PDA

View Full Version : Mark Sanford missing

smithtg
06-22-2009, 01:47 PM
I hope they dont find him with an ice pick in his head....

http://www.businessinsider.com/governor-who-rejected-stimulus-money-is-missing-2009-6

Mark Sanford, the Governor of South Carolina, is a hero of the conservative wing of the Republican party, as he opposed the bailouts and initially rejected stimulus money.

And now he's missing...

The State: The whereabouts of Gov. Mark Sanford have been unknown to state officials since

Neither the governor’s office nor the State Law Enforcement Division, which provides security for governors, has been able to reach Sanford after he left the mansion in a black SLED Suburban SUV, said Sen. Jake Knotts and three others familiar with the situation but who declined to be identified.

Sanford’s last known whereabouts were near Atlanta, where a mobile telephone tower picked up a signal from his phone, authorities said.

His wife says she doesnt' know where he is either. But police don't suspect foul play, and an official from the Governor's office says that Sanford likes to take time off to recharge from time to time, though he didn't say where he is.

Hopefully he's just off clearing his mind somewhere.

another link

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10574191
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - So just where is South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford?

According to his office, he is taking some time to recharge.

A statement from Sanford's spokesman, Joel Sawyer, says, "Gov. Sanford is taking some time away from the office this week to recharge after the stimulus battle and the legislative session, and to work on a couple of projects that have fallen by the wayside. We are not going to discuss the specifics of his travel arrangements or his security arrangements."

First lady Jenny Sanford told The Associated Press her husband has been gone for several days and she doesn't know where. She said she was not concerned. Jenny Sanford said the governor said he needed time away from their children to write something.

Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer said he didn't know where Sanford is but said he had not been put in charge.

Brian4Liberty
06-22-2009, 02:02 PM
Looks like an attempt to manufacture a controversy. They are after him already...

Brassmouth
06-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Must be nice to be able to skip work and go on vacation to "write" with no consequences.

Tax-parasite.

Jeremy
06-22-2009, 02:10 PM
wtf??

acptulsa
06-22-2009, 02:16 PM
In all likelihood, this rather pointless 'news' piece is designed to stir all his supporters into a frenzy of conspiratorial speculation so HuffPo can have an easier time making fun of them.

max
06-22-2009, 02:18 PM
He's probably got a piece-of-ass on the side

paulitics
06-22-2009, 02:23 PM
Who cares, the wife isn't concerened, so neither am I. Barack Obama disappeared in Virginia that one time, and he came back ok.

torchbearer
06-22-2009, 02:27 PM
He's probably got a piece-of-ass on the side

shhhhhhh!
Don't rat the man out.

Anti Federalist
06-22-2009, 02:28 PM
Who cares, the wife isn't concerened, so neither am I. Barack Obama disappeared in Virginia that one time, and he came back ok.

Yeah, wonder where he went...;)

acptulsa
06-22-2009, 02:30 PM

As I recall, that coincided curiously with a Bilderberg meeting. Anything interesting along those lines on for this week?

Gaius1981
06-22-2009, 02:35 PM
Sanford's Gulch, obviously. ;)

erowe1
06-22-2009, 02:35 PM
Must be nice to be able to skip work and go on vacation to "write" with no consequences.

Tax-parasite.

Don't complain. Any time a politician isn't working we're all the better for it.

Pericles
06-22-2009, 02:36 PM

Was it my day to watch him? I forgot:p

smithtg
06-22-2009, 02:38 PM
shhhhhhh!
Don't rat the man out.

wouldnt be the first politician to do so

I mean really these guys have what they call a "wife" but how much time do they really spend together? They are all workoholics and travel from here to there endlessly. Im sure she doesnt care where he is at, since he barely is at "home" to sleep

But obama "wants to be a great father" then why didnt he get an occupation where he would actually be home alot?

torchbearer
06-22-2009, 02:39 PM
But obama "wants to be a great father" then why didnt he get an occupation where he would actually be home alot?

His wife couldn't produce 350 million children, so he adopted us all.

angelatc
06-22-2009, 03:05 PM
In all likelihood, this rather pointless 'news' piece is designed to stir all his supporters into a frenzy of conspiratorial speculation so HuffPo can have an easier time making fun of them.

