PDA

View Full Version : Pauloween Haunted Houses

tangent4ronpaul
09-22-2007, 11:47 PM
Is anyone interested in setting up a dual “Haunted House” this Halloween? Dual, as there would be a traditional one for the young kids and one for the older teens and parents. The first, traditional. The second, a civil rights and direction our country is going type of one. I imagine the parents would be more scared coming out than their kids, if done right.

Newspapers list public Haunted Houses for free, right before Halloween... Don't forget the community, school, military and church ones... Radio stations will publicize them as a PSA... Some community TV stations will list it. Got those media contact lists together?

Here is a HUGE page of links for everything related to making a Hounted House:

http://www.kimskrypt.com/links3.htm

Nathan

njandrewg
09-22-2007, 11:51 PM
its easy:

a) cut out of Rudy in a dress
b) sound cue Rudy laughing
c) On the floor chalk outlines with rights lost

wgadget
09-23-2007, 05:44 AM
http://cmsimg.freep.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=C4&Date=20070923&Category=NEWS07&ArtNo=709230669&Ref=AR&Profile=1009&MaxW=275&MaxH=300&border=0

JPFromTally
09-23-2007, 07:05 AM
Room 1: 12 heavily armed federal agents "raid" your house by kicking the door in and make you lay on the ground with machine guns pointed at you.

Room 2: Federal agents are listening to your private phone calls and reading your mail.

Room 3: IRS agents audit you.

Room 4: A grocery store of the near future where milk costs $12 and bread costs $8. The gasoline outside is $10 a gallon.

Room 5: Your handcuffed and put in to an internment camp for saying something that the government found offensive. If you pay extra you can get tased.

Now that's a haunted house!

bbachtung
09-23-2007, 01:16 PM
Room 1: 12 heavily armed federal agents "raid" your house by kicking the door in and make you lay on the ground with machine guns pointed at you.

Room 2: Federal agents are listening to your private phone calls and reading your mail.

Room 4: A grocery store of the near future where milk costs $12 and bread costs $8. The gasoline outside is $10 a gallon.

Room 5: Your handcuffed and put in to an internment camp for saying something that the government found offensive. If you pay extra you can get tased.

Brilliant.

tangent4ronpaul
09-23-2007, 10:23 PM
From Facebook:

“I thought the Haunted House was serious, but making the "monsters" Presidential Candidates? The original poster talked about the second one being where our country is heading, which is also somewhat feasible, but I don't remember talking about candidates being part of it. Most people won't recognize what they are seeing or "get it", unless you flat out tell them or they are Ron Paul supporters.”

== == == == == == == == == == == == == == == ==

The ideas of the other candidates as monsters, witches and demons is interesting, and while it might be effective on the kids side of the Haunted House, I don't think it would have the desired effect on the adults. I did love the suggestion of Hitlary on a broom, in a witches costume though.

And yes, it is a serious idea – I was thinking more along the lines of peering into the future and looking at what doesn't get reported now. Present legislation that has passed and doesn't get reported, legislation that is in Congress and being considered. Spill the beans about the NAU and the Superhighway.

A gas station checkout – 1 gallon milk at 10 Amero's –, 4 gallons gas at 30 Amero's a Gallon is 120 Amero's, a candy bar at 5 Amero's, etc... Your ration cards and National ID, please. Customer asks clerk if he has any multi-vitamins. Clerk shoots back, I DON'T deal in controlled drugs! - I should report you for asking! Twilight Zone query – fiction or reality? - unfortunately, reality – congress in now considering legislation that would ban most herbal supplements and make vitamins a prescription Item. The merging of Canada, the United states and Mexico is real too... as is the RFID chipped National ID card....

