PDA

View Full Version : thestimulist.com: RESOLVED: Ron Paul Owns The GOP

RonPaulR3VOLUTION
06-19-2009, 09:39 PM
RESOLVED: Ron Paul Owns The GOP
June 19th, 2009

http://thestimulist.com/resolved-ron-paul-was-right-all-along/

Back in ancient times (well, the winter of 2007-8, which at this point certainly feels like ancient times), Ron Paul was the class nerd of the Republican party. If a candidate was feeling the heat during the primary debates, a mere mention of Paul and a good eye-roll would send the hall into a chorus of laughter, like high schoolers in the cafeteria after a high school bully tips over some defenseless kid’s tray.

But in the 2009 version of the GOP, Paul is getting the proverbial last laugh. With Iraq off the front pages, Paul’s once heretical anti-war stance is no longer a burden. But those previously baffling rants about the Federal Reserve, monetary policy and the devaluation of the dollar—the same ones that made him easy target practice in the 2008 Republican debates? Dogma for the new GOP.

When the financial crisis hit, the Republicans needed a quick, unifying solution to pull out of the drawer. They had spent so much time thinking about abortion, tax cuts and war that few remembered the party’s anti-spending roots. That’s when Ron Paul busting out of the box that Romney, Guiliani and Huckabee stuffed him into and triumphantly emerged with the stacks of white papers that the party craved, railing against government largesse and Federal Reserve secrecy.

Five months into Obama’s presidency, the Republicans’ best momen was probably April 15—when “Tea Party” tax protests dominated the headlines. That kind of stridently libertarian, anti-feds message comes straight from the Ron Paul hymnal—in fact, some claim that the tea parties were the Paulites idea in the first place.

Now, not a few mainstream Republicans are rushing to kiss and make up with Dr. Paul. As his anti-spending message overtakes social conservatism at the GOP’s main domestic isssue, Paul is positioned as one of the few Republicans who can say that he was dissing the Federal Reserve before it was cool. And like the nerd who was picked on in high school before founding a tech start-up and making millions, Paul is now getting a lot of unexpected attention from the bullies who once made his life miserable.

WATCH Carlos Watson interviews Paul on MSNBC:

http://thestimulist.com/resolved-ron-paul-was-right-all-along/

South Park Fan
06-19-2009, 09:44 PM
I just hope they're not trying to subvert the movement.

Anti Federalist
06-19-2009, 11:54 PM
in fact, some claim that the tea parties were the Paulites idea in the first place.

They were our idea, ya miserable hack.

Brett
06-19-2009, 11:58 PM
Ann Coulter already said she thinks Ron Paul has the most support for a 2012 run.

I don't like her too much, but if she says that I'll buy a book of hers.

dr. hfn
06-20-2009, 12:36 PM
Ron Paul 2012!!!

pacelli
06-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Ann Coulter already said she thinks Ron Paul has the most support for a 2012 run.

That's the big media talking point. SAY you like Ron Paul. I wouldn't trust anyone in the media until they are actively campaigning for Ron Paul from the start of the 2012 race. Of course, as a reluctant candidate whose job it was to "strike the match", Ron will probably stay out of the limelight. Can't say I would blame him if he decided not to run either, he was looking pretty tired and rundown during the busiest time of the campaign. I think Ron feels most comfortable in the Congress.

anaconda
06-20-2009, 01:13 PM

Link?

tremendoustie
06-20-2009, 01:21 PM

Well, we had a tea party in dec 07, at faneuil hall, as well as parties elsewhere, and raised 6M dollars, so I'm not exactly sure where the debate is. Perhaps time travel has been invented and I'm not aware. Heck, we even dumped tea.

Theocrat
06-20-2009, 01:37 PM

Well, we had a tea party in dec 07, at faneuil hall, as well as parties elsewhere, and raised 6M dollars, so I'm not exactly sure where the debate is. Perhaps time travel has been invented and I'm not aware. Heck, we even dumped tea.

YouTube - Ron Paul: Tea Party 07 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKZmIzEMUN8)