Not to mention ask him during the primaries if the "quirky behavior" is appropriate.

angelatc
06-22-2009, 03:10 PM
wouldnt be the first politician to do so

I mean really these guys have what they call a "wife" but how much time do they really spend together? They are all workoholics and travel from here to there endlessly. Im sure she doesnt care where he is at, since he barely is at "home" to sleep

Sanford's wife is credited with being the largely responsible for his sucessful campaigns.It appears to be a partnership.

Being a great father means more than hanging out in the yard playing ball. His daughters will meet some of the most important people in the world, travel to amazing destinations, get educations we can't even think of, and never want for anything material. Not sure what your definition of "good father" means, but they could have done worse.

moostraks
06-22-2009, 03:21 PM
His wife couldn't produce 350 million children, so he adopted us all.

:D

HOLLYWOOD
06-22-2009, 03:33 PM
Oh Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

They can Triangulate on his Crackberry/Mobile phones in 5 minutes.

His Suburan has ONSTAR... which has GPS locator service...(remember when you are in a accident detected)

What is with all the Mickey Mouse press garbage.

Hell the FBI/NSA can listen to anything within voice reception of his phones.

86 this story with the typical 'National Inquirer Trash'

max
06-22-2009, 03:47 PM

He was at a secret Bilderberg meeting...so were Hilary, Kissinger, Rockefeller and a who's who of the NWO

Google; The Obama Deception for proof

he and hilary went missing on the day of bilderberg meeting

Anti Federalist
06-22-2009, 04:41 PM
As I recall, that coincided curiously with a Bilderberg meeting. Anything interesting along those lines on for this week?

Yes, yes it did.

The press were told he was on his way to Chicago, they all piled onto his campaign plane, locked on board and took off, then told he wasn't there.

Scheduling error...:rolleyes:

On for this week?

Not sure...Bilderberg is over for this year...Bohemian Grove is coming up though...;)

anaconda
06-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Gone fishin'..with a copy of The Revolution: A Manifesto.

FrankRep
06-22-2009, 06:04 PM
They found him. All is good.

dannno
06-22-2009, 06:09 PM
On for this week?

Not sure...Bilderberg is over for this year...Bohemian Grove is coming up though...;)

Maybe he's interviewing bussers.

dannno
06-22-2009, 06:10 PM

Ahh, he must have hired somebody ;)

revolutionary8
06-22-2009, 06:12 PM
Hopefully it was before they spent butloads of money putting out a false AMBER ALERT. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Kade
06-22-2009, 06:14 PM
Mark Sanford, the Governor of South Carolina, is a hero of the conservative wing of the Republican party, as he opposed the bailouts and initially rejected stimulus money.

I bet the people of South Carolina, whose money isn't coming back to them, feel the same way. Well, except the SC supreme court ruled against him...

Anti Federalist
06-22-2009, 06:18 PM
I bet the people of South Carolina, whose money isn't coming back to them, feel the same way. Well, except the SC supreme court ruled against him...

I don't know about all that "hero of the republican party"...

That being said, yes, I would be more than happy to not receive a dime of federal money.

Receiving stolen goods is illegal.

Kade
06-22-2009, 06:19 PM
I don't know about all that "hero of the republican party"...

That being said, yes, I would be more than happy to not receive a dime of federal money.

Receiving stolen goods is illegal.

It's their money too. If my State rejected it, I would be pissed.

revolutionary8
06-22-2009, 06:24 PM
It's their money too. If my State rejected it, I would be pissed.

What about the people it was taken from? Should they be pissed Kade?
Welcome back, btw. :)

Objectivist
06-22-2009, 06:27 PM
I'm not sure that "ice pick" comment will help your chances of running for government office.... just a thought:cool:

Kade
06-22-2009, 06:30 PM
What about the people it was taken from? Should they be pissed Kade?
Welcome back, btw. :)

They all should be, but to screw your own state over, to score political points, is rather tawdry and ostentatious.

revolutionary8
06-22-2009, 06:35 PM
They all should be, but to screw your own state over, to score political points, is rather tawdry and ostentatious.

While I don't agree with your philosophy by any stretch of the imagination, I feel your skepticism of Sanford is justified.

It is MO that once a state, or an individual, etc. becomes dependent upon the Federal Government, they become a slave of the Federal Goverment. I am an Abolishionist more than anything.

That said, I trust Sanford about as much as I trust any other politician save Ron Paul.

