PDA

View Full Version : Isakson on S604 (audit the fed) and my response to his refusal to demand transparency

Paul or not at all
06-21-2009, 06:22 PM
HIS RESPONSE TO MY ORIGINAL EMAIL

Dear Mr. Griffin:

Thank you for contacting me regarding S.604, the Federal Reserve Sunshine Act of 2009. I appreciate your thoughts and the opportunity to respond.

S.604 would mandate an audit of the Federal Reserve by the Comptroller General of the United States to be reported to the leadership of Congress, along with the leadership of committees of jurisdiction. The audit would be completed by the end of 2010.

While I am a supportive of the premise of this legislation, I support a more comprehensive approach of investigating the financial crisis that has impacted our nation. In response to the financial crisis that continues to plague our economy, I introduced legislation to create an independent bipartisan Financial Markets Commission that will be charged with fully investigating the near collapse of the banking system and the loss of tens of trillions of dollars. It is imperative that we gather all the facts and not rush to legislate as we seek to recover from today's financial crisis. I am pleased that the Congress voted to adopt my Financial Markets Commission on May 6, 2009. Rest assured I am committed to addressing the issues that led economy into its current state.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please visit my webpage at http://isakson.senate.gov/ for more information on the issues important to you and to sign up for my e-newsletter.

Sincerely,
Johnny Isakson
United States Senator

For future correspondence with my office, please visit my web site at http://isakson.senate.gov/contact.cfm. You can also click here to sign up for the eNewsletter

MY RESPONSE TO HIS RESPONSE:

Hello, thank you for finally responding, but I'm afraid you have lost my vote. The federal reserve has added 2 trillion dollars to their asset sheet. that is 2 trillion that we will suffer inflation for and they won't even tell us were it is going. The inspector general of the fed was asked at a hearing which banks have received money from the FED and she didn't even know. In the past you have spoken in favor of transparency and now it disappoints me to see that you are not willing to follow through on those words. I hope you strongly reconsider your refusal to demand transparency in the most secret branch of our govt and cosponsor S604.

God Bless, David

eduardo89
07-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Good reply...we all should contact him and make sure he knows how we feel about him not signing on

Imperial
07-06-2009, 10:16 PM
At least he gave you an actual answer.