PDA

View Full Version : This is beginning to disgust me.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-22-2009, 04:02 PM
First the gov. tells twitter (I hate that site by the way) to not do maintenance so Iranians can complain on twitter, and now youtube has a top advertisement to get updates on what's going on Iran, why is the gov so eager for us to know all this? What kind of dumb propaganda is it this time? Are they pushing for war? Are we going to valiantly enter Iran and take it over like Iraq or what? I don't understand.

heavenlyboy34
06-22-2009, 04:04 PM
I suspect they're trying to open up a new propaganda outlet, as you mentioned. JMHO.

Kotin
06-22-2009, 04:05 PM
this is all very in your face..

why were all the protester's signs in english??

why is the government now running television ads about iran's nuclear "threat"

the questions are endless and the answers are obvious..

it seems they are really pulling out all of the stops for this one.. I dont remember half of this kinda shit before Iraq..

Old Ducker
06-22-2009, 04:11 PM
First the gov. tells twitter (I hate that site by the way) to not do maintenance so Iranians can complain on twitter, and now youtube has a top advertisement to get updates on what's going on Iran, why is the gov so eager for us to know all this? What kind of dumb propaganda is it this time? Are they pushing for war? Are we goign to valiantly enter Iran and take it over like Iraq or what? I don't understand.

well, uh, some people recognize that history is being made, so people may be interested in following developments.

What is really going on is that the CIA is coordinating the Iran revolution but it's real purpose is to shame americans into growing a pair and launching a revolution against their own corrupt regime.

dannno
06-22-2009, 04:22 PM
well, uh, some people recognize that history is being made, so people may be interested in following developments.

It is still amazing to me that the only hard evidence there is of the potential election results was an independent poll showing Ahmadi up 2:1 over Mousavi, it was reported in the US media once and then never again.. In the mean time the entire media assumes that the election was a hoax. I'm sorry, this is staged. When the media ignores the facts while creating and presenting a distorted view of events, that is propaganda.

TGGRV
06-22-2009, 04:35 PM
It is still amazing to me that the only hard evidence there is of the potential election results was an independent poll showing Ahmadi up 2:1 over Mousavi, it was reported in the US media once and then never again.. In the mean time the entire media assumes that the election was a hoax. I'm sorry, this is staged. When the media ignores the facts while creating and presenting a distorted view of events, that is propaganda.
The last twenty years of the US are propaganda.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Propaganda has existed as long as civilization, I don't see what you mean by your statement.

dannno
06-22-2009, 04:40 PM

Hmmm, I guess it's only amazing when I try to comprehend the situation from other people's viewpoint of the CIA not being involved.

I spent about 3 days last week in an e-mail debate with one of my friends who used to be an ardent Obama supporter. Some people never learn.

max
06-22-2009, 04:40 PM

20 years????

try 120 years...

we were duped into the spanish-american war in 1898 by the mysterious sinking of the USS Maine, and a cartoon depiction of a naked American woman being stripped searched by leering Spanish officers...(years later it came out that she was patted down by a female Spaniard.

have a look at this

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.authentichistory.com/postcivilwar/saw/1898_Drawing-NY_Journal_Strip-Search.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.authentichistory.com/postcivilwar/saw/1898_Drawing-NY_Journal_Strip-Search.html&usg=__D6llcmW9Ktt2CLMqQu3Cs90lRtA=&h=1142&w=1213&sz=426&hl=en&start=1&sig2=ZxZDdMCB8v5X5M1wmzYleg&um=1&tbnid=Wl1s4chu9C8L_M:&tbnh=141&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dspanish%2Bamerican%2Bwar%2Bfemale%2Bs trip%2Bsearched%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1&ei=zQhASsrHMISpmQeI0rCMDg

dannno
06-22-2009, 04:41 PM
Propaganda has existed as long as civilization, I don't see what you mean by your statement.

I think she meant there hasn't been much world news in the last 20 years that ISN'T propaganda.