PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul has gone Mainstream

bobbyw24
06-22-2009, 12:04 PM
http://www.fitsnews.com/2009/06/22/lone-nut-no-longer/

Lone Nut No Longer

Ron Paul is officially mainstream.

Sure, last week there was his quirky, lone dissenting vote against a Congressional resolution condemning Iran’s use of force against pro-Democracy protesters in Tehran, but that’s par for the Paul course.

Much more relevant (i.e. non-ceremonial) is Paul’s bill to audit the Federal Reserve Bank, which has a whopping 237 co-sponsors.

Here’s some context from GetLiberty.org:

In 1983, largely due to the policies of the Fed Chairman Paul Volcker and President Ronald Reagan, the American people were finally rid of the burden of astronomical inflation. The policy of the Carter Administration attempting to offset unemployment with having the Federal Reserve print money was at last at an end.

At the same time, a fresh-faced congressman named Ron Paul (R-TX) decided that because of this, it was a good opportunity to investigate the very institution that had helped wreak havoc on the economy with runaway inflation. That same year, he proposed H.R. 877 a bill that would allow the General Accounting Office (GAO) to audit the Federal Reserve Board, the Federal Advisory Council, the Federal Open Market Committee, and the Fed banks and branches themselves.

Dr. Paul was able to garner only 18 co-sponsors on that bill, which died with little to no support. Like many of his bills, supporting liberty and transparency, it was sent to committee were it ultimately met its slow and unheralded death.

But, that was then and this is now. With the Federal Reserve, loose monetary policy, and impending inflation making headlines in the mainstream media, more attention is finally being paid to a near identical bill—H.R. 1207—that Congressman Paul reintroduced in February of this year.

Looks like Ron Paul - and common sense - may not be as whacky as some in the Republican Party think.

Carole
06-22-2009, 05:19 PM
Gotta love it. :D

torchbearer
06-22-2009, 05:21 PM
fuck yeah.

dr. hfn
06-22-2009, 05:40 PM
I will give every ounce of my energy for the cause!

heavenlyboy34
06-22-2009, 05:49 PM
w00t! Lemme get my waist-high goulashes before I get into the mainstream. I don't wanna get any nastiness on my clothes! ;) lolz

FrankRep
06-22-2009, 06:00 PM
After blood, sweat, and tears of the Ron Paul Revolution.

This is true grassroots.

RCA
06-22-2009, 06:35 PM
awesome!

UtahApocalypse
06-22-2009, 09:13 PM
http://www.fitsnews.com/2009/06/22/lone-nut-no-longer/

Lone Nut No Longer

Ron Paul is officially mainstream.

Sure, last week there was his quirky, lone dissenting vote against a Congressional resolution condemning Iran’s use of force against pro-Democracy protesters in Tehran, but that’s par for the Paul course.

Much more relevant (i.e. non-ceremonial) is Paul’s bill to audit the Federal Reserve Bank, which has a whopping 237 co-sponsors.

Here’s some context from GetLiberty.org:

In 1983, largely due to the policies of the Fed Chairman Paul Volcker and President Ronald Reagan, the American people were finally rid of the burden of astronomical inflation. The policy of the Carter Administration attempting to offset unemployment with having the Federal Reserve print money was at last at an end.

At the same time, a fresh-faced congressman named Ron Paul (R-TX) decided that because of this, it was a good opportunity to investigate the very institution that had helped wreak havoc on the economy with runaway inflation. That same year, he proposed H.R. 877 a bill that would allow the General Accounting Office (GAO) to audit the Federal Reserve Board, the Federal Advisory Council, the Federal Open Market Committee, and the Fed banks and branches themselves.

Dr. Paul was able to garner only 18 co-sponsors on that bill, which died with little to no support. Like many of his bills, supporting liberty and transparency, it was sent to committee were it ultimately met its slow and unheralded death.

But, that was then and this is now. With the Federal Reserve, loose monetary policy, and impending inflation making headlines in the mainstream media, more attention is finally being paid to a near identical bill—H.R. 1207—that Congressman Paul reintroduced in February of this year.

Looks like Ron Paul - and common sense - may not be as whacky as some in the Republican Party think.

Of course most everyone spins it that Ron Paul is for what is happening in Iran or has zero compassion for the the people. They will avoid the fact that the reason is that the U.S. Congress should be dealing with U.S. issues based on OUR Constitutional laws.