PDA

View Full Version : Best Topic for Soccer Moms?

Trassin
09-23-2007, 11:50 AM
What is the best single topic or line to say to Soccer Moms? I'm thinking about trying to hit up some of the local high school / college / club sporting events and want input on what message I should go with?

I'm thinking "No more blood for oil! Vote for Ron Paul!" but haven't made up my mind for sure yet.

Anyone have any suggestions or even better yet a flyer made specifically for this crowd?

angelatc
09-23-2007, 11:51 AM
The draft, for sure.

Mandatory physcological screening for school kids.

njandrewg
09-23-2007, 11:54 AM
tell them w/o IRS...they'll be able to buy more shoes

ronpaulitician
09-23-2007, 11:54 AM
Their kids' futures.

The US dollar now trades lower than the Canadian dollar.
The potential for a draft.
The rising healthcare costs.
The loss of freedoms.
etc.

ItsTime
09-23-2007, 11:55 AM
The draft, for sure.

Mandatory physcological screening for school kids.

Mandatory drugging of your children as well. Autism and things on that line. Home schooling, more choices of education because we all know no kid left behind has not worked.

bcmiller
09-23-2007, 12:26 PM
War on drugs... Soccer moms are notorious for precription abuse... they would love to be able to toke a few after the school bus leaves.

but seriously,
I would say the IRS and by extension the war that would be the billpayer for the lost revenue from the removal of the IRS. You can't talk about one without the other.

hopeforamerica
09-23-2007, 12:35 PM
For this soccer Mom, it's all about my kid's future. The economy, our foreign policy, police state...everything! But maybe for those not too enlightened soccer Mom's, the never ending wars that we have gotten into.

Lord Xar
09-23-2007, 12:36 PM
I would say, keeping their taxes to help pay for their child's education... stopping overcrowding at schools (illegal immigration)...

maiki
09-23-2007, 12:53 PM
School freedom issues: being able to choose what where and when the children learn.

The war, but that varies with the part of the country you are in.

Trassin
09-23-2007, 01:10 PM
Awesome, thx guys

Mandatory physiological screening for school kids

I was actually thinking about going with this.

Something along the lines of "Prevent your children from becoming government guinea pigs! Support Ron Paul today!"

bygone
09-23-2007, 01:19 PM
http://www.dormgear.net/images/Freedom-of-speech.gif

RP4Life
09-23-2007, 03:12 PM
tell them w/o IRS...they'll be able to buy more shoes

I was thinking IRS, but didn't make the shoe-closet connection.

"Say, Mrs. Soccer Mom, how would you like to not pay taxes on your income? Would you be willing to go to the polls and cast a vote for Ron Paul? By doing that simple act, you would save hundreds of thousands of dollars over your lifetime. Think about it, and don't waste your vote on some business as usual media darling."

If Ron Paul does get elected, he needs to add an amendment to the Constitution which makes all future elections take place on the internet. Because us internet people know what's good for all the people.

And as he has pointed out; if the election were held today on the internet, he'd win in a massive landslide.

And only the NeoCons would lose.

angelatc
09-23-2007, 03:18 PM
I would say, keeping their taxes to help pay for their child's education... stopping overcrowding at schools (illegal immigration)...

The elimination of government subsidized loans is probably not a topic for an intro to Dr Ron Paul. I also think that eliminating the IRS sounds a bit nutty at first.

The federal debt that the children are inheiriting is though.

born2drv
09-23-2007, 03:19 PM
i think you guys are missing the obvious ---- education

tell them that the federal government has been destroying our public education system, and that we need to eliminate the department of education and put control back into the state and local communities, and to allow charter schools and private schools to flourish with school vouchers, to bring some much needed competition in the education system.

Trassin
09-23-2007, 03:22 PM
I'm looking for 10 word shock value. Something that can grab their attention so they will take the time to look closer at the candidate.

I hate this type of campaigning but it is necessary for certain demographics.

bygone
09-23-2007, 03:23 PM
http://www.pcw.gr/uploads/phantom/lol%20keyboard.jpg

SlapItHigh
09-23-2007, 04:44 PM
I don't really think you are going to find one key issue that appeals to "soccer moms". What I would do is just hand them the newest Slim Jim from the campaign. It appeals to more left leaning people and that view is more commonly held amoung women - http://www.ronpaul2008store.com/servlet/Detail?no=8 . Most people will take a slim jim if you just hold your hand out with one in it. You don't have to give a spiel. IME most people at least glance at it before tossing it aside. If they glance and see something that catches their eye, they probably won't toss it. Give it to them as they are leaving (do it in the parking lot). Then they don't have a trash can to throw it in and it will be sitting there with them at the next red light...something to read?

bygone
09-23-2007, 04:51 PM
http://www.souptree.net/blog/images/rabbit_pancake.gif

Matt Collins
09-23-2007, 09:39 PM
Talk about education and how the government doesnt do a good job educating people, especially the federal government, and that RP has stated he wants to change that.