Kade
06-22-2009, 06:37 PM
While I don't agree with your philosophy by any stretch of the imagination, I feel your skepticism of Sanford is justified.

It is MO that once a state, or an individual, etc. becomes dependent upon the Federal Government, they become a slave of the Federal Goverment. I am an Abolishionist more than anything.

That said, I trust Sanford about as much as I trust any other politician save Ron Paul.

Just out of curiosity, which part of my philosophy do you disagree with the most?

revolutionary8
06-22-2009, 06:41 PM

To answer your question, this statement...
I agree that Sanford screws over his own state, no doubt-
but I don't think it is b/c he turned down gov't stimulus funds....

That is NOT to say that he did it for anything LESS than political reasons...

AFAIK, there are several Corps. that are trying to deny stimulus dollars, but they are being denied that liberty. Can you imagine being forced to take a gov't hand out?

HOLLYWOOD
06-22-2009, 06:43 PM
Wasn't Alex Jones in Greece with his video camera tracking the attendees?

I presume No One has video?

american.swan
06-22-2009, 06:44 PM
If I was governor and the fed offered me money, I'd spend state money to get every dime of the "stimulus" back to the tax payers. Now if the Fed had "strings" attached, I'd reject the money too.

torchbearer
06-22-2009, 06:46 PM
If I was governor and the fed offered me money, I'd spend state money to get every dime of the "stimulus" back to the tax payers. Now if the Fed had "strings" attached, I'd reject the money too.

the hand that gives is above the hand that takes.

pinkmandy
06-22-2009, 07:40 PM

I haven't seen any links to verify that he's been found? Do you have one? The latest story on CNN regarding Sanford is this one (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/06/22/south-carolina-governor-goes-missing/). It appears that Lou Dobbs commented that he had been found but then backed out of that later in his show?

revolutionary8
06-22-2009, 07:51 PM
I haven't seen any links to verify that he's been found? Do you have one? The latest story on CNN regarding Sanford is this one (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/06/22/south-carolina-governor-goes-missing/). It appears that Lou Dobbs commented that he had been found but then backed out of that later in his show?

surely you don't think he's "lost" :confused:
Either he is dead and located, or "lost" and located- either way, peeps know where he is...

This reminds me of the people who ask me, after I approach the "lost and found desk",
"Where'd ya lose it"?

Makes no sense.
lol...
Either he is dead or this is a publicity stunt. That's my black and white...

Who the hell knows these days. We are controlled by an elitist group of thugs.

pinkmandy
06-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Either he is dead and located, or "lost" and located- either way, peeps know where he is...

This reminds me of the people who ask me, after I approach the "lost and found desk",
"Where'd ya lose it"?

Makes no sense.
lol...

I doubt he's lost. Since this is a thread about Sanford being missing I was simply asking if he has been found. I'm a curious sort. ;)

123tim
06-22-2009, 08:04 PM
I doubt he's lost. Since this is a thread about Sanford being missing I was simply asking if he has been found. I'm a curious sort. ;)

Apparently he has.

http://www.thestate.com/local/story/836552.html

revolutionary8
06-22-2009, 08:04 PM

Oh good,
you've acknowledged that your previous question is of no importance....
:confused:

revolutionary8
06-22-2009, 08:07 PM
Apparently he has.

http://www.thestate.com/local/story/836552.html

thanks.

this is so f'in retarded. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes:
JHC, ANY ADULT HAS THE RIGHT TO 'GO MISSING'

ya get it?

I don't care if you are one of the Saudi's that were one of the only people that were allowed to FLY out of this country on 9/11 or 9/12 , or etc, IF YOU ARE AN ADULT, you can GET LOST.

goooooooooooooooooooo.....

If the Saudi's can do it, why can't the US Congress?
lmao.

HOLLYWOOD
06-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Really, oh thank goodness, I thought he may be hanging out in a shed with the DC Madame.

So, Sanford couldn't pickup a phone and speak? Lt Gov. has to speak for him? Hmmm, where's he been for 4 days? Wife doesn't know? I presume he was on a Eliot Spitzer vacation?

