PDA

View Full Version : Obama-"The universal rights to assembly and free speech must be respected".

Anti Federalist
06-20-2009, 10:39 PM
Here's the link:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/20/republicans-pressure-obama-support-iranian-protesters/

Here's the quote:

"The universal rights to assembly and free speech must be respected and the United States stands with all who seek to exercise those rights,"

And the article makes it a point that Republicans are "putting pressure" on Obama to be more "forceful" in his rhetoric and support of "freedom" .

The Obama administration took a first step today," California Rep. Darrell Issa told FOX News. "Obviously, Congress was well ahead of the president. I think the president is playing catch-up."

Issa said the president, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and other Obama officials should make a series of additional statements to demonstrate when the United States stands.

"You have to support these people whose aspirations are only freedom," he said.

I'm sorry, I can't even comment further, I have to go wash the puke out of my mouth...

Spike
06-20-2009, 10:47 PM
Just watch. All this rhetoric is gonna come back to bite them in the ass when the streets of Washington D.C are filled with people and not Tehran

Anti Federalist
06-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Just watch. All this rhetoric is gonna come back to bite them in the ass when the streets of Washington D.C are filled with people and not Tehran

Well, that's just it.

The rhetoric has no basis in reality anymore.

I mean really, who the fuck are we to be preaching to anybody about "free speech" and "rights of assembly" given what's going on here?

It'll bite 'em in the ass if "they" even care about what is on the record.

I'm thinking they just don't give shit anymore...

silverhawks
"You have to support these people whose aspirations are only freedom," he said.

"Otherwise we'd have to label them as extremists, jail them without trial and waterboard them repeatedly," said President Obama, who then went on to explain the concept of "universal free speech zones" and "state-sanctioned permits to universal right of assembly".

:mad:

Edit:

Please, let me live long enough to see the corrupt, amoral bastards running our governments be brought to justice and spend the rest of their lives rotting in a cell where they belong, along with the rest of the narcissistic psychopaths that plague society and oppress free people.

DapperDan
The audacity...

:mad::mad::mad:

Dr.3D
06-20-2009, 10:59 PM
Yeah, I was wondering when people would notice he doesn't practice what he preaches.

Anti Federalist
06-20-2009, 11:01 PM

The President went on to say, reading from prepared comments:

"We see only the oppressive side of authority. Maybe it comes out of our history and our background. What we don’t see is that freedom is not a concept in which people can do anything they want, be anything they can be. Freedom is about authority. Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do,”

"I'm sure the people of Iran will understand this once our appr...I mean to say, once the will of the Iranian people is clear, that they too will be happy to submit to the new glorious regime which will walk side by side with the USA."

Dr.3D
06-20-2009, 11:10 PM

Yeah, sounds much like a speech one would expect to hear from Hitler doesn't it?

Anti Federalist
06-20-2009, 11:14 PM
Yeah, sounds much like a speech one would expect to hear from Hitler doesn't it?

You do know who did say it?;)

Dr.3D
06-20-2009, 11:21 PM
You do know who did say it?;)

Well, change a few words and it would be difficult to tell.

The Fuhrer went on to say, reading from prepared comments:

"We see only the oppressive side of authority. Maybe it comes out of our history and our background. What we don’t see is that freedom is not a concept in which people can do anything they want, be anything they can be. Freedom is about authority. Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do,”

"I'm sure the people of Poland will understand this once our appr...I mean to say, once the will of the Polish people is clear, that they too will be happy to submit to the new glorious regime which will walk side by side with the Fatherland."

Anti Federalist
06-20-2009, 11:25 PM
Well, change a few words and it would be difficult to tell.

Rudy Guiliani, 1994.

"We look upon authority too often and focus over and over again, for 30 or 40 or 50 years, as if there is something wrong with authority. We see only the oppressive side of authority. Maybe it comes out of our history and our background. What we don't see is that freedom is not a concept in which people can do anything they want, be anything they can be. Freedom is about authority. Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do," - Rudy Giuliani, March 1994.

