PDA

View Full Version : George Mason U. - State freedom rankings 1-50

Anti Federalist
06-19-2009, 11:50 AM
Worth a read.

http://chicagocopwatch.org/wp-content/uploads//2009/04/freedominthe50states.pdf

NH number 1 overall. (most free)

NY number 50 overall. (least free)

They "nicked" NH a couple of points by claiming, on page 32 I think it was, that NH has no "free passage" for firearms, claiming that you need a CCW to carry a firearm in a vehicle. This is not quite true, you need a CCW to carry a loaded weapon in a vehicle.

Q: Do I need a license to carry a gun?

A: Yes, but only for these two purposes (per RSA 159:4): (1) to carry a loaded handgun concealed upon the person, other than in your home or place of business (where you can do so without a license); and (2) to have a loaded handgun in a vehicle (whether the handgun is concealed or not).

I’m not sure if riding a motorcycle or bicycle is considered being “in a vehicle”; maybe your lawyer can answer that, but as far as I’m concerned, it’s always wise to take a conservative approach to these questions.

Note that you may not have a loaded rifle or shotgun in a vehicle, by the way (per fish and game law RSA 207:7 – where “vehicle” means a motor vehicle, aircraft, or powered or towed boat, but apparently not an unpowered rowboat or canoe).

http://www.pgnh.org/gunlawfaqs

South Park Fan
06-19-2009, 11:55 AM
Too bad to live in #46, the Peoples' Republic of California.

Scofield
06-19-2009, 11:55 AM
New York is horrible when it comes to freedom, but I can't see myself leaving.

I've lived here all my life, and while I hate the state government, the taxes, the bureaucracy, the politicians, and sometimes the people; but I still love it here. I love the landscape, I love the history, I have family here, and on and on.

New York has so much farming land, we could thrive if it weren't for government.

Steeleye
06-19-2009, 12:01 PM
WOOO! Number 2 overall oppressive state. Can we put that on our tourist brochures?