PDA

View Full Version : PBS Debate: Keyes in, Tancredo out?

Phil M
09-23-2007, 09:32 AM
The PBS debate's website used to (I'm pretty sure) list Tancredo as a participating candidate, now all of a sudden he's not mentioned and Keyes is instead: http://www.pbs.org/kcet/tavissmiley/special/forums/candidates/

What on earth else could Tom Tancredo have going for him on Thursday? Could he be dropping out soon? Or does he think PBS is out to get him?

Also, with five candidates talking for 90 minutes this could give us some fiery exchanges between Paul and Keyes that will dwarf those we've seen before.

bygone
09-23-2007, 09:33 AM
Should be a good one.

walt
09-23-2007, 09:37 AM
They are fools....
"With most of the top guys not attending, it is not in our best interest," said Alan Moore, Tancredo's press secretary. "He will be focusing on the upcoming primaries in Iowa and New Hampshire." Tancredo joins four Republican front-runners to opt out of the PBS debate: former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, Arizona Sen. John McCain, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, and actor and former Tennessee Sen. Fred Thompson.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070923/NEWS01/709230320/1002

This is dicey territory for Ron, I hope he can clear the air on liberty and demonstrate this is about equality and not quotas for all.

Corydoras
09-23-2007, 09:44 AM
I wonder if it means Tancredo's down to so little money that a side trip to Baltimore is just too much money.

ItsTime
09-23-2007, 09:47 AM
They are fools....
"With most of the top guys not attending, it is not in our best interest," said Alan Moore, Tancredo's press secretary. "He will be focusing on the upcoming primaries in Iowa and New Hampshire." Tancredo joins four Republican front-runners to opt out of the PBS debate: former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, Arizona Sen. John McCain, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, and actor and former Tennessee Sen. Fred Thompson.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070923/NEWS01/709230320/1002

This is dicey territory for Ron, I hope he can clear the air on liberty and demonstrate this is about equality and not quotas for all.

If you pretend to be a front runner you are a front runner is that Tancredos stance? lol

Phil M
09-23-2007, 09:48 AM
Urgh. I hadn't realized that this was a race debate. No Iraq questions, I guess.

LibertyEagle
09-23-2007, 09:54 AM
I look forward to him talking about something other than Iraq. It has been more than obvious that in the majority of the debates thus far, the intention has been to shut out Dr. Paul from answering any questions other than those on Iraq. They know he will blow the others out of the water on most any other issue.

The others are pretenders. Dr. Paul and Tom Tancredo are the only traditional conservatives.

Harald
09-23-2007, 09:55 AM
I am sure RP will find a way to divert almost any question to a war answer

LibertyEagle
09-23-2007, 09:57 AM
I am sure RP will find a way to divert almost any question to a war answer

Geez, I hope he doesn't do that very much. Everyone knows where he stands on that. It's the other issues they don't know about.

jb4ronpaul
09-23-2007, 10:00 AM
come on, liberty is good for everyone. All Americans need to hear this message and will respond to it when properly explained. It's in our nature.

cac1963
09-23-2007, 10:06 AM
This is Paul's opportunity to shine a light on how much Democrats take the AA vote for granted. I think his message truly resonates with blacks, especially being that they are some of the fiercest anti-war voters out there. He stands to pick up a huge support base from this forum, from both the republican blacks and dem blacks, if they can be convinced to tune in and watch it.

cac1963
09-23-2007, 10:09 AM
They are fools....
"With most of the top guys not attending....

They didn't say, "with all of the top guys not attending." They said "most" meaning at least one top guy is still slated to participate.

Ron Paul.

itsnobody
09-23-2007, 10:09 AM
They will probably talk about war at some point....Ron Paul will win this one I'm sure

Tancredo should drop out all together...

undergroundrr
09-23-2007, 10:13 AM
I predict he'll do very well. He can speak very eloquently to the impoverishment of the poor due to the inflation tax if he gets a chance. The drug war and the Iraq war will also be strong areas. The military is having a really hard time recruiting African Americans right now. After listening to many, many interviews, I've concluded the the more "difficult" questions are, the more drop dead brilliant his answers. Having said that, I'm also prepared to hear the questionable newsletter quotes brought up. It would be a great opportunity for him to slap that down for good.

bygone
09-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Anything he can say on PBS would help, lol.

MsDoodahs
09-23-2007, 10:20 AM
I predict he'll do very well. He can speak very eloquently to the impoverishment of the poor due to the inflation tax if he gets a chance. The drug war and the Iraq war will also be strong areas. The military is having a really hard time recruiting African Americans right now. After listening to many, many interviews, I've concluded the the more "difficult" questions are, the more drop dead brilliant his answers. Having said that, I'm also prepared to hear the questionable newsletter quotes brought up. It would be a great opportunity for him to slap that down for good.

ABSOLUTELY! :)

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
09-23-2007, 10:20 AM
Who is Alan Keyes and when did he start running?

