PDA

View Full Version : The Grassroots people in L.A. really need your help! Please spread this message.

RestorLA
06-20-2009, 01:19 AM
SUMMARY OF EVENTS- WHY WE MUST SUPPORT THE GRASSROOTS IN LA.

Common Sense Revisited has a section on Bottom-Up government that shows that the government that works for the people comes from honest people working at the grassroots level from the bottom-up in the interest of the people. We can go to tea parties, hold signs, and call our representatives, but becoming or supporting that honest government which shuns Collectivism, Statism, and institutional top-down control is the surest path to Liberty and Prosperity.

About a year ago, I got involved with the Ron Paul campaign because I saw that our civil liberties were being destroyed, and I am also a very conservative person. The only honest conservative choice was Ron Paul for President. And I became passionate trying to get him elected.

One day while wearing my “Hope For America” shirt an older gentleman came up to me and said, “why don't you run for Republican Central Committee?” I expressed some interest. In time, I ran into other people who had been part of the L.A. Republican Party for a while, and some new like myself; and they reinforced and recommended this course of action, if I wanted to have a say in politics.

Well, we got together and planned on how to have some influence in the Los Angeles County party, which was in shambles because of self-serving leaders, so that it would be in the hands of the people once more. But first we had to depose the chairman who was running it as if it were her fiefdom. And she did not leave without a fight!

Once every two years the Republican Party of Los Angeles County elects their leadership at the State building downtown. We followed the rules and, with the grace of God, barely got the quorum and vote s necessary to make everything official. You can read about it here.

January2012.blogspot.com

To make a long story short, we elected leadership that day by a mere thread. And that new leadership's goal was just to get Republicans elected and to run the committee according to the rules. It was not about forcing any libertarian or radical agenda on the whole body or alienating anyone. The new chair was a grassroots person, quite conservative and honest -- and also a businessman. The party was beginning to function the right way under his chairmanship, but there was no excitement from the Populace and establishment interests withheld donations, hence no funding.*

The Top-Down establishment in CA seized that vulnerability to attack the entire new board, some of which are grassroots Campaign for Liberty activists like myself. They spread rumors that the reason the party wasn't working, was solely because of the current leadership. Even though it was pretty much defunct before we showed up. They stirred up passions and got committee members to go wild.

So last month they pulled an “animal farm” style coup d'etat on the county leadership in complete violation of Parliamentary Procedure and the Bylaws of the County Party. It was a fiasco. They created rules and motions out of thin air, didn't have the required votes in some instances, and lied their way through the meeting. They removed Executive Board members illegally by a simple majority vote without informing anybody that there was going to be a vote. All of this is on record and can be found on the websites below.

But make no mistake, the remainder of the rightful Executive Board, aside the ones that resigned that day, has legal authority. And they will support Robert.

As it stands, most of the people who didn't fall for the establishment's tricks are Liberty-minded “grassrooters.” The rightful chairman, in fact, is Robert Vaughn who was Ron Paul 2008 Campaign Coordinator in L.A. The only person who really could have anticipated this is The Almighty himself.

So now we are forced to come out in the open and are seeking help from like minded people. LA
is a huge place and we have lots of conservative voters that don't even bother voting. Our candidate selection is so slim that we might as well try something else.

As chance would have it, a person who really respects Freedom, The Constitution, and our civil rights is now in a position to lead conservatives to a new era of government of, by, and for the people. But these are not rich special interest people, they are people like you and me, and they need financial and moral support. There is no chance that “angry citizen,” “tea party 'grassrooters'” or Campaign For Liberty type candidates will have a chance with the leadership now pretending to be RPLAC. They have shot down the career ambitions of liberty-minded Repubicans before (i.e. Kenneth Sherman and Michael A. Jackson) and they will continue to do again.

Please spread the word virally about this situation. It’s not a conspiracy, it simply a state of affairs. Don't let the hard work of good Republicans go down the drain. We must make a stand.

