PDA

View Full Version : A Good Idea from C4L Blog.

JasonC
06-18-2009, 08:05 AM
I saw this posted in the C4L blog section, and I thought it was a pretty good idea. The idea is in the second half of Brent Stafford's blog copy/pasted below.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=20141

Since his Inauguration, the President has called on all Americans to serve our communities and be a part of building a better future for our country. And given this unique moment in our history with the unprecedented challenges we are facing, there isn't a more important time than now for us to get involved.

That is why today the President is announcing United We Serve -- a call to action for all Americans to volunteer this summer and be part of building a new foundation for America, one community at a time.

We know that ordinary people can accomplish extraordinary things when empowered with the proper tools. The Corporation for National Service, the federal agency dedicated to fostering service in communities across the country, is providing those tools on their website, Serve.gov. They make it easy to not only find volunteer opportunities in our neighborhoods, but also to create and promote our own projects.

It's time to roll-up our sleeves and get to work. Watch the President's announcement below and get started at Serve.gov.

---------------------------

Sounds like a plan. While I oppose almost every thing President Obama does, I decided since I'm already working hard for the cause of liberty, perhaps there were opportunities to help that cause I was missing out on.

So I go the the serve.gov website. Its nice and pretty and has this great tool to search for volunteer opportunities.

My first search was "constitution". No results. Hmmm, shouldn't people have the chance to reassert the US Constitution as part of "building a new foundation for America".

So I did what wany red, white, and blue blooded member of the C4L would do. I created an organization on the site for the Missouri Region I coordinate and I will post events I want volunteers and attendees for.

I would encourage all of us, from Local Coordinators to State Coordinators, to give people using the service President Obama is promoting the chance to find us and help truly rebuild America.

dr. hfn
06-18-2009, 12:41 PM
counter intelligence huh?