PDA

View Full Version : WOW! (If true)

Old Ducker
06-18-2009, 03:04 PM
(From Iranian twitterer persianq)

RT Iran CONFIRMED: the army is called off, police have been seen wearing green and protecting protesters from besiji

23 minutes ago from web

Sandman33
06-18-2009, 03:22 PM

RT Iran CONFIRMED: the army is called off, police have been seen wearing green and protecting protesters from besiji

23 minutes ago from web

Yes I heard that too, that the police have joined the citizens....beings a tear to my eye.

diggronpaul
06-18-2009, 03:33 PM

23 minutes ago from web
I don't believe a damn thing about Iran... and I haven't for years. Everything about that place is manufactured for the American audience.

Hmmm.... so I heard that cuts all communications out of Iran except Twitter & Facebook, or something like that. Give me a break!

That entire place has been totally controlled since at least 1953. It's just another show, just like Howard Beale's Network.... and we're the stupid audience who can barely clap on queue.

dannno
06-18-2009, 03:42 PM
It's just another show, just like Howard Beale's Network.... and we're the stupid audience who can barely clap on queue.

This.

A $400 million CIA party.

emazur
06-18-2009, 04:39 PM
Yes I heard that too, that the police have joined the citizens....beings a tear to my eye.

This is one of the best arguments for the 2nd amendment. Often when you say "the people need guns to defend themselves from a tyrannical govt" someone will respond - "yeah, right, like a bunch of ragtags would have a chance in hell standing up against the US military" (despite that the Vietnamese were able to do so). Well if the police~military join forces with an armed suppressed people to fight a tyrannical government, their argument becomes completely invalid

IPSecure
06-18-2009, 04:44 PM
Can we ask the CIA to help put Dr. Paul in the White House?

zach
06-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Let's stage a rebellion against tyranny, invite some news pundits, and see what happens.

Dieseler
06-18-2009, 07:26 PM
Can we ask the CIA to help put Dr. Paul in the White House?

Wouldn't hurt to try.

lynnf
06-18-2009, 08:58 PM
Wouldn't hurt to try.

yeah, the worst that could happen is that they rendition you and then waterboard you continuously!

lynn

Dieseler
06-18-2009, 09:17 PM
yeah, the worst that could happen is that they rendition you and then waterboard you continuously!

lynn

No... They may kill me but they won't be watering any part of me.
Sad as it is for me to say that.