PDA

View Full Version : Vote Hemp Update: Maine passes hemp farming bill

disorderlyvision
06-18-2009, 01:06 PM

TCE
06-18-2009, 01:54 PM
This is fantastic news. It pokes holes in the current DEA agenda, which is always nice. Thank you for bringing us the news. With all of the horrible happenings going on, it is always nice to hear of a victory, however small it may be.

Elwar
06-18-2009, 02:00 PM
But what about people trying to grow pot in their back yards? This will make their crop useless.

TCE
06-18-2009, 02:12 PM
But what about people trying to grow pot in their back yards? This will make their crop useless.

You're going to have to explain that one to me, unless it's sarcasm.

Freedom 4 all
06-18-2009, 02:13 PM
Maine is pretty cold most of the year. Can hemp even survive Maine's climate?

eduardo89
06-18-2009, 03:51 PM

Build yourself a greenhouse, you'll get better quality pot ;)

fr33domfightr
06-18-2009, 04:08 PM
We had a bill like that in Cali, probably 6 months ago. Schwarzenegger vetoed it because he said it conflicted with Federal Law. What an idiot.

FF

bullterrier0
06-18-2009, 04:18 PM

The fahmah up the rod grows canteloupe and watermelon every year, I suspect a rugged plant like hemp will do just fine.;)

jkr
06-18-2009, 04:18 PM
sooooo can they grow it now or not?

Indy Vidual
06-18-2009, 04:23 PM

Short growing season...
Hemp can grow 20 feet in only 4 months.

TCE
06-18-2009, 07:01 PM
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a form of nullification, right?

disorderlyvision
06-18-2009, 07:20 PM
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a form of nullification, right?

you mean nullify marijuana laws? No

Hemp = marijuana with little to no thc, ditch weed basically. But it has a lot of good commercial uses. Kinda stupid for hemp to be illegal in the first place, as it has no intoxicating effects

TCE
06-18-2009, 07:27 PM
you mean nullify marijuana laws? No

Hemp = marijuana with little to no thc, ditch weed basically. But it has a lot of good commercial uses. Kinda stupid for hemp to be illegal in the first place, as it has no intoxicating effects

I mean nullifying the DEA laws that currently allow the DEA to prosecute farmers for growing marijuana or industrial hemp. Hemp is banned to protect the cotton farmers.

Objectivist
06-18-2009, 07:30 PM
My 1921 Cyclopedia of Farming has some great information about hemp as a farm crop. It seems to make a wonderful soil conditioner when rotating crops, helps increase the nitrogen levels without fertilizers.

Rael
06-18-2009, 08:07 PM
Arent hemp and marijuana the same species of plant? Isn't hemp just a strain of marijuana that grows more fiber and less thc?

Aratus
06-19-2009, 09:15 AM
this sorta makes one want to go up to maine and raise a cash crop other than potatos... you do know hemp doesn't really have much of a buzz

HOLLYWOOD
06-19-2009, 09:43 AM
From an e-mail update:

Eight companies, including Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps, French Meadow Bakery, Hemp Oil Canada, Hemp Traders, Living Harvest, Manitoba Harvest, The Merry Hempsters and Nutiva, have donated products to Vote Hemp to help us educate state legislators about industrial hemp so they can make intelligent and well-informed votes on the bills before them.

These companies have been on the leading edge of the growing hemp food and body care markets, which are currently estimated to be $113 million a year in North American retail sales by the Hemp Industries Association (HIA). Annual retail sales of all hemp products are estimated to be around $360 million. With your help, hemp can truly become the "New Billion-Dollar Crop."

Their website: http://www.votehemp.com (http://www.votehemp.com)

Where's the BIOFUEL segment? Hemp blows away Corn, switch grass, et al.

I'm sure the AGRI lobbyist consortium will be pulling FEDERAL strings to end any HEMP approvals by the states.

#1 BIOFUEL yield of Ethanol = HEMP... not corn.

youngbuck
06-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Hemp is also the best thing to make paper out of, among other things that it's best at.

Indy Vidual
06-19-2009, 07:02 PM
...Kinda stupid for hemp to be illegal in the first place, as it has no intoxicating effects

Hemp is the real reason pot is illegal.
The Emperor Wears No Clothes (http://www.jackherer.com/chapter03.html)

jkr
06-19-2009, 07:53 PM
^truth