Corydoras
09-23-2007, 10:23 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Keyes
http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=18147

MGreen
09-23-2007, 10:24 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Paul-Keyes tussle. The candidates know now that targeting Paul can create quite a stir, and I'm sure Keyes is desperate for any tactic to get his name out there. Hell, that's the whole reason he's running.

Ozwest
09-23-2007, 10:26 AM
Fred is going to cop it big time when he finally gets to a debate. Let me guess? He'll jump in at a Faux News debate. Of course... Fair and balanced.

quickmike
09-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Ron will do VERY well in a race debate because he tells the truth. The truth that everyone should be protected equally under the rules of the constitution. I think alot of people are tired of race being a seperator between people and realize politicians use it to divide us.

I dont see how anyone can hurt him in a debate on this topic.

quickmike
09-23-2007, 11:32 AM

This is Alan Keyes..........

Look at this picture of him talking, now imagine what hes saying when this picture was taken, then take the psycho factor of what you imagined he was saying and multiply it by 10...................... thats Alan Keyes.

http://www.inthesetimes.com/images/28/21/keyes.jpg

RevolutionSD
09-23-2007, 11:57 AM
"The others are pretenders. Dr. Paul and Tom Tancredo are the only traditional conservatives"

Tom Tancredo is a traditional conservative?

The guy wants to blow up Mecca! How the heck is that a conservative position? Sounds like just another neocon to me.

ctb619
09-23-2007, 12:00 PM
Hopefully he talks about ending the war on drugs. Kucinich did this at the PBS debate and received huge applause.

wgadget
09-23-2007, 12:03 PM
If you pretend to be a front runner you are a front runner is that Tancredos stance? lol

And it's obvious that if you're a "front-runner," you don't attend debates or straw polls. Go figure.

inibo
09-23-2007, 01:42 PM
I predict he'll do very well. He can speak very eloquently to the impoverishment of the poor due to the inflation tax if he gets a chance. The drug war and the Iraq war will also be strong areas. The military is having a really hard time recruiting African Americans right now. After listening to many, many interviews, I've concluded the the more "difficult" questions are, the more drop dead brilliant his answers.

Bingo. I am anticipating him dealing with the so-called social issues that the Democrats think they own and the debate moderators to date have not asked, at least not to Ron Paul.

If people can see past their ideological blinders for a few minutes they would realize the message of self-reliance and independence that resonates for many black people when it comes from the Nation of Islam is the same message they will hear from Ron Paul.

bygone
09-23-2007, 01:47 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/218/493554857_e57cd4ad34_m.jpg

Suzu
09-23-2007, 03:31 PM
They will probably talk about war at some point....

I think you can find out pretty much what it will be about, by watching the Dems' version:

http://www.pbs.org/kcet/tavissmiley/special/forums/video.html

Karsten
09-23-2007, 04:03 PM
I look forward to him talking about something other than Iraq. It has been more than obvious that in the majority of the debates thus far, the intention has been to shut out Dr. Paul from answering any questions other than those on Iraq. They know he will blow the others out of the water on most any other issue.

The others are pretenders. Dr. Paul and Tom Tancredo are the only traditional conservatives.

Tom Tancredo is a NEO-conservative, not a traditional conservative. You simply can't be conservative and support our current foreign policy which is bankrupting us, not to mention it's unconstitutional.

LibertyEagle
09-23-2007, 04:06 PM
Tom Tancredo is a NEO-conservative, not a traditional conservative. You simply can't be conservative and support our current foreign policy which is bankrupting us, not to mention it's unconstitutional.

Actually, Tancredo is a traditional conservative on a lot of the issues. No, I don't agree with him on some, which is one of the many reasons I support Ron Paul. I would not categorize Tancredo as a neocon though.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Vonhayek7
09-23-2007, 04:23 PM
Tancredo always sounds like he's making up what he's saying at the time. His voice is really shakey and seems like someone who has been bullied too much in his life. Really weird guy.

Karsten
09-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Actually, Tancredo is a traditional conservative on a lot of the issues. No, I don't agree with him on some, which is one of the many reasons I support Ron Paul.

Well, the thing is, our foreign policy isn't just "some issues". It is the CENTRAL ISSUE. There is NO WAY you could get rid of the IRS and "replace it with nothing" without a new foreign policy. There is no way you could reduce spending without a new foreign policy, due to the insane amount it is draining from us all the time.

ctb619
09-23-2007, 04:56 PM
Tancredo always sounds like he's making up what he's saying at the time. His voice is really shakey and seems like someone who has been bullied too much in his life. Really weird guy.

hahaha

Richandler
09-23-2007, 05:04 PM
So is this the "black" debate that resulted in lots of GOP criticism. I hope they thank the candidates that do show up. I'm if Ron says no income tax that might get a few minorities to turn their heads.

Syren123
09-23-2007, 05:04 PM
PBS is all about soft social issues. This will be a great opportunity to let Dr Paul say what has NEVER been said before in politics - that separating people into groups divides us and that all people deserve the same rights and considerations, no favoritism - and let those bleeding hearts chew on THAT one for a while. It should be awesome.