PDA

View Full Version : North Korea Responds to Obama Warning

FrankRep
06-18-2009, 12:33 AM
North Korea Responds to Obama Warning

Warren Mass | The New American (http://www.thenewamerican.com/)
17 June 2009

North Korea's state-controlled media issued a statement on June 17 warning of a "thousand-fold" military retaliation against the United States and its allies if provoked. BBC News quoted from a commentary published by Pyongyang's state news agency KCNA: "If the US and its followers infringe upon our republic's sovereignty even a bit, our military and people will launch a one hundred- or one thousand-fold retaliation with [a] merciless military strike. The nuclear program is not the monopoly of the US."

The AP reported that the KCNA statement also called President Obama "a hypocrite" for advocating a nuclear-free world while making "frantic efforts" to develop new nuclear weapons at home. The report did not mention the summit held between Obama and South Korean President Lee Myung-bak in Washington the previous day, during which the two leaders agreed to build a regional and global "strategic alliance" to persuade North Korea to dismantle all its nuclear weapons. However, there seemed to be an obvious connection between the timing of the report and the Obama-Lee meeting.

At a news conference held in the White House Rose (http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Remarks-by-President-Obama-and-President-Lee-of-the-Republic-of-Korea-in-Joint-Press-Availability/) Garden with President Lee, Obama said the United States would "vigorously" pursue an end to North Korea's nuclear program. The president stated:

President Lee and I reiterated our shared commitment to the complete denuclearization of the Korean peninsula. We have reaffirmed the endurance of our alliance, and America's commitment to the defense of the Republic of Korea. And we discussed the measures that we are taking with our partners in the region — including Russia, China and Japan — to make it clear to North Korea that it will not find security or respect through threats and illegal weapons.

Obama also cited the authority of the United Nations as a key component of strategy to restrain Pyongyang's nuclear ambitions:

That united international front has been on full display since North Korea's ballistic missile test in April, and was further galvanized by its recent nuclear test. On [June 12], the United Nations Security Council unanimously adopted a resolution that called for strong steps to block North Korea's nuclear and ballistic missile programs. Now we must pursue a sustained and robust effort to implement this resolution together with our international partners. And in addition to the Korean peninsula, we are committed to a global effort to pursue the goal of a world without nuclear weapons — an effort that I will be discussing later this summer in Moscow and at the G8.

President Lee also commented on the important role of the UN:

As reiterated by President Obama, we agreed that under no circumstance are we going to allow North Korea to possess nuclear weapons. We also agreed to robustly implement U.N. Security Council Resolution 1874, and of course all parties will faithfully take part in implementing this resolution.

When Scott Wilson of the Washington Post asked the president if — considering North Korea's adamant position that it should be recognized as a nuclear power and that it has set that as a precondition for normal relations with the United States and other nations — would it be an option for the United States simply to recognize North Korea as a nuclear power, Obama replied in the negative:

We have continually insisted that North Korea denuclearize. The Republic of Korea agrees with this position. Other allies like Japan agree with this position. China and Russia agree with this position. The United Nations Security Council reflects this view. We will pursue denuclearization on the Korean Peninsula vigorously.

Obama also issued a warning to Pyongyang that included compliance with what is — in effect — UN mandates: "North Korea has to make a decision and understand that prestige and security and prosperity are not going to come through the path of threatening neighbors and engaging in violations of international law." (Emphasis added.)

When a reporter asked President Lee for his views on North Korea's rejection of the UN Security Council resolution, the South Korean leader answered, in part: "The recent Security Council resolution is not simply about words; it is about taking follow-up action and vigorously implementing the U.N. Security Council resolution. And we'll make sure that we fully implement the UN Security Council resolution."

By "we," Lee made it obvious that he did not mean South Korea alone. He added: "The North Koreans must understand that their past behavior will not stand. And of course not only the U.S.-Korea close partnership, but Japan, China, and the rest of the international community will take part in this effort."

When asked about a new policy of interdicting North Korean ships at sea to enforce the Security Council resolution, Obama (following the precedent set by his predecessors, both presidents Bush) deferred to UN authority, stating:

This is not simply a U.S. policy; this is a international policy. This was part of what the Security Council resolution calls for, is the interdiction of arms shipments. How that's going to be implemented, how we approach cooperation between various countries to enforce this, is something that the United States, South Korea, China, Russia, all relevant actors — Japan — all relevant actors will be discussing in the months to come.

