PDA

View Full Version : Here it comes.

Sandman33
06-22-2009, 08:50 PM
This is it folks. This IS the last shove that will push us off the cliff.

If we don't push back after this one I'm afraid it will be too late.

YouTube - !!!!!! LAUTENBERG TO INTRODUCE BILL TO CRIMINALIZE 70% OF AMERICA MONDAY !!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl9ES2p-ySA)

sluggo
06-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Good video.

Need to spread the word about this, folks.

If you're an NRA member you need to get on the phone and DEMAND that they oppose this bill without compromise.

sluggo
06-22-2009, 09:36 PM
These Democratic Congressman who told Eric Holder that they would NOT support another AWB should be contacted.

http://www.nraila.org/media/PDFs/AWBLettertoHolder309.pdf

We need to remind them that gun control doesn't play well around election time.

pinkmandy
Who is going to do the disarming? That's what I wonder. I don't think our military would do it. Maybe under McCain they would have but I'm not so sure they'd do it for Obama. I'm not sure but I'm guessing most military folks lean conservative and believe in gun rights? In rural areas like mine I can't see the local police doing it, either because of fear of retaliation from the locals. The people here like their guns.

Danke
Ya, Alex Jones played this on his show.

Everyday, more and more laws.

roho76
06-22-2009, 09:40 PM
My Uncle has 45 guns and there all mine when he kicks it and nothing is going to stop that. I grew up shooting those guns with him on the weekends while learning responsible gun safety etiquette. Fuck them. Bring it on. I'm done following the fucked up laws in this country.

Pericles
06-22-2009, 11:07 PM
OK, so what is the bill number?

pinkmandy
06-22-2009, 11:14 PM
HR 2159 I think.

http://republicbroadcasting.org/?p=1864

The terrorists in the federal government are continuing their push to infringe on everyone’s natural right to defend themselves. More specifically, a new bill has been introduced that would allow the Attorney General to deny the transfer of a firearm or the issuance of a firearm to a known or suspected dangerous terrorist. The bill is HR 2159 or the Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act of 2009. This legislation is incredibly disturbing because since the 9/11 false flag terror attacks, the government has been utilizing the bogus war on terror as a pretext to label a myriad of people as domestic terrorists. In this Orwellian world that we live in, supporters of the Constitution, liberty oriented individuals and even anti-war protesters are now being considered domestic terrorists. With this in mind, this legislation will allow the government to deny an individual the right to bear arms by simply stating that they are a suspected terrorist. In this world we are moving into, everyone will be a suspected terrorist, so it is convenient that something like this would be proposed.

The purpose of the bill is described below. The language clearly states that its purpose is to authorize the government to deny firearms to anyone who they consider to be a known or suspected terrorist.

To increase public safety by permitting the Attorney General to deny the transfer of a firearm or the issuance of firearms or explosives licenses to a known or suspected dangerous terrorist.

Section 2 of the bill grants the Attorney General the authority to deny the sale or transfer of firearms or firearms/explosives licenses to so-called dangerous terrorists. They can do this based on the sole discretion of the Attorney General. So if the Attorney General believes that an individual is in some way, shape or form engaged in terrorism or suspected of terrorism, they will be given the authority to deny access to firearms from this person.

SEC. 2. GRANTING THE ATTORNEY GENERAL THE AUTHORITY TO DENY THE SALE, DELIVERY, OR TRANSFER OF A FIREARM OR THE ISSUANCE OF A FIREARMS OR EXPLOSIVES LICENSE OR PERMIT TO DANGEROUS TERRORISTS.

(a) Standard for Exercising Attorney General Discretion Regarding Transferring Firearms or Issuing Firearms Permits to Dangerous Terrorists- Chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, is amended–

(1) by inserting the following new section after section 922:

‘Sec. 922A. Attorney General’s discretion to deny transfer of a firearm

‘The Attorney General may deny the transfer of a firearm pursuant to section 922(t)(1)(B)(ii) if the Attorney General determines that the transferee is known (or appropriately suspected) to be or have been engaged in conduct constituting, in preparation for, in aid of, or related to terrorism, or providing material support thereof, and the Attorney General has a reasonable belief that the prospective transferee may use a firearm in connection with terrorism.’;

In Section 922B the bill provides a definition for terrorism which is defined as the following.

‘(36) The term ‘terrorism’ means ‘international terrorism’ as defined in section 2331(1), and ‘domestic terrorism’ as defined in section 2331(5).

The Attorney General would use this definition of terrorism in their decision making process. Looking at just the definition of domestic terrorism in U.S. Code, it becomes obvious why we should be concerned. Below is the definition of domestic terrorism.

(5) the term “domestic terrorism” means activities that -

(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;

(B) appear to be intended –

(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and

(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States.

