PDA

View Full Version : Appeals Court Backs Prison for E-Mail Obscenity

disorderlyvision
06-18-2009, 02:48 PM
[.

TonySutton
06-18-2009, 02:55 PM
Might this be read to make dirty talk via text message or instant messenger illegal?

tangent4ronpaul
06-18-2009, 03:01 PM
Better build more prisons - we are going to have to lock up at least a fifth of the population! :rolleyes:

-t

tangent4ronpaul
06-18-2009, 03:47 PM
perhaps sensing a chance to smuggle bad law onto the back of an unsympathetic defendant — also charged Whorley for having unsavory manga under the recently-enacted Protect Act, which outlaws obscene cartoons depicting minors engaging in sexually explicit conduct.

OK - starting to really worry here! - now do I still have that drawing I made in like the 6th grade.... yeah, I was thinking impure thoughts about classmates of the female persuasion at the time - though I think it came out more like stick figures... can you attach an age to stick figures? :rolleyes:

This is getting incredibly INSANE!

Not that into Manga myself, but I know people that are. I've seen this sort of thing for sale locally in comic book and video stores. It's widely available on the internet. This is TOTAL BS!

I guess this would make many classic underground comics of significant collectors value illegal. For that matter, why aren't the sex cops raiding museums and going after Renaissance paintings?

-t