PDA

View Full Version : Accused 9/11 mastermind says: 'I make up stories to stop the torture.'

FrankRep
06-19-2009, 05:22 PM
Accused 9/11 mastermind: ‘I make up stories’

Raw Story
June 16, 2009

In potentially another blow to advocates of torture and harsh interrogation, transcripts released yesterday show that alleged 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed says he made up stories to appease his interrogators.

”I make up stories,” Mohammed is quoted as saying in his 2007 Gitmo hearing. The alleged 9/11 plotter claimed to have taken part in at least 29 terrorist plots.

Mohammed says he told his questioners he didn’t know the location of Osama Bin Laden, and was tortured as a result.

“”Where is he? I don’t know,” Mohammed said. ‘Then he torture me. Then I said, ‘Yes, he is in this area or this is al Qaeda which I don’t know him.’ I said no, they torture me.’”

“Yet at the same military tribunal hearing, Mohammed ticked off a list of 29 terror plots in which he took part,” AP reported. “The transcripts were released as part of a lawsuit in which the American Civil Liberties Union is seeking documents and details of the government’s terror detainee programs.”

Full Story:
http://rawstory.com/08/news/2009/06/16/accused-911-mastermind-i-make-up-stories/

Steeleye
06-19-2009, 05:55 PM
He's lying. Give him another go until he tells the truth!

lynnf
06-19-2009, 07:25 PM
then there's the case of supposed serial killer Henry Lee Lucas, he confessed to serial killings, led police on a merry chase around the countryside for graves, then at the end said he made it all up, the only one he killed was his mother -- and they didn't even have to torture him!

lynn

cradle2graveconservative
06-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Edit