This recognition of "international policy" by our president is not new, but it is disturbing nevertheless. It was "international policy" that immersed our nation in the Korean War, the Vietnam War, and the invasion of Iraq, to name just the most important conflicts. Recall that, prior to the first invasion of Iraq in 1990, President George H.W. Bush sought not a declaration of war from Congress (as the Constitution requires) but UN authorization, which he received in the form of Security Council Resolution 678. The second President Bush, following in his father's footsteps, received "authorization" to invade Iraq in 2003 by Security Council resolutions 678 and 687.

However, while the UN (which consists of 192 members) does the "authorizing," which nation provides most of the troops and pays most of the bills to enforce UN resolutions? Why the good old United States, of course!

One would think that most Americans would have seen through this con game long ago. As the old saying goes: ""Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

SOURCE:
http://www.thenewamerican.com/world-mainmenu-26/asia-mainmenu-33/1250

Sandman33
06-18-2009, 12:47 AM
All North Korea seems to want is for the NWO to leave them the HELL ALONE.....they don't want to be the next Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan.....etc.

You realize that there's only 5 countries left in the world now that arent on a Rothschild central banking system? And N. Korea is one of them.

LATruth
06-18-2009, 01:55 AM
Every time they do this we throw more aid packages at them. I think they want incentives.

Brassmouth
06-18-2009, 04:45 AM
All North Korea seems to want is for the NWO to leave them the HELL ALONE.....they don't want to be the next Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan.....etc.

You realize that there's only 5 countries left in the world now that arent on a Rothschild central banking system? And N. Korea is one of them.

LMAO. I wonder why that could be???

Perhaps because the people there are unbelievably poor and their Stalinist state grows opium for military money instead of crops for food.

Perhaps that could be why your "NWO" hasn't lapped them up?

And of course you realize that there's no way anyone in the DPRK would ever have heard of your conspiracy theory. They're too busy trying to stay alive through purchasing food on the black market. (Which sometimes includes human flesh.)

Sandman33
06-18-2009, 03:20 PM
LMAO. I wonder why that could be???

Perhaps because the people there are unbelievably poor and their Stalinist state grows opium for military money instead of crops for food.

Perhaps that could be why your "NWO" hasn't lapped them up?

And of course you realize that there's no way anyone in the DPRK would ever have heard of your conspiracy theory. They're too busy trying to stay alive through purchasing food on the black market. (Which sometimes includes human flesh.)

I never said that everything was peaches n cream over there and I aboslutley hate dictatorships.

What I DID say however is that what they (meaning the N.Korean govt) want is to be LEFT THE FUCK ALONE.

You're hearing all this bullshit in the news about how bad N.Korea is and now how they want to launch a missile at Hawaii! ROFL...they don't want to launch a missile at Hawaii...they want Obama n freinds to stop yapping at them..stop knocking at their door trying to sell them a zionist bible and GO AWAY.

TGGRV
06-18-2009, 04:46 PM
So if the US drops 3000 nukes on North Korea, what will they do? Drop 3 million nukes on the US with some shit ass technology that the SDI can probably destroy safely? Oh, and nukes that they don't have either. I like how they're so full of shit.

LATruth
06-18-2009, 05:31 PM
So if the US drops 3000 nukes on North Korea, what will they do? Drop 3 million nukes on the US with some shit ass technology that the SDI can probably destroy safely? Oh, and nukes that they don't have either. I like how they're so full of shit.

IF we nuke NK the world (russia/china/iran etc) will retaliate against us. IMO.

Dark_Horse_Rider
06-18-2009, 05:33 PM

The only threat is not nuclear.

Sandman33
06-18-2009, 05:46 PM

The truth is that there's only a handfull of countries not on the globalist bandwagon, and North Korea is one of them. The propaganda machine media will tell you all kinds of threat stories to make you believe that they are a problem....when all they want is their sovereignty.

Before 911 there were 7 countries left not on a Rothschild based central bank,

Iraq
Iran
Afhanistan
N.Korea
Syria
Cuba
Venezuela

After 911 and our invasion Iraq and Afghanistan now have Rothschild based central banks that will suck the gold out of their country and leave them with paper.

Barry O has already been to Venezuela to chat with Chavez who refused to deal with Bush.

We're obviously fucking with Iran as we speak.

Cuba's in the bag and N.Korea is trying it's damnedest to show that it's not going to go down with out a fight.

LATruth
06-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Axis of evil = no IMF/central bank/rothschild influence.

Sandman33
06-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Axis of evil = no IMF/central bank/rothschild influence.

YEAH...spreadin FREEDOM people!:D

AutoDas
06-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Keep your conspiracy talk off the public forums...

Sandman33
06-18-2009, 06:50 PM
Keep your conspiracy talk off the public forums...