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2007/03/quote_for_the_d_24.html

Dr.3D
06-20-2009, 11:28 PM
Rudy Guiliani, 1994.

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2007/03/quote_for_the_d_24.html (http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2007/03/quote_for_the_d_24.html)

My brain hurts. :(

Dreamofunity
06-21-2009, 12:23 AM
The first thing I thought when I saw that quote was "Bullshit."

http://www.publicradio.org/columns/kpcc/airtalkblog/RNC%20protest%20pics%20005-thumb-480x360.jpg

hamilton1049
06-21-2009, 07:42 AM
Send Obama some of the video of what went on outside the Democratic and Republican national conventions, "those that live in glass houses should not cast stones."

jkr
06-21-2009, 07:49 AM
"Rudy Guiliani"

man i h8 that word:D

hamilton1049
06-21-2009, 08:05 AM
"Rudy Guiliani"

man i h8 that word:D

It's Ghouliani ain't it?

StayTrue
06-21-2009, 08:39 AM
"Freedom is about authority. Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do"

what?!!?

ItsTime
06-21-2009, 08:50 AM
They are all terrorists, just ask the DOD

http://open.salon.com/blog/dennis_loo/2009/06/14/dod_training_manual_protests_are_low-level_terrorism

The Department of Defense is training all of its personnel in its current Antiterrorism and Force Protection Annual Refresher Training Course that political protest is "low-level terrorism."

InterestedParticipant
06-21-2009, 09:19 AM
"The universal rights to assembly and free speech must be respected and the United States stands with all who seek to exercise those rights,"
This is Semantic deception and Semantic Gradualism!

First, he says "universal rights." This is in reference to the Universal Declarations on Human Rights produced and distributed by the United Nations. He is slowly moving ('semantic gradualism") Americans away from the concept of inalienable right to universal rights, which are created by men and not God.

Second, he says "the United States stands with all who seek to exercise those rights." Here, he is attempting to expand ("semantic deception") the jurisdiction of these "universal rights" globally, in an attempt to move people's understand away from a US concept of unalienable rights to a global concept of universal rights.

This is very slick, and very important to see the subtlety of their techniques.

LibertyEagle
06-21-2009, 09:22 AM

First, he says "universal rights." This is in reference to the Universal Declarations on Human Rights produced and distributed by the United Nations. He is slowly moving ('semantic gradualism") Americans away from the concept of inalienable right to universal rights, which are created by men and not God.

Second, he says "the United States stands with all who seek to exercise those rights." Here, he is attempting to expand ("semantic deception") the jurisdiction of these "universal rights" globally, in an attempt to move people's understand away from a US concept of unalienable rights to a global concept of universal rights.

Absolutely! The Universal Declaration on Human Rights is the first thing that came to my mind when I read his statement.

Danke
06-21-2009, 09:26 AM

...as long as they apply in advance and receive a government permit and abide by its restrictions.

HOLLYWOOD
06-21-2009, 09:29 AM
Oh Hypocrisy!

This morning on THIS WEEK with George Snufelophocus hosted ASS HAT Senators: Chris Dodd and Lindsey Graham.

Both of their statements were directed as such: Courageous People/Protesters/Reformers, of IRAN and we stand behind the Protesters. They Iranians don't like the way they are led, they want their freedoms, and the regime must be changed. We need to Sanctions, likes no gasoline to IRAN..."

Yet in this United States of America... We The Protesters are considered Terrorist by our current/previous government regimes!

Obama: For IRANIAN gov:. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad - Stop all Violent and unjust actions against the protestors

moostraks
06-21-2009, 09:56 AM
Oh Hypocrisy!

This morning on THIS WEEK with George Snufelophocus hosted ASS HAT Senators: Chris Dodd and Lindsey Graham.

Both of their statements were directed as such: Courageous People/Protesters/Reformers, of IRAN and we stand behind the Protesters. They Iranians don't like the way they are led, they want their freedoms, and the regime must be changed. We need to Sanctions, likes no gasoline to IRAN..."