They are setting a website called http://restorela.com Please give what you can. $1, $5, $20, $100. They will probably need legal counsel. And it takes money to run a party of that size. Once they come out in the open, they will be more inclusive of all interests instead of just special interests and move the party into the future.

Thank you for your support. Help spread this message to the blogosphere or through comments on websites or your email lists.

Don Wood

Member, 47th Assembly District
Chairman, 36th Congressional District

Republican Party Of Los Angeles

http://logop.us

http://RestoreLA.com

HOSTILE TAKEOVER AT THE LOS ANGELES COUNTY REPUBLICAN PARTY DECLARED ILLEGAL – NEW CHAIRMAN TAKES RIGHTFUL CONTROL

(For Immediate Release) -Grassroots Liberty Advocate, Robert Vaughn now has control of the largest county Republican Party in the nation-

In an unanticipated sequence of events pro-Constitutionalist and navy veteran Robert Vaughn, has moved into the position of Chairman with the Los Angeles County Republican Party (RPLAC) The previous Chairman, businessman Glen Forsch and 1st Vice Chairman Lydia Gutierrez resigned last month at the May 14, 2009 regular meeting. This sequence of events has made Mr. Vaughn, who was the duly elected 2nd Vice Chairman, the new head of the County Party.

Robert Vaughn's personal stance is for “Principles before Personalities and the Rule of Law with Inclusion.”

What caused the sudden shakeup?

Last December, during the normally held county reorganization meeting, a new Chairman (Forsch) had been elected by a quorum of Republican Central Committee Members. It was hoped that Forsch would overhaul the party that had seen voter registrations hemorrhage, donations dry up, and Republican wins decline to new lows.

Last month, at the regular county meeting, an illegal parliamentary motion to “Vacate the Chair,” and immediately replace the elected with a temporary Chair from outside the county. This was done for the sole purpose to hold a special election with only a single person running. This created a crisis and forced an arbitrary vote.

The person who commandeered the temporary chairmanship was Ventura County Republican Party Chairman Mike Osborn. Osborn is a citizen of Ventura County! He also allowed himself to be recognized in front of the entire committee as a Certified Professional Parliamentarian, which he has never been, to get the trust of the members to oust Mr. Forsch.

After the temp “Chair” was elected by the committee members, Glen Forsch and Lydia Gutierrez resigned and left the building. The rest of the board was systematically voted out of office.

What's was left of rightful executive board, along with their supporters, looked to counsel, did the necessary follow up research, and consulted the professional opinion of highly respected and government certified parliamentarians (such as Nancy Sylvester M.A. PRP CPP-T ) and discovered that the entirety of what happened that night was not only completely illegal, but a complete violation of the County Republican bylaws and a violation of Robert's Rules of Order and it principles . An absolute affront to every single Republican voter in Los Angeles County.

The purpose of the new Republic Leadership headed by Chairman Vaughn has now become to reposition the Republican image with a fresh look and principled leadership and candidates to promote a viable opposition to the dominant tide of over taxation, rampant spending, and corruption.

Chairman Vaughn, with the help of his new board, when elected, promises to work hard to create an environment that will encourage principled candidates, committed donors, and enthused individuals to volunteer their time to make Los Angeles County what it should be; a modern bastion of liberty and the most economically viable 800 square miles on Earth .

The new leadership of the Republican Party of Los Angeles County, in an order to generate emergency funds to keep the party afloat has started a PAC named “Restore the Los Angeles Republic” which can be found at (http://RestoreLA.com.) They will be modernizing their fundraising techniques by asking for funds directly from the populous instead of from a few special interests that demand quid pro quo and special privileges. There goals are to sustain the rule of law and promote honest leadership.

They ask for your moral and financial support.

6-15-2009
government,republican,county,politics,los angeles
-Grassroots Liberty Advocate, Robert Vaughn Now has Control of the Largest County Republican Party in the Nation-

PRLOG