Have several maps of the NAU and superhighway throughout. Maybe take off on the propaganda ads in Starship Troopers: “Want to find out more – visit this web site...” (real web sites, and I mean like the NAU ones, not Infowars. We want people to take the threat seriously and not discount it due to other content on some sites).

husband and wife: honey – did you remember to apply for a travel permit to visit grandma? I know it's only 20 miles, but it's technically in the next city and we don't want to get arrested... (background – a TV playing a PSA: Citizens, for your safety, obey curfew and travel restrictions. Anyone without the proper paperwork is subject to arrest. We KNOW where you are – we can see everything. Picture of National ID card and RFID tracking chip – fade to pics of poll cams at intersections...).

The above is actually a takeoff on a propaganda leaflet that the US dropped on Iraq prior to the invasion – it had a picture of a satellite and in Arabic said we can see everything – do not try to resist.

Fade out with the spouse asking if they are having Alpo casserole again for dinner...

Maybe segue into discussing putting jr's college plans on hold because he just received a draft notice and wondering if he'd be going to Iran, Syria or North Korea to fight...

Newscast: w/ film clips of the students being tazered for asking a question, the one that also got tazered for not having their ID on them and the people that got attested for reading the first amendment at a protest where they had a permit – the cops refused to tell them why they were being arrested. Images of “free speech zones” Maybe a room for each of rights in the BoR, with a copy of the Constitution at the exit to each – adding a big X through that right as they leave.

Then stories about the US trucking industry going out of business due to the superhighway and NAU, with Mexican truckers taking over, however, consumers will be happy to learn that shipping costs have gone down 5% due to the sub-standard Mexican wages... Meanwhile, another wave of eminent domain property seizures will claim another 20,000 homes to make way for an expansion of the Superhighway... In related North American Union news, the government announced today that the skyrocketing inflation should be leveling off as the former US and Canadian dollar are stabilizing with the value of the peso and that the widespread unemployment and shortages should level off within 5 years. On the positive side, Sallie May reported record profits and now boasts owning 40% of the real estate in the former United States. Much of this due to the rash of foreclosures due to tripling property taxes, gas, food and utility costs. Hardest hit were those on fixed incomes. Meanwhile, due to skyrocketing pharmaceutical costs, especially for those mandatory drugs that 80% of school age children are required to take due to mandatory testing for ADHD and skyrocketing costs of the FREE mandatory Universal Health Insurance a 10% tax has been added to all NAU citizens income taxes... In a related story, average wait time to get a doctors appointment has increased from 4 to 5 months. And the government announced today that it will be printing another 14 Trillion dollars to keep all the social programs and war funding afloat. Another terrorism alert is in effect for region 8 and all travel passes have been canceled till further notice. Commander Bush will be celebrating his 13th year in office, since eliminating public elections – all subject of the union are encouraged to join the celebrations.

Ad for tax preparation service – We will do your state, federal, NAU and UN taxes in 24 hours or less! - Just 5,000 Amero's – Price subject to change without notice, due to rapid inflation.

Armed government agents from the department of agriculture showing up (like a SWAT team) to RFID lil Betties pet rabbit and arrest the parents for non-compliance with their regulations.

Posters or video ads warning that it is illegal to buy produce or dairy products from non-approved sources like underground farmers markets and anyone caught with non-Monsanto seeds is subject to arrest and indefinite detention.

Maybe have posters on the walls as they go through from the Propaganda Remix Project – some are very appropriate.

Things like the “fascism is fun”or “ordering a pizza in a police state” youtube vid would be appropriate.

In general, make everything dull and drab – like a scene from 1984. Have surveillance camera's and soldiers and cops with assault rifles everywhere. Have lots of “you are under surveillance” and “report suspicious behavior” signs (WWII propaganda poster style) everywhere.

Having slides of the candidates and others (especially the ones where they are snarling or look badly) and recording of some of their more colorful comments, like Hitlary saying that we need to take some of your rights, etc. would be right on target!

Don't forget the civil rights graveyard.

