PDA

View Full Version : Heads up: IL photo enforced work zones

disorderlyvision
06-20-2009, 09:02 AM

Matt Collins
06-20-2009, 09:11 AM
Nothing good has ever come out of Illinois.... Lincoln, Daley, Obama, JFK's win... my speeding ticket on the way to the CFL St Louis event....grrrr

Thrashertm
06-20-2009, 09:12 AM
got this forwarded to me in an e-mail:

Supposedly it's a hoax...or outdated.

http://www.yelp.com/topic/chicago-photo-radar-yipes

phill4paul
06-20-2009, 09:57 AM
I believe we will be seeing an increase in penalties for speeding violation. They have already set the precedent through DUI legislation.

Already I have seen an editorial calling for fierce penalties for speeding in that it kills more people per year than DUI.

It won't be long before you see a ticket for speeding 5 miles over the limit with the same kinda penalties as DUI. 30 day suspension, $1,000 in court costs, mandatory state endorsed counciling (road rage?) and increased insurance premiums.

I'm sure the insurance companies and "revenoors" would love this idea.

Bruehound
06-20-2009, 10:19 AM
Because a ticket can only be issued if the face is photographed maybe we should all start wearing ski masks when driving thru these zones. Let's see how they like that.

angelatc
06-20-2009, 10:53 AM
Supposedly it's a hoax...or outdated.

http://www.yelp.com/topic/chicago-photo-radar-yipes

I haven't kept up with it but it was indeed a law that passed, and I've driven through construction zones with photo enforcement signs.

angelatc
06-20-2009, 10:54 AM
Because a ticket can only be issued if the face is photographed maybe we should all start wearing ski masks when driving thru these zones. Let's see how they like that.

Since the ultimate goal is to return to our European roots, they'll make it illegal.

james1906
06-20-2009, 11:07 AM
I haven't kept up with it but it was indeed a law that passed, and I've driven through construction zones with photo enforcement signs.

I've seen those too. I was the only person driving under the speed limit though. Those with Illinois plates paid no mind.

Austin
06-20-2009, 12:44 PM
Nothing good has ever come out of Illinois.... Lincoln, Daley, Obama, JFK's win... my speeding ticket on the way to the CFL St Louis event....grrrr

Haha, I got a ticket in Illinois about 10 minutes from the Iowa border. I was on my way to the Ron Paul's Christmas Vacation