Says the guy with "blame the godjew" in his signature.:D

Steeleye
06-18-2009, 10:55 PM
Kim Jong Il, the brilliant military tactician and eternal dragon king, will vanquish all who stand in his way!
YouTube - No Motherland Without You (λ‹Ήμ‹*μ΄μ—†μœΌλ©΄, μ‘°κ΅*도 μ—†λ‹€) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoUybUHXYZ8)

Brassmouth
06-19-2009, 12:52 AM
I never said that everything was peaches n cream over there and I aboslutley hate dictatorships.

What I DID say however is that what they (meaning the N.Korean govt) want is to be LEFT THE FUCK ALONE.

You're hearing all this bullshit in the news about how bad N.Korea is and now how they want to launch a missile at Hawaii! ROFL...they don't want to launch a missile at Hawaii...they want Obama n freinds to stop yapping at them..stop knocking at their door trying to sell them a zionist bible and GO AWAY.

The absolute LAST thing they want is to be left alone.

They (the State) need financial and food aid. Did it ever occur to you to ask how a totalitarian State can sustain itself on an impoverished population? It can't. A parasite cannot survive without a host. Kim Jong-Il is looking for sustenance. His nuclear program is his last hope.

They're not stupid, they know they have no chance of surviving should any military confrontation occur (I wonder how long their army would last after the US firebombed what little crops they have). You don't build nukes to actually use them. They're simply a bargaining chip; and a hedge against invasion.

No, they want money, food, and prestige. Not war. However, should the collapse of the State ever become apparent to TPTB in the DPRK, I wouldn't be surprised if they ordered a "Last Hurrah" attack against someone...

Reason
06-19-2009, 01:21 AM

You clearly don't know much about North Korea, all of their military infrastructure is thousands of feet under ground.

They would come flooding into South Korea by the tens of thousands through tunnels that we would never be able to stop.

Millions would die.

LATruth
06-19-2009, 01:24 AM
You clearly don't know much about North Korea, all of their military infrastructure is thousands of feet under ground.

They would come flooding into South Korea by the tens of thousands through tunnels that we would never be able to stop.

Millions would die.

Here is a HIGH RES pic of just ONE of their "thunderbird" runways. (runway built into the side of a mountain/underground to circumvent bombing raids)

http://googlesightseeing.com/maps?p=1929&c=&t=k&hl=en&ll=39.093365,127.413211&z=15

Uriel999
06-19-2009, 01:36 AM
YouTube - so ronry (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo9Zgfndtak&feature=related)

Steeleye
06-19-2009, 01:52 AM
Here is a HIGH RES pic of just ONE of their "thunderbird" runways. (runway built into the side of a mountain/underground to circumvent bombing raids)

http://googlesightseeing.com/maps?p=1929&c=&t=k&hl=en&ll=39.093365,127.413211&z=15

That's all good and fun until you consider the fact that their air fleet is composed of 1960's Soviet hand-me-downs and their pilots get minimal training.

LATruth
06-19-2009, 02:01 AM
"Interesting" read...

North Korea began to build fortifications in 1960s. All key military facilities are built underground to withstand American bunker-buster bombs. North Korea has 8,236 underground facilities that are linked by 547 km of tunnels. Beneath Pyongyang are a huge underground stadium and other facilities. About 1.2 million tons of food, 1.46 million tons of fuel, and 1.67 million tons of ammunition are stored in underground storage areas for wartime use.

Most of the underground facilities are drilled into granite rocks and the entrances face north in order to avoid direct hits by American bombs and missiles. The B-61 Mod 11 is the main bunker buster in the US arsenal. A recent test showed that this buster could penetrate only 6 meters of rock. The latest GBU-28 laser-guided bunker-buster can penetrate to 30m. North Korean bunkers have at least 80 m of top-cover of solid rocks. North Korea has many false caves that emit heats that will misdirect unwary GBU-28/37 and BKU-113 bunker-busters.

The US military targets enemy command and control centers based on the doctrine of chopping off "the head of the snake." With the top commanders eliminated, the rank and file would be demoralized, leaderless and would surrender. North Korea's extensive underground fortification makes this strategy unworkable. In addition, the underground facilities make US spy planes and satellites impotent.

http://www.rense.com/general37/nkorr.htm

I recommend reading the entire article. War with NK on NK land would be a grinding catastrophe for America. It's a ground war we will not win. We can bomb them till cows grow wings and we wont have any effect on their capabilities whatsoever.

Sandman33
06-19-2009, 01:27 PM
"Interesting" read...

