-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Ok, here is an ad for the radio that I threw together as best I could. I hope at some point to put it on a local radio station or two - maybe for the primary and (keep our fingers crossed) for the general election. It's not perfect, but it's not awful. It's not James Earl Jones with the New York Philharmonic in the background. But the whole point is the message. It's a message the would appeal to me. I put it on sound click because I didn't know where else to put it. It should be at the top of the page. Thanks, BDK

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=10768

Givemelibertyor.....
09-23-2007, 01:01 PM
I like it. Is it okay for some of us to put it to use on our local stations?

BillyDkid
09-23-2007, 01:17 PM
I like it. Is it okay for some of us to put it to use on our local stations?Well, yeah, you are completely welcome to use it in anyway you want. I'm glad you like it. I have more ideas and would like to record more. There is a limit to how much you can get into 60 seconds and there's lots of things to say about Dr. Paul.

ronpaulyourmom
09-23-2007, 01:19 PM
I think that ad is great. If you setup a donation drive I'll definitely pitch in.

BillyDkid
09-23-2007, 01:32 PM
I think that ad is great. If you setup a donation drive I'll definitely pitch in.
Well, thanks, but I don't think I could bring myself to ask people to contribute - I don't feel competent to put the money to the best use in terms of the best effect. However I am happy to give anyone free use of the ad and to contribute financially to placing it. I have it on a cd as a cda file and I have it on my desktop as an MP3 and will email it to anyone who wants it. I really don't know the appropriate format. I am not sure of the quality you can get directly from the SoundClick site.

bygone
09-23-2007, 01:35 PM
http://www.dougfowler.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/amend.jpg

ronpaulyourmom
09-23-2007, 01:38 PM
a tad sobering, but it induces reflection, which is very important for us. It'll also stick out on the radio. I mean the exciting emphasis on every word in radio ads makes me zone out these days.

You'll may need to be willing to provide new voicework at the very end when you say who paid for the ad. PAC's for example might need to reference themselves by name. I'm not 100% sure to be honest.

I recommend you contact OperationNH.com, send them the ad and see if they like it.

katao
09-23-2007, 01:45 PM
Just a tad on the boring, sobering side... perhaps thats appropriate. It's a good ad.

In some markets, on some stations (more sophisticated) it is great.
In other markets, on other stations (rock stations for example), not so good.

Please someone with knowledge about radio ad purchasing head this effort up. We need ads desperately in the key states (NH, Iowa, SC, Wyoming).

Geronimo
09-23-2007, 01:46 PM
I like it. It sounds kind of like Ben Stein.

Lord Xar
09-23-2007, 01:47 PM
In some markets, on some stations (more sophisticated) it is great.
In other markets, on other stations (rock stations for example), not so good.

Please someone with knowledge about radio ad purchasing head this effort up. We need ads desperately in the key states (NH, Iowa, SC, Wyoming).

I have three coming out on Tuesday.... I have handle on this. They will be fully available for everyone.

BillyDkid
09-23-2007, 01:47 PM
a tad sobering, but it induces reflection, which is very important for us. It'll also stick out on the radio. I mean the exciting emphasis on every word in radio ads makes me zone out these days.

You'll may need to be willing to provide new voicework at the very end when you say who paid for the ad. PAC's for example might need to reference themselves by name. I'm not 100% sure to be honest.

I recommend you contact OperationNH.com, send them the ad and see if they like it.

Is operationNH part of the formal campaign?

mavtek
09-23-2007, 01:51 PM
Good stuff

Lord Xar
09-23-2007, 01:53 PM
Is operationNH part of the formal campaign?

no. nothing grassroots can be associated with HQ. operationHN is a seperate grassroots endeavor.... as is my thing "Americans United for Liberty"... I have things in que.. tuesday, radio commercials come out for availability, and in about 10 days 2 commericals with one to follow. I will hopefully have my commercials availablle to work in unison with operationNH... but I am 'not' part of that but will make my resources available for additional alternatives for those who participate.

BillyDkid
09-23-2007, 02:56 PM

I recommend you contact OperationNH.com, send them the ad and see if they like it.Lord Xar, you must be able to speak to this since you have made those ads. What are the rules? I'm not PAC or anything and I have never seen or heard an ad where the people sponsoring it named themselves as individuals. What are the rules? It seems utterly absurd and unAmerican that a person like me should even have to be concerned about this. If I want to buy radio airtime to support my chosen candidate I should be free to without putting my name on it (which I don't have a problem with except it makes the ad sound silly.) and it's not like anyone who wants to know who bought the ad can not find out.

