PDA

View Full Version : Alex Jones and Ron Pauls' image

ChristopherJ
06-03-2007, 12:40 AM
Does anyone think it may hurt RP's image to be on shows like Alex Jones?

I think most would agree that a lot of Americans would find many of Mr Jones' ideas to be on the "fringe". Wether or not you believe in what Alex Jones has to say is not really what I am trying to get at. The MSM has already made claims that RP is associated with the 911 truthers movement. Is this something that could hurt his mass appeal?

AlexAmore
06-03-2007, 12:48 AM
It could be, but does Ron Paul being interviewed on Fox mean he's a neocon? Anyways MSM will probably try to continue hammering at the subject, not much we can do about that as far as I know.

Alex Jones seems to have a large following. So that's a bonus.

BuddyRey
06-03-2007, 01:24 AM
If Alex Jones' 9/11 beliefs are on the fringe, then so must be the beliefs of at least 30% of the American people, as this, give or take a few points, is how many Americans believe the U.S. government had foreknowledge of 9/11, including those who believe it was an inside job. There is nothing whatsoever "extreme" about this belief, at least in my opinion. I'm actually not sure whether or not 9/11 was an inside job, but the more I learn, the more I begin to question the government's story.

thuja
06-03-2007, 01:54 AM
This would mean that Ron Paul is listening to and considering each point of view. He is thetype of President we must have. I am certainly voting for him.

winston84
06-03-2007, 02:19 AM

I think most would agree that a lot of Americans would find many of Mr Jones' ideas to be on the "fringe". Wether or not you believe in what Alex Jones has to say is not really what I am trying to get at. The MSM has already made claims that RP is associated with the 911 truthers movement. Is this something that could hurt his mass appeal?

No, and if you support Ron Paul you should put your doubts to rest concerning this deadbeat issue. Obviously Ron Paul thinks that being on the Alex Jones show is a positive for the campaign, either RP or someone from his staff has been on the show at least four times since he's declared his candidacy.

Alex Jones has turned much of his audience on to the idea of supporting Ron Paul; a candidate that appeals to people who happen to value liberty and that are aware of the damage that globalism is causing (nothing fringe about that). In fact, I first heard about RP on InfoWars.com myself. Let the MSM pick up on what they want. Awareness of Ron Paul is the only thing this campaign needs!

AgentSmith
06-03-2007, 03:11 AM
Much of Ron Pauls support over the last decade came from the Alex Jones show.

TheDuke
06-03-2007, 04:42 AM
Well, Ron doesn't sound like a conspiracy theorist when he's on Jones' show.

The only thing I really would want to know, how many people does Alex Jones have behind him?

IrrigatedPancake
06-03-2007, 05:54 AM
I think that decision is up to Ron.

4Horsemen
06-03-2007, 07:47 AM
Alex Jones is good people, RP isn't going to sell him out to fit into people's mainstream views which flawed beyond belief. If the sheep don't wake up, then they'll get what they deserve.

ChristopherJ
06-03-2007, 07:51 AM
It sounds like some people are offended that I ask this question. I thought it was a fair question. I am not passing judgement on Alex Jones or his listeners, I am just wondering out loud what the "masses" might think of it should the MSM latch onto it. In fact the AJ show was where I first heard of RP, so that was a good thing for me and I would guess many others.

I agree that it is up to RP to decide where he wants to do interviews. Just trying to think objectively.

beermotor
06-03-2007, 08:32 AM
There's a saying: any press is good press.

I think that holds true for RP as well. It's all about exposure for him at this point. Gotta get the message out. Remember - that's what this is all about! NOT the presidency... it's the MESSAGE.

kylejack
06-03-2007, 08:42 AM
I agree with you, but there isn't anything that can be done about it. We're just going to have to grit our teeth and smile and hope it doesn't hurt the campaign.

angelatc
06-03-2007, 11:35 AM
It sounds like some people are offended that I ask this question. I thought it was a fair question. I am not passing judgement on Alex Jones or his listeners, I am just wondering out loud what the "masses" might think of it should the MSM latch onto it. In fact the AJ show was where I first heard of RP, so that was a good thing for me and I would guess many others.