Yet in this United States of America... We The Protesters are considered Terrorist by our current/previous government regimes!

Obama: For IRANIAN gov:. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad - Stop all Violent and unjust actions against the protestors

My thoughts exactly!!! Parasitic, two-faced hypocrites. War mongering bastards must not be making enough cash with the global slowdown so we need to ratchet up the rhetoric and get embroiled in yet another middle east country....:mad::mad::mad:

Carole
06-21-2009, 10:31 AM
Here's the link:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/20/republicans-pressure-obama-support-iranian-protesters/

Here's the quote:

And the article makes it a point that Republicans are "putting pressure" on Obama to be more "forceful" in his rhetoric and support of "freedom" .

I'm sorry, I can't even comment further, I have to go wash the puke out of my mouth...

Everywhere except in America I presume. :( Here we must remain in our "free speech" zones. :D

I have been following the Iranian protests closely. It appears to me that the "Bajis' civilian army" might be the parallel to Oblahma's "Americorp" civilian army. The Bajis' wear no uniforms and infiltrate the protesters and are allowed/trained to do many unlawful things that the regular army cannot do.

Any thoughts?

Carole
06-21-2009, 10:52 AM
Oh Hypocrisy!

"Courageous People/Protesters/Reformers, of IRAN and we stand behind the Protesters. They Iranians don't like the way they are led, they want their freedoms, and the regime must be changed. We need to Sanctions, likes no gasoline to IRAN...""

This is the most hypocritical statement ever. Punish the people of Iran for their government. SANCTIONS!!!!!!!!! Shocking!!! Such demagogues we have in Congress -- all except for the very sensible Congressman Dr. Ron Paul who voted Nay on the HR560 resolution by the stupid posturing Congress.

Anti Federalist
06-21-2009, 11:07 AM
Absolutely! The Universal Declaration on Human Rights is the first thing that came to my mind when I read his statement.

But of course.

How many have read the Universal Declaration of Human Rights?

Great document, rights on top of rights, we have.:rolleyes:

http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/

Until Article 29

(3) These rights and freedoms may in no case be exercised contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations.

Well, who decides what is "contrary" to the purposes of the United Nations?

The United Nations, of course.

Meaning all 30 of the "rights" listed are, in fact, merely privileges that can be rescinded, repealed or revoked if, in the view of the UN, you exercise any of these "rights" in contradiction to the UN.

rpfan2008
06-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Actually now you should start worrying.

Obama has a record of doing 180 on almost all of his proclamations.

Anti Federalist
06-21-2009, 12:32 PM
http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2008/08/31/raids/

LibertyEagle
06-21-2009, 12:46 PM
But of course.

How many have read the Universal Declaration of Human Rights?

Great document, rights on top of rights, we have.:rolleyes:

http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/

Until Article 29

(3) These rights and freedoms may in no case be exercised contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations.

Well, who decides what is "contrary" to the purposes of the United Nations?

The United Nations, of course.

Meaning all 30 of the "rights" listed are, in fact, merely privileges that can be rescinded, repealed or revoked if, in the view of the UN, you exercise any of these "rights" in contradiction to the UN.

Yeah, it's kind of like the UN Charter. Sounds pretty decent until you get to the part where they state that THEY are the granter of our rights and thus have the power to revoke them at any time.

InterestedParticipant
06-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Yeah, it's kind of like the UN Charter. Sounds pretty decent until you get to the part where they state that THEY are the granter of our rights and thus have the power to revoke them at any time.
Gives a whole new meaning to Aurther C Clarke's 2001, A Space Odyssey, doesn't it.

Are we not the monkeys who look at the Monolith (U.N. Building in NYC) and wonder in amazement?

The picture is becoming quite clear now, isn't it? Do you see what these psychopaths now think of us, and of humanity?

Has the Penny dropped yet?

Anti Federalist
06-21-2009, 11:05 PM
Shut Up about Iran
http://www.fff.org/comment/com0906i.asp
by Sheldon Richman, June 19, 2009

Here’s some advice for Barack Obama, John McCain, and any other U.S. politician who feels the urge to issue a declaration about the election in Iran: Shut up.