I'm sure others could think of other things to put in here. Over the top? - absolutely! In the last room, explain that all of what they have just seen is real or could easily become reality – cite legislation that is in process or has already passed. Maybe cite these things as they leave each room. Explain that there is really no difference between the democrats and the republicans with one exception, and that only they can turn this country around... Give them some Ron Paul literature...

I think something like the above, while probably too far over the top, would scare the Bejesus out of any parent that went through it...

Nathan

== == == == == == == == == ==
Facebook:

Instead of conventional monsters, how about police-state enforcers and greedy tax collectors jumping out and scaring people?

Dracula could be easily replaced by Rudy Guiliani

Which other candidates for president can be made into movie monsters?

Giuliani is tall and skinny, so he might work as Dracula. McCain is prone to outbursts, so we could have him ranting and raving and running around with a chain-saw.

Romney might work as a werewolf--leftist and statist until the full moon of the potential to be the GOP nominee shines upon him and he shape-shifts into a neoconservative. :)

Don't forget, Hilary Clinton can be the witch.

Good point. We mustn't forget the Democrats

Hillary Clinton with a cauldron full of icky things (Vince Foster perhaps?), Gravel ranting and raving with a chainsaw too, and I really can't think of any others right now.

Bush as the devil, no doubt.

Actually, typically the devil mask himself as something everyone likes and hides his true evil behind superficial appearance and deception, thats why he is often referred to as the "Great Deceiver"

Therefore I nominate Obama to be the devil.

I can't see the average undecided voter getting a positive impression from this. All the people who believe America is heading towards a police state are already supporting Paul or another civil liberties-minded candidate. Telling everyone else how "fascist" or "imperialistic" America is will just make them angry and offended.

Paul talks about keeping a positive message. We should follow his words.

Amen. It's funny to joke about, but not a good idea. I'd stick with the positive Pauloween ideas, like passing out literature and DVDs to the parents of kids who are trick-or-treating, etc.

I can't believe you are actually taking what we are saying seriously. Clearly its a joke and its not feasible to do something like this (not the Haunted House part, but the "characters" in it). Though it is funny.

Giving RP literature out with candy strikes me as a good idea.

Genius, bundle a flyer with the candy and give it to the parents (or kids, most parents check their kids candy to make sure its safe).

Also, Ron Paul pumpkins would be cool.
http://ronpauloween.com/

I actually thought it was a serious idea too.

I thought the Haunted House was serious, but making the "monsters" Presidential Candidates? The original poster talked about the second one being where our country is heading, which is also somewhat feasible, but I don't remember talking about candidates being part of it. Most people won't recognize what they are seeing or "get it", unless you flat out tell them or they are Ron Paul supporters.

We could go around giving people back some candy and say that this is what will happen with taxes if Ron Paul becomes President.

But the only problem with that is that some people might think they could be poisened, but that problem could be solved.

And this actually brought up another good idea. We should make Ron Paul candy (and also take advantage of things like the thing Herses does where you can put messages on the strip of paper for a herses kiss.

earlier someone was talking about halloween decorations and proposed the idea of placing headstones out in your yard, and have on them the names of what use to be our constitutional rights i.e. "here lies Habeas Corpus: 1789-2001." also, to join in on the fun i would like to see thompson as frankenstein

Myspace:

Wow! I like that idea. Government has become quite haunting in the last century!

I dunno...

That sounds too scary.
I don't think people could handle it.

You'd have to have an ambulance on hand for heart attacks, etc...

And probably some psuedo-Nazi stuff - with eagles and American Flag colors...

RonPaulForums:

its easy:

a) cut out of Rudy in a dress
b) sound cue Rudy laughing
c) On the floor chalk outlines with rights lost

http://cmsimg.freep.com/apps/pbcsi.d...300&bo rder=0

Waterboarding for apples FTW!

Gotta have people dressed up like various neocons and neolibs.

511:

How about a tombstone that says

Viet Nam
Anti-War Demonstrations

Born: December 1964
Died:?May 4, 1970

~ nina