I agree that it is up to RP to decide where he wants to do interviews. Just trying to think objectively.

I think it's a fair question, too. Right now, Ron Paul doesn't get much air time, so I think he's better off getting his message out to whomever will listen.

I hope that when his requests to speak become more numerous that the AJ crowd doesn't feel slighted if he does not appear there as frequently as he once did. It would be easy to take that as a slight, but what's the point of preaching to the choir at the expense of getting a message out to the undecided?

I just hope that RP gives AJ a White House press pass when the day comes.

mconder
06-03-2007, 11:38 AM
but does Ron Paul being interviewed on Fox mean he's a neocon?

If Sean Hannity treated him as a friendly guest, then people might make the connection.

mconder
06-03-2007, 11:40 AM

This would certainly be the most entertaining possible outcome.

KingTheoden
06-03-2007, 11:53 AM
I think it is fine and does not have to be much of an issue as long as the interviews do not include material that can be construed as especially odd or 'fringe.' Since Dr. Paul goes on many radio shows and does a number of television interviews, it will be difficult to paint the man as a 'conspiracy nut.' While a large proportion of 9/11 activists support Ron Paul's candidacy, a great deal of his support is coming from traditional, mainline conservatives (and frustrated new voters).

It is up to us to be sure not to mix the campaign with 9/11 Truth because that is a surefire way to get the Congressman banned from any future debate. He has made clear his position on the issue, and has presented mainstream facts to support it. Juxtapose that with Giuliani who refuses to address Ron Paul's argument, but has no problem charging hundreds of thousands of dollars to give hour long talks on terrorism.

Informed Dissent
06-03-2007, 12:40 PM
Ron Paul chooses to associate with Alex Jones and his audience. I believe that answers this question.

His interview on the Alex Jones Show from this past week begins here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Lwit96lpM

and continues on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II1wd8T06Us

and on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyBjSJRFUCM

Jessica,
Houston911truth.org

AlexAmore
06-03-2007, 12:53 PM

This would certainly be the most entertaining possible outcome.

Good point. I do remember one interview on Fox where it was friendly, but that was before Ron Paul became superstar lol.:D

Brandybuck
06-03-2007, 01:16 PM
If Alex Jones' 9/11 beliefs are on the fringe, then so must be the beliefs of at least 30% of the American people, as this, give or take a few points, is how many Americans believe the U.S. government had foreknowledge of 9/11, including those who believe it was an inside job.
Polls lie. I can find polls that give Ron Paul 98% support. I can also find polls that give Ron Paul 0% support. They BOTH can't be right! And not only do polls lie, the sampling methods and actual sequence of questions are typically kept from us. Automatically believing a poll just because it seems to bollster a pre-conceived worldview is intellectual laziness.

I was polled last week on a local state referendum. The poll questions were extremely leading. I was astounded at how blatantly manipulative the questions were. Here's the template I heard: "If you know that this referendum would only cost [a tiny bit of money] but result in [vast public good], would you vote for it? Please answer on a scale of 1 to 5." Can you not see the bias in the question? In addition, the pollster kept wandering off the script with questions like "are you sure", and "surely you can't say no to this?"

I distrust all polls that don't give me their complete set of questions. I distrust all polls that won't give me their method of sampling. And I'm still suspicious of the remainder. You should all be as well.

Bob Cochran
06-03-2007, 01:19 PM
If Alex Jones' 9/11 beliefs are on the fringe, then so must be the beliefs of at least 30% of the American people, as this, give or take a few points, is how many Americans believe the U.S. government had foreknowledge of 9/11, including those who believe it was an inside job. There is nothing whatsoever "extreme" about this belief, at least in my opinion. I'm actually not sure whether or not 9/11 was an inside job, but the more I learn, the more I begin to question the government's story.
Is it more comforting to think the govt had something to do w/ 9/11, or that they were utterly incompetent in processing the intelligence they had that clearly indicated something like that was about to happen?