With this broad definition of domestic terrorism in mind, a radio talk show host or an individual operating a web site could be considered a domestic terrorist because they could be considered to be coercing a civilian population. This bill would then authorize the Attorney General to disallow someone from owning a firearm based upon this insane definition of what constitutes a domestic terrorist.

This is an incredibly insane piece of legislation. Unquestionably anyone who attempts to undermine an individual’s natural right to defend themselves by owning a firearm using lawyer tactics and hard to understand legislative language and references is a terrorist. An unarmed population is an enslaved population, and that’s exactly what these nihilistic scumbags in Washington DC want to do. They want to make all of us slaves.

Anti Federalist
06-22-2009, 11:30 PM
OK, so what is the bill number?

What a surprise, W supported the same bill introduced back in 2007.

http://lautenberg.senate.gov/assets/terrorgap/Cheney_DOJ_Drafted_Bill_Re_Dangerous_Terrorists_Ac t_2007.pdf

http://lautenberg.senate.gov/newsroom/record.cfm?id=314817&

I'm still looking for the Senate Bill number, it may not be assigned yet, but the title is:

Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act of 2009

OK, according to thomas.gov, the companion bill in the House is:

H.R.2159

And this thing has been laying around since April.

Just waiting to make hay with the GAO report.

Nothing on Thomas from the Senate yet.

pinkmandy
06-22-2009, 11:34 PM
Rahm is going to work overtime to push this through. :mad:

"If you are on the no-fly list, because you are a suspected terrorist, you cannot own a handgun in America."

"If you're on that no fly list, your access to the right to bear arms is canceled. Because you're not part of the American family. You don't deserve that right."

YouTube - Commie Rahm Emanuel to Disarm America:"#1 Issue", Gun Owners are Terrorists (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vp7f1QKYmg)

Politicallore
06-22-2009, 11:37 PM
Good video.

Need to spread the word about this, folks.

If you're an NRA member you need to get on the phone and DEMAND that they oppose this bill without compromise.

If??? Why does it matter? Do it anyway

silverhawks
06-22-2009, 11:47 PM

+1776!!!

It doesn't even matter if you're a gun owner or not! This legislation sets the legal precedent for the Federal Government to strip you of constitutional rights based on their SUSPICION that you may cause trouble at some point.

We're not just talking the 2nd amendment here, we're talking every inalienable right suddenly being treated as if it is removable by government decision.

sevin
06-22-2009, 11:55 PM
When will they be voting on this?

South Park Fan
06-22-2009, 11:56 PM
We should be bombarding Congress with e-mails about this.

american.swan
06-23-2009, 12:08 AM
we should be bombarding congress with e-mails about this.

no!!! Call and fax

sevin
06-23-2009, 07:24 AM
umm... bump.

This thread needs a better title.

pinkmandy
06-23-2009, 01:31 PM
umm... bump.

This thread needs a better title.

Agreed. I don't think people know how important the info is in this thread and aren't reading it. Moving it to G Central might be a good idea, too.

mczerone
06-23-2009, 01:36 PM
Nothing we do will stop Congress if TPTB have bought the key votes they need on the fringes. I do encourage some effort to make your voice heard, however, so that there is evidence that we are numerous and sane, and have valid complaints, but our representatives do not represent us.

Now is the time to stop consenting. No Representation without Consent!

puppetmaster
06-23-2009, 02:30 PM
5:25 pause it and read it.....it is US in a nutshell!!

JK/SEA
06-23-2009, 02:37 PM

Bring it. No guts, no glory Mr. Senator.
Why call? why bitch. Let it happen. Its time.

Sandman33
06-23-2009, 03:12 PM
Who is going to do the disarming? That's what I wonder. I don't think our military would do it. Maybe under McCain they would have but I'm not so sure they'd do it for Obama. I'm not sure but I'm guessing most military folks lean conservative and believe in gun rights? In rural areas like mine I can't see the local police doing it, either because of fear of retaliation from the locals. The people here like their guns.

The thing is Mandy that they don't plan on using the army or something to just rush in and take everyones guns.

They will do this one by one, person by person. Sending in ATF or Homeland security agents to do it.

You're already seeing agents show up to NRA members homes and asking to see all of their weapons and verify serial numbers etc.

Trust me on this one, they are going to introduce legislation later stating that registered gun owners are subject to search and verification at ANY time whether you are home or not. And if your gun is not "properly" secured by their standards, which means in a SAFE with a hidden key or combination you will be taken to jail and your weapons will be confiscated.

But the real issue is that NOW in congress they are voting to disallow anyone to purchase a gun thats on thier no fly list.....that THEY make up out of thin air and keep classified.

So you can't even know whose on the list, and the list has well over a million people on it, and now they have no second amendment. Their rights are gone...simply because the govt says so. No reason. Guilty untill....forever. Proven innocent or not there isnt even a CRIME..

This is the most UN American thing I have ever seen.