PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Bachmann Refuses To Fill Out 2010 Census

Steeleye
06-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Bachmann, a Republican, said her family will only be indicating the number of people in the household, because "the Constitution doesn't require any information beyond that."
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/06/18/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry5095844.shtml

Sounds like a plan to me.

carmaphob
06-18-2009, 03:24 PM
ahhh, the comments really piss me off!

yongrel
06-18-2009, 03:26 PM
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally.

ctiger2
06-18-2009, 03:41 PM
You go girl! Maybe all those emails I've been sending her are finally getting to her... :D

MRoCkEd
06-18-2009, 03:44 PM
good for her

Steeleye
06-18-2009, 03:44 PM
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally.

What do you mean by that?

Lovecraftian4Paul
06-18-2009, 04:33 PM
I'm really impressed at the positions Bachmann continues to take. Now, if she would tone down the left-right, Democrats vs. Republicans paradigm a little and come around to non-interventionism, I would gladly look to her as a good Senate candidate in MN in 2012.

tron paul
06-18-2009, 05:26 PM
You GO Michelle!

Bachmann & Palin are the GOP's new 'it girls.' They upstage the Hilldawg and Goony Goo-Goo, big time!

Following her example, I too will only answer census questions directly related to enumeration!

RSLudlum
06-18-2009, 05:30 PM
Good to hear. I've already informed all my friends and family to do the same.

South Park Fan
06-18-2009, 05:42 PM
Good for Michele! If only we can get her to come around in foreign policy...

anaconda
06-18-2009, 05:47 PM
I'm beginning to really like this woman. If she would drop the gay bashing and the war mongering we could run a Paul/Bachmann ticket in 2012.

Anti Federalist
06-18-2009, 05:51 PM
ahhh, the comments really piss me off!

They did?

I didn't see anything there other than the usual "left/right" nonsense.

By the time I read it, it had devolved into an ACORN argument between "libtards" and "knuckle draggers".

Now, I usually do get pissed at watching the foolish fights over the foolish labels over foolish "non events", but I'm learning to control that.

The fluoridated brain soup sleeple are not going to be the one's driving the agenda in the future, events are going to overcome them like a tidal wave and they'll be dragged along kicking and screaming whether they like it or not.

I have no more time or patience for their petty squabbles.

Annihilia
06-18-2009, 06:01 PM
If you thought those comments were bad then you definitely don't want to look at the Digg submission for this..

yongrel
06-18-2009, 06:10 PM

Bachmann is a crazy person. It's a shame that she has to agree with me every once and a while.

Annihilia
06-18-2009, 06:11 PM
That fake Washington prayer took the cake..

I do think she means well, though.

Steeleye
06-18-2009, 06:14 PM
Bachmann is a crazy person. It's a shame that she has to agree with me every once and a while.

Oh. All I remember about her is that she was endorsed by Paul's Liberty PAC.

Dianne
06-18-2009, 06:26 PM
I have to lmao..... I live in a suburban subdivision in North Carolina and I have not seen or heard from a census taker. If the Federal government spearheads a project.... believe you me it is inferior and will fail.

Dieseler
06-19-2009, 06:26 PM
EXCLUSIVE: Minn. lawmaker vows not to complete Census

By Stephen Dinan
Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Outspoken Republican Rep. Michele Bachmann says she's so worried that information from next year's national census will be abused that she will refuse to fill out anything more than the number of people in her household.

In an interview Wednesday morning with The Washington Times "America's Morning News," Mrs. Bachmann, Minnesota Republican, said the questions have become "very intricate, very personal" and she also fears ACORN, the community organizing group that came under fire for its voter registration efforts last year, will be part of the Census Bureau's door-to-door information collection efforts.

"I know for my family the only question we will be answering is how many people are in our home," she said. "We won't be answering any information beyond that, because the Constitution doesn't require any information beyond that."

Shelly Lowe, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Census Bureau, said Mrs. Bachmann is "misreading" the law.

She sent a portion of the U.S. legal code that says anyone over 18 years of age who refuses to answer "any of the questions" on the census can be fined up to $5,000.

The Constitution requires a census be taken every 10 years. Questions range from number of persons in the household and racial information to employment status and whether anyone receives social services such as food stamps.

Mrs. Bachmann said she's worried about the involvement of ACORN, the Association of Community Organizers for Reform Now, in next year's census.

Audio Clip at link

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jun/17/exclusive-minn-lawmaker-fears-census-abuse/

Steeleye
06-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Beat you to it: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=196448&highlight=census

Dieseler
06-19-2009, 06:36 PM

It means he's a nut and you squirreled him out of his nut hole.
No seriously, didn't see your thread OP so bumping yours up, I did search Bachman by the way.
This thread did not come up, maybe cause I left off the last n in Bachmann.
Dunno.

I think what they will do is tell everyone that if you don't answer their questions that your number of living at home will not count towards your representation in Congress.
What ya think?

Crowish
06-19-2009, 06:38 PM

haha those are my thoughts exactly.

Steeleye
06-19-2009, 06:48 PM
I think what they will do is tell everyone that if you don't answer their questions that your number of living at home will not count towards your representation in Congress.
What ya think?

I don't think they can do that. But if they did I'd take that shit to the supreme court.

Dieseler
06-19-2009, 06:56 PM
I don't think they can do that. But if they did I'd take that shit to the supreme court.

I dunno, they seem to be doing a lot of things lately that I wouldn't have thought they would try.
Think about it though.
What kind of person wouldn't answer the questions they are asking for the right reasons?
They would love to cut the representation of a demographic like that down.
I'm a doomer and I always seem to see the worst case scenario lately.
That's my worst case scenario.

james1906
06-19-2009, 07:10 PM
I have to lmao..... I live in a suburban subdivision in North Carolina and I have not seen or heard from a census taker. If the Federal government spearheads a project.... believe you me it is inferior and will fail.

Rest assured, the feds took your house's GPS coordinates while you were gone.

Dieseler
06-19-2009, 07:22 PM
Beat you to it: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=196448&highlight=census

My bad.

Steeleye
06-19-2009, 07:43 PM
I dunno, they seem to be doing a lot of things lately that I wouldn't have thought they would try.
Think about it though.
What kind of person wouldn't answer the questions they are asking for the right reasons?

Oh God. What are we going to do?

roho76
06-19-2009, 09:06 PM
I opened the door and told them I was not interested before he could get a word out as if I thought they were selling something. This was the second time. The first time I walked him to the edge of the property and told him not to touch his Predator drone missile target locating coordinate device until he was off my property. He looked puzzled. I also told him to go home and read the Constitution instead of jerking off to Obama YouTubes.

Steeleye
06-19-2009, 09:14 PM
I opened the door and told them I was not interested before he could get a word out as if I thought they were selling something. This was the second time. The first time I walked him to the edge of the property and told him not to touch his Predator drone missile target locating coordinate device until he was off my property. He looked puzzled. I also told him to go home and read the Constitution instead of jerking off to Obama YouTubes.

Great idea. I'll do that too, if I encounter them.

South Park Fan
06-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Think about it though.

A silver lining of that would be that it would win over more people to the state-sovereignty movement.