In a nutshell, was our govt evil, or idiotic?:eek:

Now don't all shout "BOTH" at once!:rolleyes:

vertesc
06-03-2007, 02:20 PM
I'm actually not sure whether or not 9/11 was an inside job, but the more I learn, the more I begin to question the government's story.

I'm with you on not being sure... but I'm sure of one thing: the 911 commission was a very effective ass cover for a lot of people, one way or the other. I don't believe the official story, simply because it's so implausible. Things like the fact that several of the "hijackers" are still alive and living the Middle East, or that the timelines offered by the FAA, the White House, and the 911 commission are all different. Or that the official story is that nothing survived a plane crash but a paper passport, or that the Pennsylvania crash left NO airplane debris. Don't even ask about WTC 7. All this stuff smells like someone's covering up for SOMETHING, be it incompetence or conspiracy.

Too many unasked questions, too many vested interests in the investigation, just like with the Warren Commission. I think Paul is right: when the students for 911 truth asked him if he would start a new 911 commission, he responded that whenever there's a government "commission" instead of a proper trial, it means that someone is covering up for something, and that a new government commission might not help things.

BTW, speaking of the magic bullet - do you know that that's still the official policy on JFK? One bullet traversed 15 layers of clothing, 7 layers of skin, approximately 15 inches of tissue, struck a tie knot, removed 4 inches of rib and shattered a radius bone - and the copper jacket remained perfectly intact. (wikipedia) I'm not a conspiracy nut, but the 911 commission's recounting of events is just as fishy as the magic bullet... and I don't trust either of them.

lynnf
06-03-2007, 02:30 PM
"It sounds like some people are offended that I ask this question."

Maybe not offended, but I think it's off the mark. Ron doesn't sound like a conspiracy theorist when on the show, but from the times I've heard him, it seems that he knows what we know about how 911 went down. When Dr. Stephen Jones's proof of thermate involvement gets peer reviewed and published that will add a whole other wrinkle to it. Undeniability.

Lynn

Shmuel Spade
06-03-2007, 05:30 PM

Yes, I do.

I think most would agree that a lot of Americans would find many of Mr Jones' ideas to be on the "fringe".

Agreed.

Wether or not you believe in what Alex Jones has to say is not really what I am trying to get at.

Understood.

The MSM has already made claims that RP is associated with the 911 truthers movement. Is this something that could hurt his mass appeal?

Absolutely. It has in fact already become a sticking point when talking to folks about Rep. Paul. They'll say, "He actively courts the attention of CTists." And there is no argument against that, because it's true. What I've said in response to that is that Rep. Paul accepts attention where he can, as the MSM ignore him.

Kuldebar
06-03-2007, 05:51 PM
Part of the revolution involves Americans learning the value of tolerance for other people's opinions. Americans, by and large, spend a lot of lip service on tolerance but in practice they tend to be rather intolerant of people that have unconventional viewpoints.

Liberty and freedom requires tolerance of others and the strength to resist shutting down the voice of people that have different viewpoints. Especially if they are using their own soap box, and not yours.

Ron Paul talks to everyone. He values diversity and not exactly according to the government labels, but actual individual diversity. (That shallow, superficial federal approved diversity often shorts shrifts the individual)

This is why people need to enlarge their world view. David Duke supports Ron Paul, well so what? Freedom appeals to all type of people.

Most of the "devils" vilified in MSM aren't nearly as bad as the proclaimed heroes we have foisted upon. Yes, bigots are narrow minded and often ignorant people, but they have a right to be bigots as long as they don't use the force of government to promote their bigotry.

I would much rather have someone refuse to serve me lunch than have them forced to serve me lunch and spit in my food.

Yes, even rude people like freedom.

We have to understand that, and Alex Jones, to my mind, is a good guy.

ChristopherJ
06-03-2007, 06:10 PM
I am happy to see my post get so much attention. Thanks to everyone who responded.

I do listen to AJ a couple times a week. Mostly because I enjoy hearing the other side of a debate. Unfortunately this is not the case for a lot of people in this country.