I recommend reading the entire article. War with NK on NK land would be a grinding catastrophe for America. It's a ground war we will not win. We can bomb them till cows grow wings and we wont have any effect on their capabilities whatsoever.

We could shitstomp north korea in 72 hours if all we wanted was destruction.

Dark_Horse_Rider
06-19-2009, 02:16 PM
Anyone see the scene in Lord of the Rings when Gandalf faces off with the fire demon ?

Yeah, Gandalf sent him to hell, but also found himself entangled with the whip and was dragged in with the demon.

This seems a very likely kind of scenario.

Once again, to think that artillery and or nukes are the only dangerous weapons that they have is a very foolish assumption indeed.

Sandman33
06-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Anyone see the scene in Lord of the Rings when Gandalf faces off with the fire demon ?

Yeah, Gandalf sent him to hell, but also found himself entangled with the whip and was dragged in with the demon.

This seems a very likely kind of scenario.

Once again, to think that artillery and or nukes are the only dangerous weapons that they have is a very foolish assumption indeed.

I believe that a fire demon would be more like CHINA....North Korea would be more like Gollum.

LATruth
06-19-2009, 03:13 PM
72 hours of bombing raids will do little to 8000+ military bases located under 80+ meters of granite. Nukes included.

We would have to bomb them indefinitely while they use 1000's of tunnels to invade S. Korea and inflict mass casualties.

We would be able to slow them down, but not stop them from ultimately destroying Seoul and many other cities.

Steeleye
06-19-2009, 03:30 PM
72 hours of bombing raids will do little to 8000+ military bases located under 80+ meters of granite. Nukes included.

We would have to bomb them indefinitely while they use 1000's of tunnels to invade S. Korea and inflict mass casualties.

We would be able to slow them down, but not stop them from ultimately destroying Seoul and many other cities.

You overestimate their capabilities. The tunnels the Norks dug never made it past the DMZ. http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/dprk/kpa-tunnels.htm Thus, they would have to invade over land. North Korea would be foolish to do so and, if they did, they would probably be able to penetrate into South Korea rapidly. However, they would quickly outrun their supply lines which would soon enough be obliterated by aerial attacks. Then they would encounter massively better equipped, better-trained, and healthier ROK troops who would be able to drive them back to the Chinese border if they wanted to.

LATruth
06-19-2009, 03:45 PM
I don't think any of you have read this report:

...detailing NK capabilities. And this report is a few years old. Also, remember that the NK has the best tunnelers in the world, outsourcing knowledge to Iran etc for their military installations as well.

North Korea is the world most-tunneled nation. North Korea's expertise in digging tunnels for warfare was demonstrated during the Vietnam War. North Korea sent about 100 tunnel warfare experts to Vietnam to help dig the 250 km tunnels for the North Vietnamese and Viet Gong troops in South Vietnam. The tunnels were instrumental in the Vietnamese victory.

Supply lines?

North Korea began to build fortifications in 1960s. All key military facilities are built underground to withstand American bunker-buster bombs. North Korea has 8,236 underground facilities that are linked by 547 km of tunnels. Beneath Pyongyang are a huge underground stadium and other facilities. About 1.2 million tons of food, 1.46 million tons of fuel, and 1.67 million tons of ammunition are stored in underground storage areas for wartime use.

Sandman33
06-19-2009, 03:57 PM
I don't think any of you have read this report:

...detailing NK capabilities. And this report is a few years old. Also, remember that the NK has the best tunnelers in the world, outsourcing knowledge to Iran etc for their military installations as well.

Supply lines?

Vietnamese used tunnels too...and guess what...we let them. We could have completely shitstomped Vietnam too if we WANTED to...but the truth is that the weapons manufacterers and the banks running the fed at interest were making too much money to just hurry up and win. No a lot of good innocent American soldiers had to DIE and a shitload more had to come back with Agent Orange poisioning.

We bomb the FUCK out of them...nuclear or not I dont care...all thier water supplies would be tainited, food crops DONE. Then roll in with tanks and gas the shit out of the caves...in and out....on week max.

LATruth
06-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Vietnamese used tunnels too...

Vietnam's tunnels weren't granite. They were soft tunnels propped up by wood. Also, NK's water supply comes from underground aquifers, not lakes and streams. These aquifers also produce hydroelectric power for the bases with the generators located underground, which can't be bombed.

I agree, we could carpet bomb the shit out of the country, waste billions of dollars doing so and have little to no effect on the NK military. It would HAVE to resort to a ground and pound where thousands of NK soldiers would by waiting in ambush in tunnels with the opening as wide as 20 feet max. Does the movie 300 ring a bell? They wont come out. Sure we could militarily occupy the country indefinitely and create the worlds 1st subterranean race, but do you want to occupy another country? Grow the empire that much more at the expense of the taxpayer? Lose the backing of the international community even more? And once were there, committed and on the ground we'd no doubt be attacked on 3 fronts with water to our backs on that tiny insignificant peninsula. China from the west, Russia from the north, and NK resistance from beneath.