True, Obama has said he does not wish to interfere in the Iranian election. Others, such John “Bomb Bomb Bomb, Bomb Bomb Iran” McCain, have no such compunction. But any statement at all — even a statement about not making a statement — is a mistake. The record of the U.S. government in Iran over the last half-century is so tainted that it would be better for all officials to just keep quiet.

The results of the presidential election certainly suggest a fix. But that is for the Iranians to work out.

For the last few years, the U.S. “military option” has been prominently “on the table” when it comes to Iran. The U.S. government’s closest ally in the Middle East, Israel — especially under the new hard-line prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu — clearly would like to see Iran attacked for having the nerve to develop nuclear technology. U.S. intelligence says Iran gave up a weapons program long ago — before Mahmoud Ahmadinejad became president — but Israel apparently won’t tolerate an Iran even with only a civilian nuclear-power industry. Apparently the thought of another country’s challenging Israel’s 40-year nuclear-weapons monopoly in the Middle East — and thus being able to deter aggressive military action — is intolerable. (Ahmadinejad, incidentally, has no military authority under Iranian law.)

The U.S. government, then, can hardly be an unbiased observer of Iran’s political process. Besides, it is well known that U.S. governments have routinely meddled in elections throughout the world, overtly and covertly. The National Endowment for Democracy, a government-funded organization, is just the most obvious way that American officials interfere. (Remember how outraged people were in the Clinton years when they thought the Chinese had funneled money into the U.S. electoral system?)

Most of all, the U.S. government needs to keep silent because of 1953. That was the year the CIA — that model of openness and commitment to democracy — drove an elected, secular Iranian prime minister from office in order to restore to power the brutal monarch, Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi. For the next quarter century, the shah ruled with an iron fist — secret police, torture, the works. “Enlightened” Americans used to say that he was “dragging his people kicking and screaming into the twentieth century.” He was a close friend of American presidents and Israeli prime ministers, and a main instigator of high oil prices. With all that oil money, he could easily buy the latest weapons made by American contractors, keeping them and his American political sponsors happy. He was “our” man in one of the world’s hotspots.

It was a sweet deal for everyone — except average Americans and Iranians. In 1979 the Iranians had had enough and, led by the charismatic ayatollah, Ruhollah Khomeini, they again drove the shah from power — this time for good — in the Islamic revolution that has reigned in Iran ever since. The U.S. government’s crimes against Iran were not forgotten, as the U.S. embassy was seized and the personnel held hostage for 444 days. When the hostage crisis began, President Jimmy Carter dismissed the connection to 1953, claiming that it was “ancient history.” It is from such utterances that the term “ugly American” was born.

What was ancient to Carter and unknown to most Americans was fresh in the minds of Iranians. Middle-class Iranians may have a high regard for the American people and our way of life, but that does not mean they welcome intervention.

In Cairo, Obama acknowledged that history. Good. However, acknowledgement is not enough. Deeds must match regrets — if that’s what he feels — about 1953. The U.S. government must forswear intervention, take the military option off the table — and mean it.

The Obama administration says the United States has two concerns regarding Iran: its support for terrorism in the Middle East and its nuclear ambitions. Neither concerns the American people. Even if Iran builds a weapon, the leaders there are not suicidal. And the way for the United States to safeguard against terrorism is to follow a noninterventionist foreign policy. U.S. troops can’t be attacked in the Middle East if they aren’t there. Someone as bright as Obama ought to realize that.

Sheldon Richman is senior fellow at The Future of Freedom Foundation, and editor of The Freeman magazine and author of “‘Ancient History’: U.S. Conduct in the Middle East since World War II and the Folly of Intervention.”. Send him email.

TGGRV
06-22-2009, 06:32 AM

The same deception is used with fairness and other terms :P Whenever I read fairness in the title of a law, I think:"What kind of socialist bullshit will this law be...