PDA

View Full Version : The 25 Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in the United States

clb09
06-22-2009, 07:26 PM
http://www.walletpop.com/insurance/most-dangerous-neighborhoods

Your Odds of Being a Victim

Why neighborhoods and not cities? Even the cities with the highest crime rates can have relatively safe neighborhoods, and thus it is less useful to generalize about an entire city. But using exclusive data developed by Dr. Schiller at NeighborhoodScout.com, and based on FBI data from all 17,000 local law enforcement agencies, our gallery counts down the 25 neighborhoods with the highest predicted rates of violent crime in America.

revolutionary8
06-22-2009, 07:28 PM
http://www.walletpop.com/insurance/most-dangerous-neighborhoods

Please tell me that Capitol Hill is on that list. Pretty Please? :o I can't look.

Objectivist
06-22-2009, 07:34 PM
Salinas, California based on per capita crime is ahead of some of the cities listed, but then they only have 140,000 people living there.

And I have to walk around that place daily.:cool:

Anti Federalist
06-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Nahhh...ain't gonna say it.

muh_roads
06-22-2009, 07:49 PM
$10 says minorities are the dominant numbers there.

Steeleye
06-22-2009, 07:49 PM
Nothing from Camden, NJ on the list. Surprising as it was ranked the nation's most dangerous city a few years back.

brandon
06-22-2009, 07:52 PM
I lived in #16 for well over a year and have spent a lot of time there even since I moved back to the suburbs.

It wasn't THAT bad...I mean other than the occasional mob of 20 year old black guys yelling racial slurs and threats at me, I never had much trouble. No one ever attempted to beat me up or rob me.

Well one guy did, but I threw down and he ran away. lol...I should have never been in that situation in the first place. Don't get drunk and trust random people you meet at 2 in the morning. Lesson learned. :)

tpreitzel
06-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Salinas, California based on per capita crime is ahead of some of the cities listed, but then they only have 140,000 people living there.

And I have to walk around that place daily.:cool:

Before merging with Alisal, Salinas along with most of the Monterey Peninsula used to be very nice communities. Seaside used to have the honors of criminal capital in that area due to Fort Ord. * Now, the influx of illegal trespassers from south of the border has created a criminal hell hole out of California. The situation won't improve until millions and millions of illegal trespassers and their descendants (native or not) and rounded up and trotted back south of the border. How will this migration of illegals back south of the border occur with federal intervention? Once again, the answer is secession. Nothing else will fix the problems the states (ALL of them) are experiencing. Unfortunately, the situation of federal interference and usurpation of power has become that bad. In the meantime, Californians will be increasingly taxed into servitude trying to pay the burden of illegal immigration. Your papers please ....

* Should dig up some statistics on crime with military installations nearby ...

RSLudlum
06-22-2009, 07:54 PM
Good see none of my surrounding neighborhoods on the list but my city, Charleston, is actually considered the 8th most dangerous city in the US.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/04/23/most-dangerous-cities-lifestyle-real-estate-dangerous-american-cities_slide_9.html?thisSpeed=3000

Brassmouth
06-22-2009, 07:59 PM
Nothing from Camden, NJ on the list. Surprising as it was ranked the nation's most dangerous city a few years back.

I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps they couldn't decide on any one neighborhood and decided to give up on trying rather than fill the whole list with Camden neighborhoods. :D

Steeleye
06-22-2009, 08:33 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps they couldn't decide on any one neighborhood and decided to give up on trying rather than fill the whole list with Camden neighborhoods. :D

I got lost there on my way to Cherry Hill once. Not fun.

kokubetsu
06-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Interesting...I lived a few blocks away from #8 for about a year and used to spend a lot of time in the surrounding areas. I never had a problem, but I didn't go out at night looking to sell/score drugs...nor go to a particular gas station right in the middle of that block that seemed to have a shooting/robbery almost every weekend. The worst thing I had happen to me was being offered crack on a regular basis as thats usually what white dudes are looking for when in that neighborhood.

Granted I did hear gunshots nearly every night so while I didn't consider my neighborhood safe I certainly wouldn't guess it's the 8th most dangerous in the nation. I have been through #6 though and felt very uncomfortable.

All in all I'd say that obviously in any neighborhood you're at the most risk if you engage in criminal activity but if you're minding your own business then you don't have as much to worry about.

But, if you're ever in Kansas City you must try some Gates BBQ, one of it's locations is just South of #8 at 47th and Paseo. :D

ord33
06-22-2009, 11:50 PM
Wow. That surprises me there arent any neighborhoods from the states in the West...They must be lacking in their law enforcement reporting and accuracy! :)

newbitech
06-23-2009, 12:22 AM
nice I live a mile from #17
travel route about a mile from #4 about 8 times a year
travel route about a mile from #20 about 4 times a year
and have family 12 miles from #3

wooo whoooo!

Go Florida!

Uriel999
06-23-2009, 12:42 AM
nice I live a mile from #17
travel route about a mile from #4 about 8 times a year
travel route about a mile from #20 about 4 times a year
and have family 12 miles from #3

wooo whoooo!

Go Florida!

LOL, and crime is increasing in the panhandle.

tremendoustie
06-23-2009, 02:14 AM
Meanwhile, I live in the workers paradise of California, where there is no crime at all, because the proletariat are happy. Come visit sometime, we'll give you a tour :D

Minarchy4Sale
06-23-2009, 06:19 AM
LOLz. I used to live right in the middle of #14. Da Lou Represent!