LibertyEagle
09-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Ok, here is an ad for the radio that I threw together as best I could. I hope at some point to put it on a local radio station or two - maybe for the primary and (keep our fingers crossed) for the general election. It's not perfect, but it's not awful. It's not James Earl Jones with the New York Philharmonic in the background. But the whole point is the message. It's a message the would appeal to me. I put it on sound click because I didn't know where else to put it. It should be at the top of the page. Thanks, BDK

It's good, but on some of these we need to start adding in 1-800-RON-PAUL. Thus far, if people don't have the internet, we are not giving them any contact information. You'll also need to deal with the disclaimer at the end. There are strict rules for disclosing who is paying for the ad. If you don't want to use your own name, maybe one of the guys will roll this under their PACs.

BillyDkid
09-23-2007, 03:53 PM
It's good, but on some of these we need to start adding in 1-800-RON-PAUL. Thus far, if people don't have the internet, we are not giving them any contact information. You'll also need to deal with the disclaimer at the end. There are strict rules for disclosing who is paying for the ad. If you don't want to use your own name, maybe one of the guys will roll this under their PACs. Well, maybe I will just delete the end and offer it up for use if people want to use it and they can tack on whatever they need to at the end. Actually, they don't even have to use the recording and just use the text if they want. All I care about is getting people to know what is at stake and learn about Ron Paul. Actually, I didn't even know about the 800 number. As far as it goes with me, if I just change it and say I paid for the ad using my name, that will be fine, right? I would feel silly doing it - like a one man band, but I would do it to get RP's name out on the radio and to give people an idea what he is about.

Lord Xar
09-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Lord Xar, you must be able to speak to this since you have made those ads. What are the rules? I'm not PAC or anything and I have never seen or heard an ad where the people sponsoring it named themselves as individuals. What are the rules? It seems utterly absurd and unAmerican that a person like me should even have to be concerned about this. If I want to buy radio airtime to support my chosen candidate I should be free to without putting my name on it (which I don't have a problem with except it makes the ad sound silly.) and it's not like anyone who wants to know who bought the ad can not find out.

PM me... I can give you my number, and we can talk. Then I list your ad under my PAC and make it available that way.. pm me..

lucius
09-23-2007, 04:09 PM
Nice Job!

Here is another radio ad; we tweaked Lord Xar text and then Revolution9 produced it. I will run it on a very late-night local metal show, figured our target audience will be drunk and well-baked but it doesn't cost much to run. June and Ward Cleaver will not hear this. It must have a disclaimer tacked to the beginning, "This ad paid for by supporters of Ron Paul." Feel free to use it as well, the GD might have to be bleeped out...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=753622

mport1
09-23-2007, 04:23 PM

That is really good.

Matt Collins
09-23-2007, 09:24 PM
It sounds like a weather alert or something which is good because it catches people's attention BECAUSE it's so dry.

Instead of "support" you should say "vote for RP in the upcoming primary race on xxxx" and then give the date.

Remember we are trying to get votes, nothing else. All we want is to get people to vote for Ron Paul, that's all that matters presently.

Also it's a bit vague which can be good to get people more curious and to google him or goto the website. However name recognition is the name of the game in this primary (this is why it's an uphill battle).

Pending the format station and the listening audience, you might touch on a few key points: get us out of Iraq, eliminate income tax, end drug war, illegal immigration etc etc.. But again what specific points you decide to touch on will depend on the audience. Each audience should have a custom tailored ad.

I have a minor in marketing and work at a major conservative talk radio station as a producer.

BillyDkid
09-24-2007, 06:31 AM
Nice Job!

Here is another radio ad; we tweaked Lord Xar text and then Revolution9 produced it. I will run it on a very late-night local metal show, figured our target audience will be drunk and well-baked but it doesn't cost much to run. June and Ward Cleaver will not hear this. It must have a disclaimer tacked to the beginning, "This ad paid for by supporters of Ron Paul." Feel free to use it as well, the GD might have to be bleeped out...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=753622I really like your ad.

speciallyblend
09-24-2007, 01:24 PM
Well, yeah, you are completely welcome to use it in anyway you want. I'm glad you like it. I have more ideas and would like to record more. There is a limit to how much you can get into 60 seconds and there's lots of things to say about Dr. Paul.

Do i have to join the site to even listen to it?

Givemelibertyor.....
09-24-2007, 01:27 PM
Look for the low quality link

Man from La Mancha
09-24-2007, 02:05 PM

I like it but many don't have access to computers, could you give the Ron Paul toll free number out also?

lucius
09-24-2007, 02:32 PM
I really like your ad.

Thank you, I like yours as well...this r3VOLution is alot of fun!

BillyDkid
09-24-2007, 03:26 PM
Do i have to join the site to even listen to it?
No, you just can't listen to the high quality version (so to speak). Just click the lowfi option (whatever they call it).