Apparently he has.

http://www.thestate.com/local/story/836552.html (http://www.thestate.com/local/story/836552.html)

SimpleName
06-22-2009, 08:55 PM

One of the most interesting parts of the Alex Jones' Obama Deception, besides that whole evil wealthy globalist elites meeting in a central place to decide the world's future thing. But I guess they're one in the same.

pinkmandy
06-22-2009, 09:17 PM
Oh good,

There really is no reason to be an ass. Nobody forced you to even read this thread if you found it so 'beneath you'. :mad:

Personally I was curious about why he slipped away- that doesn't mean I thought he was 'lost' and I honestly don't know why you'd go on attack because somebody asked a question. I was hoping he was so pissed off after the last legislative session that maybe he was away working on the paperwork to be the first state to secede- again. Too much to hope for, I know. His wife had mentioned that he left to do some writing w/out the kids around (interesting on Father's Day weekend)- now it seems he's hiking.

ord33
06-22-2009, 09:17 PM
I could have come very close to crossing paths with him then if he was hiking on the Appalachian Trail - I was on it Sunday near Gregory's Bald in TN.

pinkmandy
06-22-2009, 09:20 PM
I could have come very close to crossing paths with him then if he was hiking on the Appalachian Trail - I was on it Sunday near Gregory's Bald in TN.

We live right off the trail in VA. If I drive by a smelly Sanford thumbing a ride into town to buy some groceries I'll offer him a lift. Can you see him hopping into a minivan with a bunch of RP bumperstickers? :D

ord33
06-22-2009, 09:31 PM
We live right off the trail in VA. If I drive by a smelly Sanford thumbing a ride into town to buy some groceries I'll offer him a lift. Can you see him hopping into a minivan with a bunch of RP bumperstickers? :D

Haha...that just made me think. If he took the vehicle and went hiking - he had to leave the vehicle at the trailhead for quite a long time - 4 days as the article says. Either that or he had someone else with him that wasnt hiking and they drove the vehicle to Govenor Sanford's finishing point to pick him up. Also, hiking for 4 days means camping most likely and he would have to register a campsite for an overnight stay - at least if he was in the Smoky Mountains National Park - not sure about other areas of the Appalachian Trail? So, I'm sure some people knew where he was (at least generally) the entire time.

By the way - I'm jealous of you living off the AT!!! I live in TN close to the Smoky Mountains National Park, but have to drive 45 minutes to get on a good hiking trail!

revolutionary8
06-22-2009, 09:40 PM
There really is no reason to be an ass. Nobody forced you to even read this thread if you found it so 'beneath you'. :mad:

Personally I was curious about why he slipped away- that doesn't mean I thought he was 'lost' and I honestly don't know why you'd go on attack because somebody asked a question. I was hoping he was so pissed off after the last legislative session that maybe he was away working on the paperwork to be the first state to secede- again. Too much to hope for, I know. His wife had mentioned that he left to do some writing w/out the kids around (interesting on Father's Day weekend)- now it seems he's hiking.

I didn't "attack" you. In fact, I find it to be offensive that you would accuse me of "attacking" you.
drama.
but then again, with threads like these, I was asking for it.
I should be the one apologizing... :o

pinkmandy
06-22-2009, 09:47 PM
Rev8- Maybe it wasn't an outright attack- sorry for saying that, I was slightly pissed because I didn't understand why you were being so...unpleasant and hardly thought I said anything that should have provoked such a response. But it happens. And thanks for apologizing (accepted). :)

Ord- we're in the Blue Ridge Mountains, near Shenandoah National Park. Tons of mountains here for hiking, too. Lots of tourists, though...

revolutionary8
06-22-2009, 09:56 PM
Rev8- Maybe it wasn't an outright attack- sorry for saying that, I was slightly pissed because I didn't understand why you were being so...unpleasant and hardly thought I said anything that should have provoked such a response. But it happens. And thanks for apologizing (accepted). :)

Ord- we're in the Blue Ridge Mountains, near Shenandoah National Park. Tons of mountains here for hiking, too. Lots of tourists, though...

WHO was being "unpleasant"????
Here pinky, meet hole,
dig further.

pinkmandy
06-22-2009, 10:17 PM
WHO was being "unpleasant"????
Here pinky, meet hole,
dig further.

Nevermind, Rev. I thought it was over and all was good. If you consider your responses to me as pleasant and not mockery then whatever.

"Where'd ya lose it"?

Makes no sense.
lol...

