PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Paul on Happy Hour RIGHT NOW! FOX Business 5:07 PM June 17, 2009

Knightskye
06-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Gogogo!

powerofreason
06-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Summary of what was said please. Or tube.

Knightskye
06-17-2009, 03:31 PM
Summary of what was said please. Or tube.

They talked about Obama's "exploding toaster" line from his Tonight Show interview, and the proposed regulation watchdog. Dr. Paul defended the market (gosh! :D) in its ability to regulate, and talked about prosecuting fraud. Rebecca Gomez, one of the co-hosts, got upset and ranted about the market not "protecting the little guy" and Paul kept trying to get a word in. Paul also talked about the Federal Reserve, which made Cody Willard happy. :)

Afterward, there was some guy named Anthony Scaramucci, and a couple minutes into his interview, he said, "A lot of the things that Ron Paul says are right." But he agreed with Rebecca that someone has to stand up for consumers.

powerofreason
06-17-2009, 03:39 PM
They talked about Obama's "exploding toaster" line from his Tonight Show interview, and the proposed regulation watchdog. Dr. Paul defended the market (gosh! :D) in its ability to regulate, and talked about prosecuting fraud. Rebecca Gomez, one of the co-hosts, got upset and ranted about the market not "protecting the little guy" and Paul kept trying to get a word in. Paul also talked about the Federal Reserve, which made Cody Willard happy. :)

Afterward, there was some guy named Anthony Scaramucci, and a couple minutes into his interview, he said, "A lot of the things that Ron Paul says are right." But he agreed with Rebecca that someone has to stand up for consumers.

Thanks. I did catch some of the scaramucci dude. Now that flaming liberal idiot spitzer is on spreading his propaganda. :mad:

Austin
06-17-2009, 03:44 PM
How about consumers stand up for consumers? :rolleyes:

Brian4Liberty
06-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Good show, I have never watched it before. Loved how Cody kept reminding them all that all of that fraud was already illegal! The government regulators already had plenty of power, and didn't do anything. Now they get more power and bigger budgets. What a crock of sh*t!!

Brian4Liberty
06-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Eliot Spitzer was good too. He also said that we don't need new regulations. Said that the Fed Reserve and other agencies did absolutely nothing, and that the Fed government stopped him from going after the Wall St. crooks (stopped his investigations and said that he was out of his jurisdiction). He emphasizes that the OCC did not do their job.

Amazing that we don't hear a lot more about the OCC.

http://www.occ.treas.gov/

The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) charters, regulates, and supervises all national banks. It also supervises the federal branches and agencies of foreign banks. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., the OCC has four district offices plus an office in London to supervise the international activities of national banks.

The OCC was established in 1863 as a bureau of the U.S. Department of the Treasury. The OCC is headed by the Comptroller , who is appointed by the President, with the advice and consent of the Senate, for a five-year term. The Comptroller also serves as a director of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and a director of the Neighborhood Reinvestment Corporation.

The OCC's nationwide staff of examiners conducts on-site reviews of national banks and provides sustained supervision of bank operations. The agency issues rules, legal interpretations, and corporate decisions concerning banking, bank investments, bank community development activities, and other aspects of bank operations.

National bank examiners supervise domestic and international activities of national banks and perform corporate analyses. Examiners analyze a bank's loan and investment portfolios, funds management, capital, earnings, liquidity, sensitivity to market risk, and compliance with consumer banking laws, including the Community Reinvestment Act. They review the bank's internal controls, internal and external audit, and compliance with law. They also evaluate bank management's ability to identify and control risk.

In regulating national banks, the OCC has the power to:

* Examine the banks.
* Approve or deny applications for new charters, branches, capital, or other changes in corporate or banking structure.
* Take supervisory actions against banks that do not comply with laws and regulations or that otherwise engage in unsound banking practices. The agency can remove officers and directors, negotiate agreements to change banking practices, and issue cease and desist orders as well as civil money penalties.
* Issue rules and regulations governing bank investments, lending, and other practices.

The OCC's Objectives

The OCC's activities are predicated on four objectives that support the OCC's mission to ensure a stable and competitive national banking system. The four objectives are:

* To ensure the safety and soundness of the national banking system.
* To foster competition by allowing banks to offer new products and services.
* To improve the efficiency and effectiveness of OCC supervision, including reducing regulatory burden.
* To ensure fair and equal access to financial services for all Americans.

Knightskye
06-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Good show, I have never watched it before. Loved how Cody kept reminding them all that all of that fraud was already illegal! The government regulators already had plenty of power, and didn't do anything. Now they get more power and bigger budgets. What a crock of sh*t!!

Yeah, I guess they were advocating that we prosecute thought-crime.

Brian4Liberty
06-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Yeah, I guess they were advocating that we prosecute thought-crime.

Not sure what you mean? Maybe they will give Timmy Geithner the power to prosecute thought crime now, after he didn't do his job before.

Many people complained about the fraud. They didn't do anything about it. If I call the police and say my neighbor is murdering people in his house everyday, and I can hear their screams, I expect the police to investigate.

Kotin
06-17-2009, 04:43 PM
tube?

speciallyblend
06-17-2009, 05:14 PM
How about consumers stand up for consumers? :rolleyes:

in a dream world that sounds great ,as a consumer we are getting screwed by our insurance company. as a consumer i have no way to fight back;) unless you want to fund it;)

consumers have no chance against multi million dollar companies

Dreamofunity
06-17-2009, 05:35 PM
That woman was annoying.

Knightskye
06-17-2009, 08:33 PM
tube?

It's not up on FBN's site just yet. I'll try to get it on YouTube, if it's not up by then anyway.

JamesButabi
06-17-2009, 09:19 PM
bump for tubage

bucfish
06-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Ah the old days Paul would be on and within 30 minutes a tube was up, what happened?

Knightskye
06-18-2009, 12:41 AM
Ah the old days Paul would be on and within 30 minutes a tube was up, what happened?

I don't know about "30 minutes", but the election gave a big incentive to get the footage and spread it around.

HOLLYWOOD
06-18-2009, 02:13 AM
All 3 Hosts on HAPPY HOUR were very cordial. Yeah, I'd say that's 3 votes for Ron.

The whole coverage was great, and the follow-up Spitzer deal reinforced everything Ron has been saying.

Great hour overall... I tivo'd it, but don't have the means right now to capture the vids to my PCs/Laptops.

SaratogaForRonPaul
06-18-2009, 12:33 PM
No toobage?

Knightskye
06-18-2009, 01:51 PM
No toobage?

I now have the RSS feed for Happy Hour's videos, and I'll get it on the tube as soon as Fox Business gets it on their site.

TequilamockingBird
06-18-2009, 03:24 PM
consumers have no chance against multi million dollar companies

I don't know man. One individual can start quite a mess. With the power of the internet the consumer can be unstoppable. Quit using the corporations products and it'll have to change.

haaaylee
06-19-2009, 09:48 AM
really? no video yet?

Join The Paul Side
06-19-2009, 10:29 AM
really? no video yet?

I know. They're slippin' :(

Eric21ND
06-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Is it on the website?

Knightskye
06-19-2009, 11:33 PM
Is it on the website?

I've been searching. One segment called "Back in the Hood" with Cody Willard was sorted under the wrong date, so I don't know.

Watching a couple videos to see if I can find it.

Eric21ND
06-20-2009, 08:08 AM
no videos show up for me on the website??

haaaylee
06-21-2009, 03:53 PM
it's gotta be somewhere....