PDA

View Full Version : SlimJims vs Liberty Cards

ross11988
09-23-2007, 07:59 AM
Im planning a big order for my meetup group. Thinking about 5,000. I can get 5,000 of the Liberty Cards for about $150 shipped. Or i could get 5,000 SlimJims for $217 Shipped. Are the Liberty cards worth the extra $70? Thanks

quickmike
09-23-2007, 08:04 AM
I would say get 4000 slim jims and 1000 liberty cards, but if its an either/or thing, get the slim jims.

Corydoras
09-23-2007, 08:04 AM
I think of the Liberty Cards as something that is easy to carry around on a day to day basis and hand to people face to face one at a time. But for handing out to people in large groups as they're walking by, the slim jims are much, much easier. Also, the slim jims carry much more information, and that's a big plus in their favor, especially since they are cheaper. It really depends what you think the people in your group are going to be using them for.

ross11988
09-23-2007, 08:10 AM
I think of the Liberty Cards as something that is easy to carry around on a day to day basis and hand to people face to face one at a time. But for handing out to people in large groups as they're walking by, the slim jims are much, much easier. Also, the slim jims carry much more information, and that's a big plus in their favor, especially since they are cheaper. It really depends what you think the people in your group are going to be using them for.

Yea that makes since, like if I dont have the slim jims on me at all times i could just carry like 100 liberty cards.

njjack
09-23-2007, 08:58 AM
liberty cards are cool :)

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
09-23-2007, 09:13 AM
Didn't know slimjims were so cheap. Can someone post a link for purchase??

Corydoras
09-23-2007, 09:20 AM
http://www.ronpaul2008store.com/servlet/Categories?category=Slim+Jims

UtahApocalypse
09-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Also you can possibly have a meetup organizer contact campaign and they may send you slim jims! In Utah we have had like 6 boxes so far.

Dustancostine
09-23-2007, 09:33 AM
Also buying slim jims from the campaign will boost their fundraising numbers. I think this is going to be what propels us in fundraisings like it did for Obama (probably not on the same scale.) A lot of people are hesitant to "donate" to a campaign, but buying a t-shirt is different.

ross11988
09-23-2007, 12:59 PM
Also you can possibly have a meetup organizer contact campaign and they may send you slim jims! In Utah we have had like 6 boxes so far.

I am the organizer, how would i contact them?

Shatterhand
09-23-2007, 01:07 PM
There are also the mosaic flyers from a printer in New Hampshire. But it is true that if you buy slim jims from the campaign then its a donation to the campaign and therefore helps the campaign.

richard1984
09-23-2007, 01:07 PM

I agree with that. I carry Liberty Cards around with me everyday in my shirt pocket, beneath my "Ron Paul 2008" pin/button. Sometimes I just give them out one-by-one, and sometimes I run into a Ron Paul supporter and so I give all of the cards to him/her and ask him/her to give them to friends, family, neighbors, random people, or whatever. So yeah, the Liberty Cards are convenient for everyday use, but the Slim Jims are better as far as content is concerned.

They're both nice to have.