Also, once committed to a 3rd "theater" of war I have no doubts the resistance in Afghanistan and Iraq would triple if not quadruple. What then?

Of course this is all IMO.

Dark_Horse_Rider
06-19-2009, 04:09 PM
I believe that a fire demon would be more like CHINA....North Korea would be more like Gollum.

Either way, the sting from the whip is the thing of concern.

Agent CSL
06-19-2009, 04:45 PM
I've seen this movie before.

: /

Sandman33
06-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Did you not get the nuclear aspects? Then using toxic gasses in the tunnels....what if those holes you speak of opened up and soldiers came rushing out only to run right into the nose of our tanks...blasting the shit out of them...then tossing gas into the holes and sealing them back up?

China and Russia are a much larger threat...but you realize that they are in the international community as well.

Arnack
06-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Bombing the country, resulting in millions of innocent civilian casualties, is pure evil. These people are basically enslaved to their country. If they try to leave, they will be killed. They are forced to believe everything the government tells them. I'm not exactly sure what to do, but I believe Ron Paul's standpoint is to just leave them alone, and of course, remove our troops at their border. This, however, might provoke them even further to go ahead and launch military strikes on the Republic of Korea. We just don't know.

LATruth
06-19-2009, 05:08 PM
Did you not get the nuclear aspects? Then using toxic gasses in the tunnels....what if those holes you speak of opened up and soldiers came rushing out only to run right into the nose of our tanks...blasting the shit out of them...then tossing gas into the holes and sealing them back up?

China and Russia are a much larger threat...but you realize that they are in the international community as well.

Oh I get it, and I think we can win if we ONLY had NK to worry about and no chance of any intervention from other opposing nations. But it would in no way be a 3 week war of total annihilation on our part. 8000+ deeply buried, fortified military installations being defended by an army that will not stand down like the Iraqis will be infinitely more difficult to destroy than you are making it out to be. And thats with NO outside distractions. Omaha beach would be a walk in the park compared to this.

All of their tunnel entrances face north, meaning we would have to get Russian permission to use their airspace to attack from that vector. That wont happen.

Some neat resources:

http://www.carlisle.army.mil/USAWC/Parameters/03spring/hodge.pdf

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=128528

http://gizmodo.com/5277184/north-korea-secrets-uncovered-in-google-earth-by-amateur-spies

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/dprk/

Brassmouth
06-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Vietnam's tunnels weren't granite. They were soft tunnels propped up by wood. Also, NK's water supply comes from underground aquifers, not lakes and streams. These aquifers also produce hydroelectric power for the bases with the generators located underground, which can't be bombed.

I agree, we could carpet bomb the shit out of the country, waste billions of dollars doing so and have little to no effect on the NK military. It would HAVE to resort to a ground and pound where thousands of NK soldiers would by waiting in ambush in tunnels with the opening as wide as 20 feet max. Does the movie 300 ring a bell? They wont come out. Sure we could militarily occupy the country indefinitely and create the worlds 1st subterranean race, but do you want to occupy another country? Grow the empire that much more at the expense of the taxpayer? Lose the backing of the international community even more? And once were there, committed and on the ground we'd no doubt be attacked on 3 fronts with water to our backs on that tiny insignificant peninsula. China from the west, Russia from the north, and NK resistance from beneath.

Also, once committed to a 3rd "theater" of war I have no doubts the resistance in Afghanistan and Iraq would triple if not quadruple. What then?

Of course this is all IMO.

Excuse me for being skeptical but I seriously doubt that a State as poor as NK has all the capabilities you claim.

Sounds like propaganda to me. Just Iraq had "weapons of mass destruction." :rolleyes:

LATruth
06-19-2009, 07:18 PM
Excuse me for being skeptical but I seriously doubt that a State as poor as NK has all the capabilities you claim.

Sounds like propaganda to me. Just Iraq had "weapons of mass destruction." :rolleyes:

Those claims aren't mine, those are defense analyst report claims as of 2003 I believe. One doesn't have to look hard to find sources and corroborate anything I have said regarding NK. GunnyFreedom also stated that the article I posted about NK's capabilities was pretty spot on and almost understated. (he claimed to have NK as his primary focus during his intelligence years in the service, I would also say gunny's credibility is upstanding and to be without question)