PDA

View Full Version : "4th amendment does not apply to military operations on US soil"...

Reason
06-18-2009, 03:21 AM
Anyone know exactly which "opinion" she is referring to and if it has been removed or not? Holder didn't know...

At least she gets points for wanting it gone!

YouTube - C-SPAN-SJC Hearing - Sen. Feinstein and AG Holder: Email surveillance, and the OLC (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBNgyZccQAM)

This video originally posted here
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=196373
in regard to the NY times eavesdropping article

Please refer to that thread for discussion on the NY Times article and use this thread for discussion on this legal "opinion" that is being referred to.

Minarchy4Sale
06-18-2009, 03:35 AM
so much for the dems being friends of privacy. Apparently privacy only matters in the bedroom.

Reason
06-18-2009, 03:55 AM
so much for the dems being friends of privacy. Apparently privacy only matters in the bedroom.

She is trying to make sure that the invasive unconstitutional opinion has been removed...

That's a good thing...

youngbuck
06-18-2009, 03:59 AM
She is trying to make sure that the invasive unconstitutional opinion has been removed...

That's a good thing...

I don't care what that lady says... it what she is trying to do is dismantle the Constitution, along with all of our rights.

Even if she makes a mistake and supports something good, that's turning a blind eye to how this woman has operated from the beginning.

nobody's_hero
06-18-2009, 05:02 AM
Occasionally she accidentally gets something right. :p

tangent4ronpaul
06-18-2009, 05:11 AM

Privacy in the bedroom? - there are plenty of laws about what you can and can't do in the privacy of your own bedroom.

If the government could get away with it, they would install camera's in everyones bedroom (for our own safety, of course). They already exist in many public restrooms and in store changing rooms and you've got those x-ray vision things in airports. The gvmt can burglarize your home without a warrant and monitor your communications.

What gave you this silly idea that you had any rights to privacy anymore?

The 4th amendment is dead, long live the 4th amendment!

-t

silverhawks
06-18-2009, 07:10 AM
The 4th amendment doesn't apply to US military operating on US soil? Isn't this exactly what the British subjected the colonists to before the American Revolution?

Isn't that exactly the climate we would expect to see in the USSR, Communist China and a host of other nations suffering under totalitarian regimes?

Surely the 4th amendment should operate STRONGEST against US military operating on US soil, in order to protect the rights of the people from being infringed by their own government?

Interesting that Holder doesn't want to clarify whether or not this provision has been rendered null and void; I'm betting its like every other expansion of government power - still on the books and jealously guarded.

tron paul
06-18-2009, 10:55 AM
That's fine.

As a member of the unorganized militia, I'm now free to ignore Feinstein and Holder's Fourth Amendment rights. I just have to call it a 'domestic military operation' and my actions are suddenly, magically legal.

Fair is fair.

Reason
06-18-2009, 01:38 PM
Occasionally she accidentally gets something right. :p

I don't doubt that her intentions are good, she just has different views on many subjects and seems to be very under informed when it comes to the NSA

tangent4ronpaul
06-18-2009, 01:45 PM
I don't doubt that her intentions are good, she just has different views on many subjects and seems to be very under informed when it comes to the NSA

She's a member of the intelligence oversight committee

-t

Reason
06-18-2009, 01:50 PM
She's a member of the intelligence oversight committee

-t

You have to remember that the members of congress are the few people in the country that have the ability to limit the power of agencies like the NSA therefore are most likely going to be the least informed and kept in their bubbles.

The NSA couldn't give two shits what Joe Schmo thinks as long as congress is believing that what they are doing is needed and not overly invasive.