Your intitial response to me. No, that's not mockery. I wish all people were this 'pleasant'. :rolleyes:

Oh good,

Your second response. Yeah, you're really nice. Nothing unpleasant at all. My bad. :rolleyes:

RSLudlum
06-22-2009, 10:30 PM
I didn't notice anything amiss while he's been 'missing'. Hmmm..Maybe we should encourage more gov't officials to do the same. I think the nation would be better 'managed' if most of the gov't officials when on unannounced hiatuses such as this. Lets just pay them to go on vacation, I think it would be cheaper. :p

revolutionary8
06-22-2009, 10:32 PM
Nevermind, Rev. I thought it was over and all was good. If you consider your responses to me as pleasant and not mockery then whatever.

Your intitial response to me. No, that's not mockery. I wish all people were this 'pleasant'. :rolleyes:

Your second response. Yeah, you're really nice. Nothing unpleasant at all. My bad. :rolleyes:

Get over it pinky. ;)

You got baited. :D
Deal with it.

I have nothing to "lose", (sanford for one)
DO YOU?
you sure treat me like I do.
PARTY FOUL.
lmao.

pinkmandy
06-22-2009, 10:47 PM
Get over it pinky. ;)

You got baited. :D
Deal with it.

I have nothing to "lose", (sanford for one)
DO YOU?
you sure treat me like I do.
PARTY FOUL.
lmao.

As I said initially, you were being an ass. No, I have nothing to lose over you personally but people like you could cost us much needed support. I don't care if you call it baiting, when I see someone acting like a jerk for no reason I say something. Not because I give a fig about you (get over yourself), but because it is people like you that turn so many off from these forums and maybe even the movement itself. I don't care if that's your intention or not, or if you just like being another jerk hiding behind a screen name...I do care, though, that many RP folks have left this board and elsewhere and I have to wonder if many don't get involved simply because they don't want to deal with people like yourself. In case you haven't noticed this country is seriously in trouble. Running around on the forum treating people poorly doesn't help with growing our support. What, are you 12? 13? We all have a lot to lose. Including you.

revolutionary8
06-22-2009, 10:50 PM
as i said initially, you were being an ass. No, i have nothing to lose over you personally but people like you could cost us much needed support. I don't care if you call it baiting, when i see someone acting like a jerk for no reason i say something. Not because i give a fig about you (get over yourself), but because it is people like you that turn so many off from these forums and maybe even the movement itself. I don't care if that's your intention or not, or if you just like being another jerk hiding behind a screen name...i do care, though, that many rp folks have left this board and elsewhere and i have to wonder if many don't get involved simply because they don't want to deal with people like yourself. In case you haven't noticed this country is seriously in trouble. Running around on the forum treating people poorly doesn't help with growing our support. What, are you 12? 13? We all have a lot to lose. Including you.

and it is people like you who consider themselves to be elitist intellectual, morally superior snobs that screw us all.:D

you are funny. funny fatty. I'm sure you'll tell me I'm "way off"...

anaconda
06-23-2009, 10:21 AM
I'm not sure that "ice pick" comment will help your chances of running for government office.... just a thought:cool:

It didn't hurt Rahm Emanuel....

acptulsa
06-23-2009, 10:32 AM
and it is people like you who consider themselves to be elitist intellectual, morally superior snobs that screw us all.:D

you are funny. funny fatty. I'm sure you'll tell me I'm "way off"...

She doesn't have to. You're way off. Off base, off chord, off the wall and possibly out of your mind. Or, at least, you're a long way off from being able to tell friend from enemy.

Dude. Get a life. We're trying to have an adult conversation here. Surely there's some website somewhere where you can make farting sounds with your armpits and generally behave like an ape whenever you wish...

dgr
06-23-2009, 05:35 PM
One report I read said he headed to Ga , turned off his cell phone, his wife said he missed father's day so she got concerned , because"this is the longest he's been gone"
Well he sure took the scenic route to the mountains, if he went by way of Georgia.

speciallyblend
06-23-2009, 06:09 PM
One report I read said he headed to Ga , turned off his cell phone, his wife said he missed father's day so she got concerned , because"this is the longest he's been gone"
Well he sure took the scenic route to the mountains, if he went by way of Georgia.

marc sanford deserves this attention for being the smartest dumbass!

he should be in trouble more from his wife and 4 kids then the media,but he deserves both. the only one to blame is sanford himself for his own actions or lack of them!